Diablo® III

Archon's new video on DH's

Highest sheet dps class but lowest edps class = poor design is all

Simple quick fix will be to increase Hungering Arrow Dmg base to 150% and buff Spray of Teeth radius and area dmg from 50% to 500%

Isn't that just straight out OP?

The change we need isn't some simple +%% Damage on this and that on those and whatnot.. We somehow need a complete overhaul..

Increasing the damage on some certain skills has 3 effects..
1. It will outright outshine ANYTHING and thus will be used in a "mandatory" fashion
2. It will be good, but didn't really address any major problems the DH has in general.
3. It still won't be used because it still sucks
Reply Quote
they need to buff ALL of the demon hunter spells, especially the passives as well. Most of the class spells simply must be re-designed as well. I believe his one example of buffing hungering arrow is very reasonable. Just take closer look at other classes, the demon hunter is complete joke compared to them. looking over Archon video again, what complete joke of "research" this guy did.

anyone else who tells you otherwise such as, the demon hunter is good spot or could use small tweaks, either trolling or completely unaware of the serious problems this class has. I don't know how much more proof good players must show. We're are going in circles here.
Reply Quote
I'm late to this party, but I think the OP makes a strong case.

We need more spammable AOE.

My ideas-

-Poison bola shot leaves behind poison clouds for 30% damage per second, over 3 seconds with a decent sized radius. These already shoot three at a time, with decent attack speed it would mean 18 clouds could be active. Wouldn't need a lot of damage to be an effective AOE.

-More attacks need to pierce. More attacks should natively have a pierce chance, come up with new ruins to take the place of the ruins for pierce chance. Basically any of the faster moving arrow based attacks should be able to pierce.

-Radius on explosions needs to increase. The Arcane bola's radius is in a good place.

-Bola delay needs to be decreased. The arcane explosion is the closest we have to spammable AOE, 2 seconds is way too long with how hectic things are in higher mp levels. Perhaps .5s for other bolas and 1s for arcane bola.

-Aerial attacks need to be more precise, do specific damage per hit (none of this 700% over x amount of seconds) The over time damage is useless when everything is running around all crazy, we are lucky to land a hit for a full second. The attacks take so long to animate nothing stays in the targeted area. These attacks should be fast, hard hitting, and land where clicked like they are for the wizard and barb.

-I'd like to see one of the more AOE Chakram skills, like double Chakram, to become a hatred generator for a small damage reduction.

-I think grenades need a total overhaul. Should be replaced with explosive tip arrows (think Rambo). Why would we even have a crossbow equipped and how would it buff our dps if we are just throwing grenades? Doesn't make sense now. The grenades slow arch and bounce suck. These should have more AOE and always have residual fire damage. Adjust the damage to bring it more inline to what it is now but with a direct fire line on an arrow. Right now grenades are clunky and imprecise. How is a hunter, a ranged assassin, supposed to be so darn clunky.
Edited by MustacheGuy#1904 on 6/27/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
When I just hit 60 on my monk I put all the gear from my freshly 100 paragon DH and could handle doing mp7-8 pretty efficiently. The very same gear on my DH would take me at least twice as long to kill the very same mobs as did on my monk with elites taking 3x longer. Granted I could use the proper mantra + bell and splat elites for 1m+ dmg. Never could i do that with this same gear on my DH. DH ijust does not feel nearly as effective as my monk. On a side note I find it incredibly arrogant someone who borrowed another players high end gear plays the class for all of a minute then assumes he can give suggestions to correct our problems. I prefer to listen to people like prohacker and the few other DH that stream on twitch these days as opposed to this guy.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Chrizzle
Spray of Teeth radius and area dmg from 50% to 500%

I'm for DH buffs and all, but most of our hate spenders barely outperform the hate generators already, heh. More hate spenders should be buffed, I think the generators are ok for the most part actually.
Reply Quote
If dualwielding gave independent fire it would be the One Best Change we could have.

