Diablo® III

Allow playing in all Acts via Waypoint-system

Just this. If we got to act 2, and we join a fresh act 2 game, we can join any area we've visited prior to that and all bosses are there again.

If we have finnished the game on act 4, we can move across all acts as we want and re-opening a game re-freshes everything. No bound-on-quest. The story-line shouldn't restrict us from farming as we want.

I don't really see the problem in switching inbetween acts. Hell, elites drop the best loot. If someone just loves to slain bosses, he can do so. All bosses available! If someone likes to farm keys, he can do so. Get 5 stacks anywhere across the 4 acts, and then search for all the different keywardens! Why not?

This will increase the replayability a LOT as you are NOT forced to re-open games, be restricted to ONE quest to play onward from and not loose all stacks! If you love act 1 but also act 4, you open a game, go to anywhere in a1 and farm your favourite spots, maybe kill the butcher, you love to fight kulle? Then jump to kulle and then straight to act 4 because it is one of your favourite acts! Don't like every area of act 4 tho? Np, you are not forced to play straight through the questline again!

I don't see much sense in the quest-system as we have it atm but restricting player experience and choice. Maybe I'm a bit oldschool there but I'm quite sure many people would agree on that case.

Spread the word and tell me if you do want this or not with some reasoning please :-)
Reply Quote
totally agree, but there are many threads about a waypoints-system.
i myself created one, months ago
Reply Quote
So let's give this some attention and let the voices be heard then
Reply Quote
+1, no real reason to prohibit his, apart from the usual (Fun Police putting the brakes on).
Reply Quote
You can do this within an act minus the boss fights.

For the multiplayer perspective,
One of the main reasons you cannot hop around the acts is because it was not really fun to join a game expecting to fight A -> B -> C -> D only to find out that A and B are done and C is halfway finished. The current set up is that if you want to start at A, B or C you can do that 100% of the time (even though part of it may be finished).

If you are going to solo, then the above does not apply of course. Perhaps for a solo and a game started with a group you can do this.
Reply Quote
Perhaps don't remove the quest-options but add a "Free-slain" mode that enables this. Apart from that (and probably with this too^^), a way to name your game like in diablo 2 would be fun to give a short description of what you are doing in the game and seeing how long the game has been up yet so you can expect the game to just have started, be halfway done or finished.

So you basically get what you expect.

I think this was pretty cool in diablo 2 and there should be atleast an option to do this. Especially when playing alone or with friends (in case they wont add that kind of game-lounge where u can search for specific games e.g. Baalrun, act 2 questing, keyruns etc.).
Edited by Ayranjie#2947 on 6/24/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree as well, this change would give Diablo 3 a face lift. There is no reason we shouldn't be allowed to go across acts once we have beaten the story line 2745237590384582904823894o23647823658972389057 times. I mean it is a completely unnecessary restriction, and doesn't make the game any better. If anything, it makes the game a lot less fun.
Reply Quote
sadly this will not happen, because Blizzard wants you to "strictly" play the story how they created it. Because of epicness of course.

That you get bored to the fact where you want to vomit if you hear "my minions will crush you nephalem!" again doesnt matter.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 6/24/2013 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
sadly this will not happen, because Blizzard wants you to "strictly" play the story how they created it. Because of epicness of course.

That you get bored to the fact where you want to vomit if you hear "my minions will crush you nephalem!" again.

"My servants will feast on your pride, as they devour your flesh."
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 07:15 AMPosted by zSnakez
I agree as well, this change would give Diablo 3 a face lift. There is no reason we shouldn't be allowed to go across acts once we have beaten the story line 2745237590384582904823894o23647823658972389057 times. I mean it is a completely unnecessary restriction, and doesn't make the game any better. If anything, it makes the game a lot less fun.

Well said. Although there is a letter in that number, but I get what you're pointing at :D haha
Reply Quote
I'd love to see this.
Reply Quote
A blue said awhile back that it's something they were looking into. I would look up the post, but I'm eating a sub.
Reply Quote
I think that's some stuff for the patch inbetween now and itemization.
Reply Quote

One of the main reasons you cannot hop around the acts is because it was not really fun to join a game expecting to fight A -> B -> C -> D only to find out that A and B are done and C is halfway finished. The current set up is that if you want to start at A, B or C you can do that 100% of the time (even though part of it may be finished).

If you are going to solo, then the above does not apply of course. Perhaps for a solo and a game started with a group you can do this.

so which part of that is not happening right now ? join half game happens all the time .
Reply Quote

so which part of that is not happening right now ? join half game happens all the time .

Indeed.

Some more opinions on this?
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Glassfist
it was not really fun to join a game expecting to fight A -> B -> C -> D only to find out that A and B are done and C is halfway finished

1)thanks for telling me what is and isnt fun, i really appreciate it.
2) this still happens, there are constant threads about joining games with the KW dead.
3) this makes no sense, you expect linear and it's not linear or something? i remember killing baal while other people were killing diablo in d2. it was fun times.
Reply Quote
Wyatt said in his last interview something along the lines of it being something they're working on.
Reply Quote
xpac feature
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 03:36 PMPosted by doyoulift
xpac feature

Hopefully not. It should have been there from the beginning imo.

Wyatt said in his last interview something along the lines of it being something they're working on

More specific maybe? :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]