Diablo® III

Cold SOJ, 30 elites, 7 RF

How to calculate the dps increase? will it better than + 12 bola dmg on SOJ

http://imgur.com/AXTMxcl

I have it with my profile. Selling if the offer is right. Min 2b
Edited by chunlee#1401 on 6/23/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its a great SoJ. However, the cold affix on rapid fire really doesn't do much for it, and I found a few rings with max bonus vs elites, disc, and 7 cc on rapid fire for under 1 bil.

Regardless, good luck with the sale, or enjoy using it!
Reply Quote
I have both cold, max elite, +12 bola and this SOJ. Together with quiver's , i don't know which one is better?

12 bola soj + 14 bola quiver vs 7RF soj + 8 RF quiver, which one is better?
Reply Quote
I have both cold, max elite, +12 bola and this SOJ. Together with quiver's , i don't know which one is better?

12 bola soj + 14 bola quiver vs 7RF soj + 8 RF quiver, which one is better?

The set of the ability you use more. I'd guess the RF one as that's a very hot ability right now, one that can be set up to not even need a hatred generator. Both abilities suffer from the fact that neither work well with a cold affix though, requiring either a subpar rune (in RF's case) or another ability to proc the cold-snaring effect.
Reply Quote
Even though cold doesn't do much for RF, it still adds value to it believe it or not. Seen a few of these cold ones 2b in GAH. Glws op.
Reply Quote
I say, just keep it. That's a beautiful find, why sell it.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 10:25 AMPosted by RedCell

haha I agree with Red, I'd be ecstatic if I found that. I don't think the Cold Damage takes away from it at all, it just opens the door to other skills when used with RF.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 11:39 AMPosted by TastySouP

haha I agree with Red, I'd be ecstatic if I found that. I don't think the Cold Damage takes away from it at all, it just opens the door to other skills when used with RF.

I never meant to give the impression that the cold affix takes away from it, but do I think the affix alone makes it worth 1.3 billion more than an equivalent non-cold one? Absolutely not. Regardless, gotta thank the OP, because of them i was able to snag a 5% lightning damage, 10 disc, 30 bonus vs elite, 4% cc to rapid fire off the AH for 10 mil.
Reply Quote

I never meant to give the impression that the cold affix takes away from it, but do I think the affix alone makes it worth 1.3 billion more than an equivalent non-cold one? Absolutely not. Regardless, gotta thank the OP, because of them i was able to snag a 5% lightning damage, 10 disc, 30 bonus vs elite, 4% cc to rapid fire off the AH for 10 mil.

My bad dude! I actually didn't mean for that to be directed at your prior comments. You got a pretty solid snipe IMO. I got mine for 25 Mil, I think it was an alright deal, as you said people want to much for the Cold Damage.
Reply Quote

My bad dude! I actually didn't mean for that to be directed at your prior comments. You got a pretty solid snipe IMO. I got mine for 25 Mil, I think it was an alright deal, as you said people want to much for the Cold Damage.

Oh no worries, no offense was had on my part. Yeah, I was shocked that I got it for as little as I did!
Reply Quote
I actually did not get this ring through find. I bought it for testing.

Cold has some good effect sometimes. For example, spike traps, hungering arrow can help my wiz team mate be able to freeze gob easier.

If the crt chance is +7, i guess the effect is better than +14 bola, because of the based dmg of RF being higher.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569329357
Edited by chunlee#1401 on 6/24/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9308901329#1

I made this a while ago, got sick of searching for my random old posts, so I amalgamated the information into one post.
Reply Quote
Well, Travis or Wyatt did say that they were going to fix elemental damage. I know cold already works, but they could end up changing mechanics so it overwrites skill damage. Unless you really want the gold, Id keep that ring.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:53 PMPosted by hellmonkey
Well, Travis or Wyatt did say that they were going to fix elemental damage. I know cold already works, but they could end up changing mechanics so it overwrites skill damage. Unless you really want the gold, Id keep that ring.

That they did, and if memory serves, it was said that they wouldn't convert the existing gear with the elemental damage affixes, but new items after the change would be the only ones to change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]