Diablo® III

Team Sharks - the distribution

To replace original blackthorne set, the chest and pant need to have combine 500+ vit.

original blackthorne set has 100 vit set bonus
chest has 215 vit
pant 94 vit and 10% hp, that is about another 100 vit

So total = 100 + 215 + 94 +100 = 509 vit

original set has 70 + 99 str and 5 sockets, that is 169 str and around 250 str from gem.

total 169 + 250 = 419 Str.

Also it provide 73+57 = 130 All resist.

If we want to replace it with something else, we have to think hard.
Reply Quote
To replace original blackthorne set, the chest and pant need to have combine 500+ vit.

original blackthorne set has 100 vit set bonus
chest has 215 vit
pant 94 vit and 10% hp, that is about another 100 vit

So total = 100 + 215 + 94 +100 = 509 vit

original set has 70 + 99 str and 5 sockets, that is 169 str and around 250 str from gem.

total 169 + 250 = 419 Str.

Also it provide 73+57 = 130 All resist.

If we want to replace it with something else, we have to think hard.

You need a chest and pants like the ones I'm wearing. It's possible if you sacrifice strength. The pants are cheap if you're patient.
Reply Quote
Yes, silverfire, your chest and pant combine have 127 more stats point than the blackthorne set. I just wondering how much more expensive that will cost compare to the set thought. After all, we do have a budget.
Reply Quote
just look at AH, a immortal king's chest with 129 str and 249 vit 77 all resist and 778 armor is 60mil b/o.

And there is a rare pant on sell at 50mil b/o with 155 str, 245 vit 35 phy resist, 67 all resist and 2 socket.

so total is 5 socket, 494 vit, 284 str, 144 all resist.

compare to 5 socket, 509 vit, 169 str, 130 all resist on the blackthorne set.

Guess that is ok, 110mil for chest and pant. That is 100 extra stats point compare to old set.

Also that can free the helm or glove to be mempo or rare trifica glove.
Edited by kluno#1661 on 6/28/2013 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mempo and rare gloves are both good options. You also won't regret if you complete the 3 piece IK set bonus, though, so consider it if you really feel like you need higher defenses. For this challenge you will have to look beyond all resist and vitality as stats for EHP. We liked bt chest for the ranged reduction, ik helm and gloves for melee. 3 piece increases the melee further and would be a nice plus.

My experience with the ubers, however, is that EHP is actually not that important after a certain point (which is in the 850k territory on d3progress). If you get yourself into a situation that kills you, most times it'd have killed you no matter what.

The key is not dropping wrath of the berserker above everything else, and for that a mempo's additional attack speed can be helpful, but the raw damage output will likely be lower than IK. I wanted to get past 1.5 APS unbuffed on the contest set, but it was simply too cost prohibitive at the time. With the current prices, it might be possible.

I've always found the fights to actually be much easier with overpower killing spree than war cry just because of the additional fury.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 6/28/2013 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you suggest we get 1.5 APS, which slot can we get it on?
Reply Quote
To get to 1.5 APS we need 5 pieces with 8-9 IAS right? I'm not exactly sure, but by my count, the original set and the IK armor and rare pants give us 5 pieces with 8 or 9 IAS:
WH, gloves (IK or rare), Lacuni, Ammy and Ring.

If we really need more IAS, i suppose we can get a mempo, but we will really miss the crit chance and the melee reduction.
Edited by LEit#1123 on 6/28/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70Mil: http://i.imgur.com/r5hZHDs.jpg
I don't think it was a bad buy and is probably repeatable, maybe even for less.
Reply Quote
Also, has anyone considered Andys helm for the IAS and crit chance? One problem is we have the choice between the socket and All res, but they are super cheap. In addition, I don't think the increased fire dmg would be a problem at all in ubers.
Reply Quote
Hello guys!

Andys helm, innas pants and WH belt - are all glassy items. Best imho is to stay with WH belt as it gives cd (most hotas are crits). LS skorn + wh is a godly combo.

As for helm i prefer Ik with AR - overall best bang per buck. Andys will result in death under kulles fireball while gripped by sb. Mempo will give nice ar+ias, but we can get ar on IK helm for cheaper then crit on mempo (lol). And Wh is a slot of ias.

As for chest + pants, i like klunos research, and am leaning towards IK chest+rare pants, as that combo has more strength and allows for rare trifecta gloves (more crit damage).

1.5 BP - I dont think we need it. I have experience keeping wotb on sb/kulle and refilling wotb timer after sb grips with 1.42 bp. Death done it with even lower ias. Besides, where can we get another ias slot? Mempo?

Now, question:

Do we need -hota soj? Or barb 6/15/30 one will do fine?

P.S. @Team sharks, Anwin and Llama are cool guys and will be glad to help you in keyfarming, exp runs, uber practice, and will share their experience with you. I will also be glad to help, if you have any concerns about the challenge and see me online - pm me.
Reply Quote
remeber to keep both hands on your weapon at all times
Reply Quote
If we can get a -hota soj, go for it, if not 6/15/30 will be ok.
Reply Quote
Aleas, check my profile for the Immortal king's glove, what do you think about it. It is 5mil B/O.
Reply Quote
I thought we wanted to shoot for rare trifecta for the crit dmg? If not, those are some nice IK gloves.
Reply Quote
Don't stress over 1.5 aps, really the only decent way of doing it is inna's (I dislike non-cc mempo for hota builds) but it's a bad idea on this budget esp since you guys want to be tanky.

And forget about andy's, it's awful. All the effort you're spending in trying to squeeze vitality from chest and pants will be thrown in the trash with that helm.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 6/29/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@kluno
nice phys res gloves, we might use them as defensive backup. Though now im aiming at rare trifectas, they can be +10k dps to IK gloves, and sometimes ar/pr/armor come cheap on them.

@silverfire
agreed, we are not using innas/mempo.
Reply Quote
Yooo Ale, I see you're back.
Will hit you up in a few hours once I'm back online. Hope you're still there. Probably gonna be too late for you though. :(
Reply Quote
Yooo Llama, my vacation ended, i need to go to work tomorrow. Ill try to be online for a bit, but not till late.
Reply Quote
Set is complete, kluno running it atm.

@Team Sharks
Please post your playing time (PST or PDT) Who wanna test the set - ask here or in game. And continue with your homework ;)
Reply Quote
I play around 17:30 PST. I'd like to test the set out, but I probably won't get a lot of playtime toward the end of the week though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]