Diablo® III

Allow playing in all Acts via Waypoint-system

How about an option to just not have to play the storyline all the time. Beating it once should either turn it off for that character or enable an option to do the same.
Reply Quote
+ 1
Reply Quote
Im glad to see green posts against blizz lazy devs, keep it up, maybe we will get something in 3-4 months...
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
Just this. If we got to act 2, and we join a fresh act 2 game, we can join any area we've visited prior to that and all bosses are there again.

Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about making the world of Sanctuary more [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#wyatt-open-world"]open[/url] in his interview with ArchonTheWizard, but it's to early to have more details on how it would work. I think this all comes back to having more [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#travis-content-choices"]choices in content[/url] (something Travis Day talks about), and that's something we're definitely interested in providing more of.

Bolded comments have become the standard Blue refrain.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
Just this. If we got to act 2, and we join a fresh act 2 game, we can join any area we've visited prior to that and all bosses are there again.

Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about making the world of Sanctuary more [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#wyatt-open-world"]open[/url] in his interview with ArchonTheWizard, but it's to early to have more details on how it would work. I think this all comes back to having more [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#travis-content-choices"]choices in content[/url] (something Travis Day talks about), and that's something we're definitely interested in providing more of.
Great! More things you talk about and are interested in. I look forward to their implementation in the expansion pack.
Reply Quote
Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about making the world of Sanctuary more open in his interview with ArchonTheWizard, but it's to early to have more details on how it would work. I think this all comes back to having more choices in content (something Travis Day talks about), and that's something we're definitely interested in providing more of.

Translation: back burner.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Rhyas9
Wyatt Cheng talked a little bit about making the world of Sanctuary more open in his interview with ArchonTheWizard, but it's to early to have more details on how it would work. I think this all comes back to having more choices in content (something Travis Day talks about), and that's something we're definitely interested in providing more of.

Translation: back burner.

Most likely, yeah. So only people who like this idea so far, some more? :o
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 12:01 AMPosted by TheTias

I do hope that Wyatt and Travis realize that in order to give us open waypoint access, they'll also need to give us the option of disabling story mode completely, assuming bosses and sub-bosses are made available, since currently they can only be accessed via the storyline.

I know I'd jump up and down for joy if story mode were disabled or allowed to be turned off so I could have all bosses at all times and pick and choose what I want to fight instead of having to say, choose the quest to defeat Ghom in act 3 and then fight all the way through the act via the storyline if I want to kill Azmodan in the same run.

The big problem that players are having with the current system is that it basically forces a "Lunar: Silver Star" approach to how they play - everything has to be done linearly. There's no room for any alterations to what a player can access at any given time.

Key runs are something else to consider in this mix. Having to get NV5 as a prerequisite just to have a chance at the keys currently means one of two scenarios comes into play:

1) Players have to get NV5 for a specific act and kill the Keywarden, then exit the game and repeat the procedure for each additional act/key they want or need.

2) Players have to get NV5 in one act (1 or 2) kill the Keywarden, and then use the storyline to advance to the next act to get that Keywarden.

It's really a frustrating and limiting system. It also highlights yet again just how much of a crutch NV5 has been made into and how it is not a good design for this game. It was a band-aid thrown in to offset the itemization and loot distribution model put into place because of the two auction houses, but has had nothing but negative effects on how players interact with the game from making runs much longer than playrs want to making the Uber bosses that much more annoying and/or frustrating.

There are so many design implementations in Diablo 3 that force limitations on the player that the game feels like it was made with a narrow vision (and literally a narrow tunnel vission in terms of how we really actually play it) and there is just way way too much negative reinforcement, which has been dragging down the enjoyability of the game as a whole.

I'm also going to just come out and say it because everybody is thinking it and feels that it is one of, if not the biggest root causes of the lack of progress being made with regard to improving the game: Why is this yet another "we're thinking about it / it's on the table / we're considering it / it's possible" scenario? Even I'm seriously starting to feel like we're dealing with politicians and dignitaries instead of actual developers. I'm not sure which takes longer to get something done - state and federal legislatures or the developers for this game.

