Diablo® III

Team Sharks - the distribution

Take it easy. Grab a Kit Kat or something. *hands out a Kit Kat bar* :P

You guys have, what? A 40-odd seconds advantage? Unless all remaining Sharks capitulate, there's no way to bridge that time gap anyway. :)
Reply Quote
wooo! I did it.

I did one run, then decided to try it with a faster build, which I was having a lot better pace but then kept dying on Kulle/SB...so I had to switch back to the build that worked.

...my first success I started the first ubers with my follower (forgot she was tagging along....) and dismissed her in the beginning of the fight...so I hope that doesn't disqualify the run D:

my second success I believe went faster than the first.

I'm uploading the videos now

Edit 1: Run 1 http://youtu.be/WqtJ_1HmdWs

Edit 2: Run 2 http://youtu.be/5srPbw0GQOY
Edited by Vyktoria#1861 on 7/9/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
added links to runs in the above post.
Reply Quote
Well done Vyktoria :)

I'll check out the videos when I get home today. Congratulations though and thank you so much for participating. It's been great having you along for the ride. Enjoyed yourself?
Reply Quote
Team,
I''ll be online after 8am ET today to receive the gear and start rockin' ;p
Reply Quote
@Llama
Rugged faze i borrowed from you made huge difference in my survivability. In vota i took at once 2 packs of elites, one being rd viscious magewraths, the other blazing gurdians. And on general farm runs I never died. Great ring indeed.
Reply Quote
@LEit
I'm done with my runs so I can hand it over earlier if you want :)
Reply Quote
I can get on in 3 hours. Will you be around?
Reply Quote
Anyone have machines to spare?
Reply Quote
I have 20+, if you want some.
Reply Quote
people not giving enough love to skorn team, they all in the dw post, here is what I post in response to Omega. Need to bump our post up.

Great post Omega.

Guess I will share some of my thoughts.

First, I am a DW user, so I am just completely opposite of Omega, he is a skorn user. So going from DW to skorn, it is a big change for me.

First, it is how hard it is to keep Warp up, with DW, just hold down hota and WoTB will be up all the time even if I run out of fury and need to do normal attack. But with skorn, that is different story, you have to switch to bash to gain fury and then use hota to dump and gain fury at the same time. Also need to use like battle rage to dump fury when fury is full.

2nd is the skill choice, I love superstition, unlike Omega, superstition is almost a must for me since I am having trouble with fury and also the skorn set has 844 physical resist and 15% melee damage reduction, elemental damage from mage is where it will kill me while tanking seige breaker. I try TaN and it just did not provide enough protection for me. The added bonus of superstition give me more fury which is great. I know I am not as great skill as others, that is why I need the defense skill. I know it can be done with berserker rage, i am just not skill enough for that using the skorn set. Oh, another thing about TaN is the skorn set only has 5614 armor and DW set has 6321 armor, so DW set benefit a lot more from TaN than skorn set. I think DW has more armor is because DW set has 485 more str than the skorn set.

3rd, rend is godly skill for skorn user, it provide tons of life regeneration. It is great for DW, but it is godly for skorn. That is one thing I learn that I have to keep rend up on the ubers. I think on my run, I am actually over doing rend, but that is because without rend and if I get pick up by seige breaker, I will be dead.

So in summary, for skorn compare to dw, fury management is a lot harder, but life regeneration is a lot easier, and superstition is greater than TaN because it give a lot more benefit not just the defense.

In the end, after the competition, I think I will stick with DW since that is much better in farming because keeping wotb mean more speed.

ok, hope this help with the comparision between how people from dw feel and how people from skorn feel.
Reply Quote
@LEit
I'm sorry I was away. I'll be online after 8pm SGT / 8am ET today or we will stick to our original plan to pass the stuff to you at noon ET. I have few machines left and will be happy to help.
Edited by L1k3aB0SS#1881 on 7/11/2013 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hey Kluno great post :) we'll have to do some uberss or something when this whole thing is over. In our actual gear of course :D
Reply Quote
@L1k3aB0SS
Looks like you got your runs disqualified. Already 41 minutes past the deadline. @_@
Reply Quote
Oh crap... lost touch with time. Was fetching my dad from the airport. He decided not to take a cab and ask me to give him a ride after work.

Anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ETcZ1TAZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnBSGLAAwA
Edited by L1k3aB0SS#1881 on 7/12/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
that is the 1st thing I did the moment I reached home :(
I'm sad... work really hard for this. I'm gonna go shower now

@LEit catch up with u in a while
Reply Quote
Oh crap... lost touch with time. Was fetching my dad from the airport. He decided not to take a cab and ask me to give him a ride after work.

Anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ETcZ1TAZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnBSGLAAwA

Nice time you get there, looks like average is 8:00. You are doing great, lets hope Morp will let your time count since the airport thing. If not, we still got Leit and aleas.
Reply Quote
The rules are outlined by Morpheus, and it is up to him to deside if there was a violation and if a penalty is due.

IMHO Likeaboss' dad's wish can be considered a "force Majeure" under these circumstances.
Parents are sacred.

He acted in good faith, didnt expect this situation and did all he could to minimize the consequences. Posted the runs as soon as he could.

Up to Morpheus.
Reply Quote
@kluno, credit due to your good advice!

I started off with a more defensive skills with War Cry and Superstition to get familiar with the ubers. After I got more comfortable, I changed back to the Overpower:KS and kept Superstition. I do notice I had to dump fury a lot in order to maintain WoTB. I think we may even not need the -3 fury for Hota SOJ since we still need to dump fury.

It was a worthwhile journey, I started as a plvl11 barb and really went all out to prepare for this challenge. I lvl up to plvl56 now :) and also along the way gathered 30+ machines to do the runs.

I never solo'ed mp10 ubers before. Before this, I had a couple runs in mp8 uber group play up on a different class, that's all. This is new to me.

I still have a preference towards DW. While skorn rends have crazy numbers, the main mechanic of the build is perma WoTB. DW gives me less presure hahaha. Whenever, I saw my WoTB gonna run out while doing the uber run in particular SB and Kulle, I get adrenaline rush... I hope I won't get heart attack anytime soon.
Edited by L1k3aB0SS#1881 on 7/12/2013 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice work dude. I got the set from Aleas today and i'm ready to start packing some heat. I'll be ready in about 3.5 hours, but you probably won't be around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]