Diablo® III

Question about Item Drops

Hey all, i'm new to Diablo. I just defeated Diablo on Hell today, and I'm only level 59, so I needed to get some more experience so I can start Inferno.

So I decided to try and defeat Diablo again, on Hell difficulty, which I did. This time the drops were not nearly as good. The first time he dropped 5-6 Rares with a bunch of gold, and the second time he dropped a few Magic items, and some gold.

This seems to happen when I run though other bosses for a second or third time.

Anyone have an explanation?

(The first time was with 3 other people, and the 2nd time was by myself. So that explains some of the difference, but not the dramatic decrease in goods)
Reply Quote
The bosses drop more and better loot the first time you kill them per difficulty. It's working as planned.
Reply Quote
That happens on all boss battles. First kill will provide much better loot. Any kill after that you get practically nothing. Honestly you're better off farming act I for items/xp instead of bosses.
Reply Quote
Ok thanks guys!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]