Diablo® III

DPS vs AR

Hi:-)

On a ring,everything else being equal, which would be better for a relatively low dps WD who is trying to do MP7?

+5000 dps or +65 ar?

With the ar rind my dps is 164K and about 700 ar
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/23/2013 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ring aside, looking at your Character, if you changed your skill set you could be doing mp-8/9 easily and probably even MP10 without changing gear much at all. Just need a little Pick up radius. Then switch to a Cloud of Bats Build.

Here's the build I'm using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChaosLeech-1406/hero/20528919
Reply Quote
If I'm in your shoes, I'd choose DPS over 65 AR. If you can afford it, try LS on a 1H or 2H weapon. It makes a lot of difference. And if you do go with LS, you might as well try a Bat-variant build, which leverages on our high damage skills. You will then be able to breeze through MP7, and with some tweaking, you can also clear MP10.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys :-)

I know my build is a lil stooopid but I have fun with Acid cloud cuz it reminds me of my chain lihgtning Javazon (rounding up a large group and mowing them down like cows :-) , but will have to try the bats

Can't afford either LOH or LS without losing a lot of dps and mana regen.

I bought my current knife for 18 Mil about 3 months ago. After the gold dupe and to this day to find a better knife than mine, if your lucky, 550 Mil. OO
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/23/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 11:13 AMPosted by hawkeye
I bought my current knife for 18 Mil about 3 months ago. After the gold dupe and to this day to find a better knife than mine, if your lucky, 550 Mil.

Try an LS Skorn, just to experience Cloud of Bats with lifesteal. Try <1300 DPS at about <20mil gold. For the time being, ignore all the other factors, and just consider the difference between lifesteal and your current life-on-hit.

Acid cloud is fun, especially for speed farming low MPs, I was a proc doctor months ago, but Acid cloud won't get you clearing MP10 efficiently. Along the way, we just need to switch to lifesteal, and the exp at MP10 significant in this recent patch.
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 10:59 AMPosted by ChaosLeech
Ring aside, looking at your Character, if you changed your skill set you could be doing mp-8/9 easily and probably even MP10 without changing gear much at all. Just need a little Pick up radius. Then switch to a Cloud of Bats Build.

Not unless he has a LS weapon.

On a ring,everything else being equal, which would be better for a relatively low dps WD who is trying to do MP7?+5000 dps or +65 ar?With the ar rind my dps is 164K and about 700 ar

Neither, get an LS weapon for higher MP
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 11:19 AMPosted by PaulNg
I bought my current knife for 18 Mil about 3 months ago. After the gold dupe and to this day to find a better knife than mine, if your lucky, 550 Mil.

Try an LS Skorn, just to experience Cloud of Bats with lifesteal. Try <1300 DPS at about <20mil gold. For the time being, ignore all the other factors, and just consider the difference between lifesteal and your current life-on-hit.

Acid cloud is fun, especially for speed farming low MPs, I was a proc doctor months ago, but Acid cloud won't get you clearing MP10 efficiently. Along the way, we just need to switch to lifesteal, and the exp at MP10 significant in this recent patch.

Maybe Ill try that but atm have 6 MIL :-( Just bought some stuff) but I have a low dps high CD double socket Manticore on the AH that I am hoping to get a good price for. I think peeps over there are nutz about sockets. The 2nd socket adds like 100 mil to the asking price for some.
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 11:13 AMPosted by hawkeye
I know my build is a lil stooopid but I have fun with Acid cloud cuz it reminds me of my chain lihgtning Javazon (rounding up a large group and mowing them down like cows :-) , but will have to try the bats

If you enjoy rounding up enemies and "mowing them down like cows" then you will LOVE bats.
that is basically what bats exells at.
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Viss

If you enjoy rounding up enemies and "mowing them down like cows" then you will LOVE bats.
that is basically what bats exells at.

Oh didn't know that :-)

Thanks for the info :-)
Reply Quote
If you enjoy rounding up enemies and "mowing them down like cows" then you will LOVE bats. that is basically what bats exells at.

It's akin to say, a wood chipper, anything close to you just gets shredded. I play around with a few different builds, and CoB is the most efficient (at least in act 1).
Edited by Valsuvius#1325 on 6/23/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
CoB is like a bad version of 1.09 Nova-sorc. Which is still quite good.

As far as OP's question: ring is a damage slot, and market prices suggest that most players will take the damage. There's a pretty simple reason for that: you can get all res in a lot of slots, but things like crit chance. crit damage and average damage can't be added to most slots.

That does present some opportunities for short-term advantage while you build your character. You may get more bang for your buck now by taking the resists, but you'll end up wanting to transition out of that to the damage later.
Reply Quote
You might want some PUR somewhere too. You have a couple affixes with extra health, but if you can't pick them up they are wasted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]