Diablo® III

Disin’F’Blast aka DFB - A CM variant

Disin’F’Blast aka DFB - A CM variant by Gendehar. (Have not seen it’s like anywhere)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQOSYh!gYW!ZaZcYc

Build:
1-Disintigrate:Chaos Nexus (Primary fuel for the CM engine)
2-Teleport:SP or Familiar:Sparkflint or Diamond Skin:Any Rune or Blizzard:Any Rune
3-Force Armor:Pinpoint Barrier
4-Magic Weapon:Blood Magic or Magic Weapon:Force Weapon
5-Frost Nova:Deep Freeze (who doesn't like more crit?)
6-Explosive Blast:Chain Reaction
Passives:
Cold Blooded
Critical Mass
Glass Cannon (up for debate on a per wizard basis)

General Playstyle and Disclaimer
This build works a lot like CM/WW insofar that it resets your cool downs quite fast now that mob density is amazing. It is also VERY Arcane intensive and I have found that you need 3 sources of APoC.
The premise is when you see a group of mobs pre-charge your EB:CR then wander on in and start off with a quick nova then start Disintegrate while continually casting EB as it doesn’t interrupt the channeling of your CM fuel-Disintegrate. When FN wears off reapply as needed. I don’t like to perma-freeze as I like the mobs to keep coming into the EB radius. At times I have been able to stand in 3 pools of Desecrate while channeling. Also I would like to add that I have taken the build up to 2.2 APS and it was functioning quite well but on some long fights I ran into arcane issues. While it is not the most efficient build out there I am having a heck of a lot of fun playing it and it is amazing to watch on screen. As a side note I rarely play solo so I guess I would say this is a very party friendly build.
I did a little video to showcase the game play and a friend joined in partway through…( I always forget about the quick join). Unfortunately I do not have a great computer that can handle video capturing as well as me playing but I did my best and will try to make more videos as time permits.
If there are any questions I will try to answer them as best I can although I have always been more of a lurker/reader than an active poster.
Please have fun and feel free to try it out for yourself! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ieGTX5d7U&feature=youtu.be

ME:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQOSYh!gYW!ZaZcYc
APS-1.51
DPS-238k (unbuffed but with GC) 275k (buffed with FA:PB & MW:BM)
Elite Damage-10%
APoC-28 (yes you need 3 sources of APoC in my experience.)
CC-54.5% (69.5% with FN:DF)
CHD-429%
Armor-4087 (5677 buffed with FA)
AR-810 (due to GC)
LS-4.5%
LoH-930(not sure it is needed but just happened due to my available gear)
Life-53k

Credits:
I would like to give some of the credit to Malakai as he helped me out a lot in the infancy of this build and made a lot of suggestions as I worked things out.
Reply Quote
good job.
Reply Quote
Question, since this seems to be a close-range build, why not Entropy over Chaos Nexus? Is it purely to try and get more CM procs off the Nexus rays?
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Covenant
Question, since this seems to be a close-range build, why not Entropy over Chaos Nexus? Is it purely to try and get more CM procs off the Nexus rays?

It helps to get more procs as well as it hits everything around you instead of whats in front of you.
Reply Quote
Yea, this build worked out great when Gendehar and I were duo'ing in VoA and Oasis the other day. Everything was just melting, and the FN uptime was decent enough on elite packs to take some of the pressure off and keep things running smoothly. It's not going to compare to an SNS Wizard of course, but it's a great alternative if you're bored with SNS and want to use Disintegrate in a group while still providing some group utility.

Definitely has a lot of potential, and something we'll probably keep working on if our interest holds.
Reply Quote
Nice work Gendehar. I have to get another look at this build in game with you soon

Badass freeze and nexus at 1:16
Edited by TH0R#1195 on 6/24/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks TH0R. It has been a work in progress that's for sure. Not really a whole lot of ingenuity but there are a few gear changes I would definitely like to test out when I get the chance and cash flow permits.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/24/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Gendehar
Thanks TH0R. It has been a work in progress that's for sure. Not really a whole lot of ingenuity but there are a few gear changes I would definitely like to test out when I get the chance and cash flow permits.