Think of the glory of spamming hate gen with LMB and casting hate spender with RMB at the same time.
Reply Quote
Dh seems fine to me, mp10 not a problem depends on what skills and setup you use, loh makes it a lot easier, I dropped from 575k to tad over 400k with loh makes it easy to tank,but I do think we need a better resource generator,mostly use razor disc and nades,and if use grenadier,nightstalker and cant rember 3rd one at moment you always refill hatred and discipline.i was testing out some other skills last few days,but disc nade was best over all
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 02:18 PMPosted by hairysack
Dh seems fine to me, mp10 not a problem depends on what skills and setup you use, loh makes it a lot easier, I dropped from 575k to tad over 400k with loh makes it easy to tank,but I do think we need a better resource generator,mostly use razor disc and nades,and if use grenadier,nightstalker and cant rember 3rd one at moment you always refill hatred and discipline.i was testing out some other skills last few days,but disc nade was best over all

The argument has never been that the problem with DHs is one of survivability, but one of high mp farming efficiency, i.e. effective damage per second (edps) compared to every other class. And, with as much respect as can be conveyed... you have 160k paper dps without sharpshooter, there's no way in hell you're farming efficiently in mp10. Unless, or course, you're simply exploiting sharpshooter with the snapshotting mechanic of rapid fire, which is a waste of time waiting for the build up (and utterly handicapping if you ever have to move/get moved by elites).
Reply Quote
I can farm it just fine,i do everynight swapping out each character for a few games,I found razor disc and nades to be the fastest most constant damage output,sorry current gear and skill on there are from trying few other setups I see people using and can see why so many of you have problems, it is to hard to count how may nades explode at 100k(15ish-20 is 1-2 mill damage) ,and rdisck with or without sharpshootter stays constant 400k+ damage.maybe try that some see if helps any,but it would be great to see some stackable skills
Reply Quote
I apologize, that came out much more harsh than it should have. I dunno, I suppose its just two-fold frustration, one from Blizzard's incredibly slow response to the obvious deficits with the DH, and two from the myriad people that come here out of the blue to say that the DH is fine.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 02:39 PMPosted by hairysack
I can farm it just fine,i do everynight swapping out each character for a few games,I found razor disc and nades to be the fastest most constant damage output,sorry current gear and skill on there are from trying few other setups I see people using and can see why so many of you have problems, it is to hard to count how may nades explode at 100k(15ish-20 is 1-2 mill damage) ,and rdisck with or without sharpshootter stays constant 400k+ damage.maybe try that some see if helps any,but it would be great to see some stackable skills

The argument of our eDPS has been validated time and time again through videos, numbers etc and even a 1 to 1 gear swap of the same gear with a monk using our best build which is the cluster nade jagged spikes spike trap build or RF bombardment. It still falls behind compared to any other class at equal gear levels. That is the issue, its not that we cant do serious DPS, its that any class with the same gear would do 2-3x the amount we would do when equally geared.

The ISSUE with our eDPS is the DISPARITY between our damage output in comparison to all the other classes when geared equally.

This issue stems not from gearing but from a fundamental design issue with the class which are related to /low damage multipliers/inability to spam skills/inability to use multiple skills at once and terrible self buffs. those three things in combo create for terrible in game damage output in comparison to other classes even if we have double the unbuffed DPS because other classes can easily double or triple their paper unbuffed dps with skills and build synergy etc which lead to tremendous actual in game effective DPS.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 6/27/2013 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I do agree with you guys,kinda just giving some input on a way that works well for me,but true the dps is inflated to much and does not reflect correct damage or constant damage you would figure with 400k dps we should see hits criting over 1mill instead a lot of the useless skills do less damage then what shows on character and too many of the skills are a waste. the Dh should be for example like barb with 180 dps hits 400k damage and ancient hammer hits 1.5 mill. I would like to see that on the dh(we need itemization more then anything LOL)
Reply Quote
bored at work can ya tell, also which I am sure a lot of ya see when you take off sharpshooter you have to change out amulet, gloves etc,so we have to carry 2 sets of gear which is a pain
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 02:56 PMPosted by METATRON

The argument of our eDPS has been validated time and time again through videos, numbers etc and even a 1 to 1 gear swap of the same gear with a monk using our best build which is the cluster nade jagged spikes spike trap build or RF bombardment. It still falls behind compared to any other class at equal gear levels. That is the issue, its not that we cant do serious DPS, its that any class with the same gear would do 2-3x the amount we would do when equally geared.

The ISSUE with our eDPS is the DISPARITY between our damage output in comparison to all the other classes when geared equally.

This issue stems not from gearing but from a fundamental design issue with the class which are related to /low damage multipliers/inability to spam skills/inability to use multiple skills at once and terrible self buffs. those three things in combo create for terrible in game damage output in comparison to other classes even if we have double the unbuffed DPS because other classes can easily double or triple their paper unbuffed dps with skills and build synergy etc which lead to tremendous actual in game effective DPS.

I just wanted to quote this to say Amen!

The class needs a major skill reworking. Not just a buff here and there but the actual skills need to be changed. With al these density changes we don't have any tools in our arsenal compared to yhe other classes.

I wish this single post could be stickied and sent to the developers. Short and sweet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]