Diablo® III

Tal Rasha's Setup

06/23/2013 07:12 PMPosted by jenpeezey
Except I did check the Mempo I originally had, and it really wasn't so much more EHP unless you mean vitality/%life fluff.

^^my 9/4.5 mempo is worth about 1b and my inna's chest is worth about 250m

the tal's setup i have was 60m for the chest and 5m for the helm, yes 5m ...

i'll take that anyday

btw: that's a very nice setup you have jen, have you considered swapping that lifesteal wkl with a cd one for more dps? love the SW helm as well!
Reply Quote
btw: that's a very nice setup you have jen, have you considered swapping that lifesteal wkl with a cd one for more dps? love the SW helm as well!

Thanks, but no, I haven't thought about it yet because I like having my double lifesteal crutch. :D It allows me to stand longer in nasty stuff.
Reply Quote
In any case - I've found that 8 IAS is, very roughly speaking, equivalent to about 150 dex's worth of DPS. I've routinely nabbed tal's chests with 250-260 vit and 35+ secondary resist, for 10ish mil - I even won one on bid once, for just over a mil! The res is supplemented by the int - 130 is 13 AR. Try to find me a chest that has 400+ armor, 250+ vit, 45+ resists, 3 sockets with 150 dex. Just TRY to find one, period. =) And if you do, look at the price.
Yay, I thought I was smart with the way I went but not many people did what I did. I mean on d3up whenever I wanted to upgrade things I would have to lose ehp and then I found my tals and I didn't lose any dps but went up like 15k ehp. I got my tals for 11m. on buyout could've got a similar one for 9m. but it didn't have as high of rolls. The trouble with trying to get all res is the fact that wizards want that a lot more than monks.
Reply Quote
If a monk can afford a nicely rolled CC Memp + Inna’s Vast combo, it’s always better than Inna’s Radi + Tal’s Relentless. So, if you are loaded with gold, go for mempo+inna’s chest. It’s the highest end set up.

Radi+Tals Chest is a great alternative combo for the guys who can’t afford the cc mempo + inna’s chest for the moment.

And high aps not only gives you dps, but the mobility it comes with is extremely valuable for all monks.

If I can achieve the same dps with 9% more IAS, I would always take that over the 9% less IAS set up. That’s just me.
Reply Quote
Definitely there with you. dps is a bit low but hey, it's a goal. Love IAS on a monk. They SHOULD attack fast.
Reply Quote
Tal's and Inna's all the way for me. Didn't want to give up on my Witching Hour although I have a decent Favor, I think I would miss the 49 crit dmg way too much.
Reply Quote
I am using a tal chest on my second monk but instead of trading the mempo for an inna's helm I traded a witching hour for a inna's belt. I like the elemental damage and high armor plus they're not very popular so you can get nice ones at a good price. I got three pretty nice ones to play around with -- one with a near perfect vit roll, one with 12% life, and one with a nearly perfect AR roll. So far the one with AR is working out the best.

I haven't really compared to see if this is better than the tal chest + inna helm combo but it's definitely working for me so far.
Reply Quote
I am using a tal chest on my second monk but instead of trading the mempo for an inna's helm I traded a witching hour for a inna's belt. I like the elemental damage and high armor plus they're not very popular so you can get nice ones at a good price. I got three pretty nice ones to play around with -- one with a near perfect vit roll, one with 12% life, and one with a nearly perfect AR roll. So far the one with AR is working out the best.

I haven't really compared to see if this is better than the tal chest + inna helm combo but it's definitely working for me so far.

Hey, your 1st/2nd monk must look identical to my 1st/2nd monk. haha
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 01:31 PMPosted by KimSulki84

I guess I'm not the only one that likes the class enough to make a second monk rather than playing something else. :D
Reply Quote

Yeah, I've also explored using Inna's Belt over WH but an 8% 100 dex Innas only gives me about 2.8k more dps. I don't really want to lose the 9%IAS for that low of DPS ... especially since it will also mean losing some AR. Ultimately though, as Cayzer and the Captain have pointed out, I think thats the best way to maximize your DPS with a Tal and Mempo.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 01:36 PMPosted by esorbma

I guess I'm not the only one that likes the class enough to make a second monk rather than playing something else. :D

:D

Yep. Monk is the best.

I'll be making a HC Monk when I'm done with my 2nd monk.
Reply Quote
If a monk can afford a nicely rolled CC Memp + Inna’s Vast combo, it’s always better than Inna’s Radi + Tal’s Relentless. So, if you are loaded with gold, go for mempo+inna’s chest. It’s the highest end set up.

Radi+Tals Chest is a great alternative combo for the guys who can’t afford the cc mempo + inna’s chest for the moment.

And high aps not only gives you dps, but the mobility it comes with is extremely valuable for all monks.

If I can achieve the same dps with 9% more IAS, I would always take that over the 9% less IAS set up. That’s just me.

Try a double dex/vit inna's with 8% and a tal's chest and see what it does for your nirvana bell damage. It's a big raw damage increase for me on bells.
Reply Quote

Try a double dex/vit inna's with 8% and a tal's chest and see what it does for your nirvana bell damage. It's a big raw damage increase for me on bells.

It does more dmg for the bell, yep. It's a known combo for quickening bell monks. I have that set up on my 2nd monk at the moment. haha

Trying to keep my 1st/2nd rock different set up.. :D
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Cayzer
Tal's and favour is the way - i want to start a movement! ha.

Hey now, you arent starting any movement... a lot of the high DPS players have been using this setup, even before your post several weeks back saying how you decided to go this route.

The fact is it doesnt really out dps a WH until you get that high crit (5-6) mempo, then you can change to the favor/temperance combo and have it benefit you..
Reply Quote
Cool man - I wasn't claiming to have discovered it, was just sharing and hoping to get more people realising that Inna's favor is actually a viable end game belt when paired with mempo + tal's and temperance.

I believe I transitioned to this around the same time as Tokio, I remember reading a post - perhaps on diablo fans where he was doing this and it was around the same time that I bought my new mempo and tal's and decided to try my TR favour on and saw big green numbers. Seeing as people like tokio don't really post on this board much why not let people know this is a viable set up?
Reply Quote
Haha tokio is the one who told me about it in game.

Hes the one who taught me everything long long time ago. We pvped and pvmed a lot before when we were very active. My current 9/6 mempo is his old one. Haha

BUt yeah, he started this cc mempo / tal chest / inna belt / inna temp trend when he found out that cookie bell build is actually the best boss dps build for monks.

But thanks cayzer for sharing the info.
Reply Quote
So I just saw this thread and went and bought a tal's chest haha. Got it for 29mil, good deal? Seems to be a vast price difference between 8 and 9 IAS ones. Gave me 5.5k dps so I'm happy. Also brought me closer to dropping OWE, 550 AR is enough right?
Reply Quote
I went the way of the Tal chest when I won a 289vit with 50fire resist for 7mil and still keep it for lower mp levels. But then I got this IK glove and borrowed the chest from a barb friend and the combo really helps me play mp10. That armor is just insane :D

Oh and blazing red/orange/yellow mix really fires up my female monk. Now she looks like a stalking assassin of the dark :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]