Diablo® III

Tal Rasha's Setup

Anyone a big fan of the inna's + tal's chest for cookie build? I was messing around with it today comparing it with my 9/4.5 mempo and double vit expanse. Honestly i like my current setup more and it is 1/10th the cost to boot.

over all stat difference radiance vs mempo

-10k life
+80 all res
-3k dmg
+1.5% cc

Anyone have an similar feelings on this?
Reply Quote
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am; I found a small dedicated Tal group on reddit as I was starting my monk.
Reply Quote
yea jen,

i realize i lose alot of total ehp with the setup, but the 80 more all res and 1.5 more cc seem to really make a difference

this current setup seems to similar run times/possibly even shave a minute or 2 off of a 30 min run from not having to kite as much
Reply Quote
I'm a huge fan of tal chest and inna helm! Monk looks way cooler with tal armor and inna helm on imo. not the reason as to why i chose them. Radiance has so much diversity with stat options to stylize play. But, mempos pretty awesome too.. i'd just rather have the spirit and the cost is lower. got this chest for 45m!
Reply Quote
I'm a fan of Tals as you can see in my setup. I opted for no Dex and went AR/high Vit.

The more IAS the better...can't go wrong with that reasoning.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
IAS FTW
Reply Quote
does IAS really do that many wonders for you with the cookie build? I've seen many people talking about it but i'm always hesitant to take a dps loss just to stack IAS...
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 03:45 PMPosted by ChaoticF
does IAS really do that many wonders for you with the cookie build? I've seen many people talking about it but i'm always hesitant to take a dps loss just to stack IAS...

Neglegable. Don't trade DPS for IAS add IAS to increase DPS.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote

Neglegable. Don't trade DPS for IAS add IAS to increase DPS.

Cheers,
CC-

aight, that's what i was thinking ...

I have a pair of lacuni's that are decent but they just can't compete with crafted bracers that are 250 dex and 5+ CC

I realize you need the ias for Loh, my gloves are another good example ... it would take an essentially perfect ias/cc roll or trifecta to upgrade those, and i can't see trading dps for ias when i'm already past the point of generating enough spirit to sufficiently power all my abilities + spam overawe

P.S.: Carl did i get jipped on this chest, i snagged it for 60m in the 1d11h slot on impulse and thought WTH and gave it a shot ... i haven't priced these much and was just curious
Edited by ChaoticF#1947 on 6/23/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a fan of Tals as you can see in my setup. I opted for no Dex and went AR/high Vit.

Cheers,
CC-

Nice tal's. I went for AR, vit and a huge armour roll instead of dex,
Reply Quote
I use rad-tal set up. Mostly cause i don't have the money for a mempo, but either way it's still nice.

You don't have to lose so much hp, you can gain hp with this setup.

I've realized that mempo usually only gives most players (for the reasonable prices like 3-4.5 cc) only like 3-7k dps which is only really worth it if you already have 200k+ damage. Other wise like at my level there are way better alternatives for damage.
Reply Quote
Not many people seem to want to get on the tal + inna's favour boat with me.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 6/23/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Cayzer

that is a very interesting setup cayzer

is that your buffed or unbuffed dps?

how does it compare with a high grade witching hour?
Reply Quote
tal rasha's is a perfectly fine setup for mid-level funds. It can't compare in EHP boost to a well rolled mempo and inna's chest.
Reply Quote
P.S.: Carl did i get jipped on this chest, i snagged it for 60m in the 1d11h slot on impulse and thought WTH and gave it a shot ... i haven't priced these much and was just curious

I think the price you paid was pretty good considering the inflation due to the gold dupe. You got high dex, 60+ AR and 9IAS...looks good to me

Cheers,
CC-

Nice tal's. I went for AR, vit and a huge armour roll instead of dex,

Thanks. I knew I was going to go Tals because it was the only chest piece with IAS. When I got the Tals chest back in the day many CM wizzys were using High Vit/AR so I had to bide my time and find one with a really low INT roll to make sure I got a good deal on the chest.

When you break the 350K+ DPS barrier and roll pick up a Dex/Vit Roll I believe it out DPS's a WH due to the 8% Holy Damage +130 Dex Set Bonus since you are using a Mempo, let alone if you had 400k DPS!

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 6/23/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Cayzer

Count me in. A lot of guys are surprised when I drop them a Tal's chest when building their set. ("Hey - you screwed up! That chest has NO DEX zomg!!") Truth is, it is practically impossible to beat the Tal's chest in terms of DPS/EHP ratio for the cost, until you get into the really high-end Inna's chest - the ones that have no resists, which means that has to be made up elsewhere....but the user usually comes out ahead cuz of the huge vit bonus in that case.

In any case - I've found that 8 IAS is, very roughly speaking, equivalent to about 150 dex's worth of DPS. I've routinely nabbed tal's chests with 250-260 vit and 35+ secondary resist, for 10ish mil - I even won one on bid once, for just over a mil! The res is supplemented by the int - 130 is 13 AR. Try to find me a chest that has 400+ armor, 250+ vit, 45+ resists, 3 sockets with 150 dex. Just TRY to find one, period. =) And if you do, look at the price.

And then, do the smart thing and go buy a Tal's. =)

EDIT : Had missed the part about inna's favor. My post above was referencing the benefits of the tal's chest, but I usually combine mine with a WH, and go for Inna's pants/helm.
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 6/23/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Unbuffed dps.

With Tal's + Inna's I get about 10k more dps than with a 171 dex inna chest and a 77 dex, 9 as, 48CD WH.

Tal's and favour is the way - i want to start a movement! ha.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 6/23/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Cayzer

Unbuffed dps.

With Tal's + Inna's I get about 10k more dps than with a 171 dex inna chest and a 77 dex, 9 as, 48CD WH.

Tal's and favour is the way - i want to start a movement! ha.

lol i might has to give this a shot :)
Reply Quote
+1 for Tal Chest
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Flattylol
tal rasha's is a perfectly fine setup for mid-level funds. It can't compare in EHP boost to a well rolled mempo and inna's chest.

Except I did check the Mempo I originally had, and it really wasn't so much more EHP unless you mean vitality/%life fluff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]