Diablo® III

GFX Issue on MacBook Pro?

Hi all,

been playing since day 1 - and I run D3 on a late 2011 MacBook Pro. The GFX card is a AMD Radeon HD 6750M.

The GFX have never been that great for me but the FPS has always been pretty smooth.... Sometimes the GFX would chop a bit and I would just restart and everything was back to normal.
I have not played for about a month or so... now when I come back I am experiencing major "chop", and a "laggy" feel (ie: the response time on my click is slow and feels "dumb"). It also seems like there is a "rubber band" feel where the FPS is changing from slow to fast.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions? I want to play d3 again, HELP!!!

-leaf
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Could you post your system information?

You can obtain your system information by holding down the Option key while the Apple Menu is open and selecting System Profiler or System Information (10.6.8 or 10.7+ respectively) and posting the information from the following three sections in a post here:

Hardware
Graphics
Software

Please make sure to remove any serial numbers and the hardware UUID from the Hardware section, and the username from the Software section.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Hi TheTias, thanks for the response.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.69f3
Serial Number (system): C02GJ181DRJM
Hardware UUID:
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

GRAPHICS Overview

AMD Radeon HD 6750M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170L-573
gMux Version: 1.9.23
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.573

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63b)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name:
User Name:
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 21:24

If you need any more info please let me know. Also, if you need a better/different description please let me know. THANKS!! Will I hear back on this thread or e-mail or will I hear back at all?

Leaf
Reply Quote
Here is a video of it too.

http://www.kellent.biz/drops/d3wreck2.mp4

When I join the game I get the usual choppiness, it seems like everything is loading. This has always happened, but it usually goes away within minutes. Right after I fight that first elite and I am killing those tremors, that's the issue I am trying to describe. Hope this helps a little... a month or 2 ago my gameplay was pretty smooth, considering I am playing on a MBP laptop, etc. but now this is just unplayable... and it gets worse the longer I play...

THANKS for your time. Look forward to response...

P.S. the circle around the mouse pointer is something put there by the screen capture software... not sure if its because its a trial version, or whatever..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]