This game is still sitting in a very dark abyss and we're facing the prospect of not getting anything done until the end of the year at best. Why is it that we're still sitting on ideas that many, if not most players want and waiting to dump it all in at once instead of putting the foundation for a more enjoyable game in now and taking care of the Big Problems™ when they're ready to be tackled (which is not to say that those shouldn't have already been tackled, but that's an argument for another thread).

If I have to wait for the end of the year just to see any of these ideas the developers are "considering" come to fruition in even a PTR environment, I am going to be extremely unhappy. I suspect quite a few others will be just as displeased (or worse) if this is the case.

I want to jump into the game and send monsters and their bosses back to the hell they came from, not be forced to play through the story for the eleventy billionth time, all the while constantly dismissing quest dialogs off of my screen during combat and being stuck on a one way train to snoozeville in the process.

Edit: Typos.

Caution: This cookie bites back.

+1 and this is what i call business more than 6 months to make a patch??? xD

Let the expasion come lol this is all about money and thats the truth... if the game is already perfect what sence do an expansion?? Think about that... ofc its a good move for blizz making some extra bills but bad to player becouse if they wanna play a good and complete game and yes D3 still in BETA they got to pay the expansion... and thats all GL & HF
Reply Quote
+1 for OP and the two green posts. Again this is just a question of fluidity within the game, which is currently the bare minimum..
Reply Quote
This would make runs so much more diverse. Couple it with an option to completely skip the terrible story (cutscenes, obnoxious popups, etc) and you got a nice QoL improvement for the game.
Reply Quote
Doesn't fit in with original artistic vision, and even if it did, it'd still "be on the table" and "something we should talk about". (c)

Aren't you thankful?
Reply Quote
I sincerely hope they do make it so we can jump multiple acts in 1 game session rather than having to decide whether to make a new game and lose a checkpoint or to farm different routes.

This would also bring us closer to define what is fun for us rather than having blizzard shove their definition of 'fun' down our throats.
Reply Quote
Would be nice to have this feature back, getting tired of spending 15-20 minutes finding mobs to get NV stacks just to kill one KW for no reward.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
They just need a new game mode called Open World.

No real story elements and stuff. Just the ability to travel to anywhere at any time provided you have reached it before.

Boss fights may have to be changed to not rely on their scripted events. That can too open a whole new world of random encounters in the world if done correctly.

Also, Cain should always be there for us!
Reply Quote
it really is something how much this game differs from its previous version diablo 2 u could go act to act.
Reply Quote
View profile
How about an option to just not have to play the storyline all the time.

Actually, that part is fairly easy.
You just set the quest on the last boss.
Of course, the way D3 works you won't be
able to kill any storyline bosses because
they just won't be there..
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Crocodilius
How about an option to just not have to play the storyline all the time.

Actually, that part is fairly easy.
You just set the quest on the last boss.
Of course, the way D3 works you won't be
able to kill any storyline bosses because
they just won't be there..

If you do this, e.g. akt 2 belial quest, you can clear whole a2 without any quest bosses tho, and had to start akt 3 from the start. Still the same "forced to play like this" imo. and not even near what I've suggested.
Reply Quote
View profile
Still the same "forced to play like this"

that's why people choose their favourite areas
to level or farm in, for instance
the Fields in Acts 1 and 3.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Crocodilius
Still the same "forced to play like this"

that's why people choose their favourite areas
to level or farm in, for instance
the Fields in Acts 1 and 3.

That is not the problem. If you think we are not aware that you can just pick last quest and farm all areas of that act then I tell you, we know that, and we do it, that is not the concern.
Reply Quote

Some Bliz guy talked a little bit about some issue in his interview with some streamer, but it's to early to have more details on how it would work. I think this all comes back to having more whatever (something the Bliz guy talks about), and that's something we're definitely interested in providing more of.

They have obviously activated their answering bot again. Turing test failed, Grimiku. :-p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]