Diablo® III

made a stupid mistake :(

Long story short, I accidentally deleted my DH. I was playing a HC DH and died, so I decided to delete her. I guess I was tired and didn't pay attention, it was late night gaming, and deleted my main SC DH instead :(. I probably have 5 bills in her and now gone, needless to say I'm devastated but I'm not asking for handout here. Just want to share my grief.

Anyway I've created another DH and leveled her to 60 but she's rather weak. I have the Danetta set lying around so decided to have fun with it. What do you think? How should I improve her?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ravencaw-1670/hero/34345087
Reply Quote
www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ravencaw-1670/Eeri/945598

298K DPS without paragon level and using a SOJ...

R.I.P Eeri.
Reply Quote
you could be able to restore your most recent deleted hero with the green arrow at the character creation screen.

if you deleted another character you might get the char back if you write a petition to blizzard. maybe they'll help you.
Reply Quote
Your first order of business is to replace both of your rings. If your going to stick with DW, you need average damage on your rings and amulet. Since us dual wielders don't benefit from a DML, I prefer crit chance, average damage, and attack speed on my rings (of course, if you can afford quadfecta rings, get those). For the amulet slot, I prefer high cd, cc, and average damage.

Best of luck to you.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 6/23/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you could be able to restore your most recent deleted hero with the green arrow at the character creation screen.

if you deleted another character you might get the char back if you write a petition to blizzard. maybe they'll help you.

The green arrow restores another character, not the one I want. I'll send them an email see if that does anything. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Your first order of business is to replace both of your rings. If your going to stick with DW, you need average damage on your rings and amulet. Since us dual wielders don't benefit from a DML, I prefer crit chance, average damage, and attack speed on my rings (of course, if you can afford quadfecta rings, get those). For the amulet slot, I prefer high cd, cc, and average damage.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep an eye on those rings and amulets. What kind of gems do you recommend for the sockets in my weapons? Should I switch to ruby?
Reply Quote

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep an eye on those rings and amulets. What kind of gems do you recommend for the sockets in my weapons? Should I switch to ruby?

Excellent question, dual wielders benefit the most from two emeralds as each attack benefits from both gems (i.e., both emeralds are in play 100% of the time, whereas with rubies, the gem in the non-firing weapon is out of play).
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 6/23/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well on one hand at least you didn't delete someone else's character or they deleted yours. I think the idea of the blame being on someone else for a deleted character would be worse.

I wish you good luck on recovering from that setback though. I know I would be devastated and probably never play again.
Reply Quote
I will preach water and drink wine here, but I try to chear you up.

First try to contact Blizzard, they might help you on that one. I know from WoW that they help out with accidently deleted/sold gear (at least they did at the time I played which was 4 years ago). So I do think you have a chance here. What will happen though most probably is that all your items will become account bound, because people exploited this recovery method before (that's how the known dupes originate).

If this does not yield a positive result, try to think of it as an opportunity. Starting from scratch with a new toon is very exciting in the sense that it is easy to get upgrades first. You will see progress quickly on a new toon and the item hunt is much more meaningful during the first steps ... just try to think about it that way if it helps :-)
Reply Quote
Damn that sucks. :(

But, as what's done is done, you may as well just go all the way and remake your DH in hardcore. You could really get to like it once you get going.

Imho, DH are actually GOOD in hardcore. Range is a serious advantage, and your teammates will appreciate the speed at which you can blow away elites and poison trees while they're too tanked up defending against D/C to do that much damage themselves. :p

I have some old gear I used to level my HC DH, you're welcome to have it if you want to give it another shot.
Reply Quote
i am so sorry about your lost :(
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:29 PMPosted by RedCell
Excellent question, dual wielders benefit the most from two emeralds as each attack benefits from both gems (i.e., both emeralds are in play 100% of the time, whereas with rubies, the gem in the non-firing weapon is out of play).

Woha I've read about greens being better while dual wielding but never got the connection why. Thanks for the clarification.
Reply Quote

Imho, DH are actually GOOD in hardcore.

...and shortly after posting that, I go and freaking DIE. Lol... to a stupid mistake, no less. :p
Reply Quote

I actually thought about that too, if you have no CC, doesn't it mean all your CD is wasted no matter how high it is?

MY HC DH is DW with red gems because her CC is so low that she basically never crits.
Reply Quote

I actually thought about that too, if you have no CC, doesn't it mean all your CD is wasted no matter how high it is?

MY HC DH is DW with red gems because her CC is so low that she basically never crits.

Yeah, when leveling a DH, rubies are usually the best option all around due to the low level of the gear and hence the low cc.
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard will not restore HC heroes under any circumstance; however, SC heroes should be retrievable as if you were hacked. Just, all your items will now be account bound.
Reply Quote

Ahhh I didn't know that, thanks again. I check out your toon, nice build. What MP can you play with that setup?
Reply Quote
Well on one hand at least you didn't delete someone else's character or they deleted yours. I think the idea of the blame being on someone else for a deleted character would be worse.

I wish you good luck on recovering from that setback though. I know I would be devastated and probably never play again.

Yeah I actually thought about quiting...for about 10seconds. I don't think I can quit this game. ;) I started playing right from release and kept at it even when it sucked in the early days.
Reply Quote
I will preach water and drink wine here, but I try to chear you up.

First try to contact Blizzard, they might help you on that one. I know from WoW that they help out with accidently deleted/sold gear (at least they did at the time I played which was 4 years ago). So I do think you have a chance here. What will happen though most probably is that all your items will become account bound, because people exploited this recovery method before (that's how the known dupes originate).

If this does not yield a positive result, try to think of it as an opportunity. Starting from scratch with a new toon is very exciting in the sense that it is easy to get upgrades first. You will see progress quickly on a new toon and the item hunt is much more meaningful during the first steps ... just try to think about it that way if it helps :-)

According to their FAQ, they will not under any circumstances restore character. :(

And you're right, I have fun leveling this new toon. I chose DW and she looks really cool with 2 weapons rapid firing at demons. :)
Reply Quote
Damn that sucks. :(

But, as what's done is done, you may as well just go all the way and remake your DH in hardcore. You could really get to like it once you get going.

Imho, DH are actually GOOD in hardcore. Range is a serious advantage, and your teammates will appreciate the speed at which you can blow away elites and poison trees while they're too tanked up defending against D/C to do that much damage themselves. :p

I have some old gear I used to level my HC DH, you're welcome to have it if you want to give it another shot.

I think I'll give HC a rest. Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm enjoying my DW DH even though she's not as powerful as my old DH with manticore and DML. It's a lot of fun playing her so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]