I ran a disintegrate build very similar to that - lotta fun! I actually called my D3up profile "Explosive Disintegrate" ;)

Have you used a SG or SOJ with - disintegrate on it, it can help a ton with arcane issues.

I've run tons of disintegrate builds and I think this one was the strongest version:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bRXmfS!WgT!cZccYc
Large mobs are pretty funny with that setup, but it can suffer a bit vs a single elite (although with living lightning it's really not an issue, as a quick shot will refill your globe.)

This version deals with solos better and allows to cast an AD charged archon almost at will with the 1.08 mob density:
Vs large mobs its not as strong since you lose explosive blast, but generally vs a large mob, AD chaos nexus obliterates it anyway.

The armor skill is obviously flexible. That one gives you a pretty common freeze that doesn't break your channel, but reactive armor or pinpoint barrier both work great too depending on your needs.
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 6/24/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/23/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Covenant

I'm not sure the 30% damage from the cone can compete with all the 44% beams nexus shoots out. I tried them all and couldn't find a rune that could really hold a candle to chaos.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 03:22 PMPosted by GunnersDream

I ran a disintegrate build very similar to that - lotta fun! I actually called my D3up profile "Explosive Disintegrate" ;)

Have you used a SG or SOJ with - disintegrate on it, it can help a ton with arcane issues.

I've run tons of disintegrate builds and I think this one was the strongest version:
Large mobs are pretty funny with that setup, but it can suffer a bit vs a single elite (although with living lightning it's really not an issue, as a quick shot will refill your globe.)

This version deals with solos better and allows to cast an AD charged archon almost at will with the 1.08 mob density:
Vs large mobs its not as strong since you lose explosive blast, but generally vs a large mob, AD chaos nexus obliterates it anyway.

The armor skill is obviously flexible. That one gives you a pretty common freeze that doesn't break your channel, but reactive armor or pinpoint barrier both work great too depending on your needs.

Those look pretty awesome! Personally I am not a fan of the mechanics of Arcane Dynamo but I will mot definitely give them a shot. With the 28 APoC I am running the build is quite smooth without using reduced cost Dis gears. I am working on a variant that uses Exploslive Blast SG. Helm and maybe a Mara's. I can get my EB crit chance up to 95% unbuffed with those gears which has amazing returns on APoC.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/24/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Gendehar

Those look pretty awesome! Personally I am not a fan of the mechanics of Arcane Dynamo but I will mot definitely give them a shot. With the 28 APoC I am running the build is quite smooth without using reduced cost Dis gears. I am working on a variant that uses Exploslive Blast SG. Helm and maybe a Mara's. I can get my EB crit chance up to 95% unbuffed with those gears which has amazing returns on APoC.

I didn't like AD at first either, but I stuck with it and now I really relish the fact that arcane is not a problem. I only run one APOC item, so can maximize dps.
Here's a link to the items I'm using:
http://d3up.com/b/729859/explosive-disintegrate#skills
I'm considering dropping the SG as I dunno if it's necessary with LL.

I will still admit, though that my absolute favorite disintegrate build didn't use AD (blizzard), but the dps of any non-AD build was just too low (I calculated all the buffs from EB/DS, etc and compared and they just couldn't hold up in mp10.)
I have a blizzard/frost nova/time warp variant that works great in parties though where my lowered dps can be made up by others with the party buffs. Without LL though I needed to run two pieces of APOC so I lost my mempo.
Reply Quote
Maybe we should do a few runs together sometime and we can chat about gears and theories. Malakai is great to bounce ideas off of as well :)
Reply Quote
View profile
06/24/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Gendehar
Maybe we should do a few runs together sometime and we can chat about gears and theories. Malakai is great to bounce ideas off of as well :)

Sure! Sounds fun. Wow - nice amulet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]