Diablo® III

Advice on WD build for max DPS

Just spent over 300mil to max my WD to what I could..I'm sure there is better but here is my build, what can I improve? I finished nightmare and hell on mp 10 with ease with this build. but inferno on the other hand is harder at mp 10...so what do you guys think ? is there a weapon better than what I have or a set that I can still get? I see people with over 300k dps on a wd..they are paragon 100 mind you but I doubt all that came from only paragon, thnx for your help.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Golgo13-1739/hero/2939256
Reply Quote
you spent over 300mill?! dude i spent only 45 maybe 50mill on my wd and its right behind yours

i only work on my monk and wd atm so i cant really give you advice besides maybe making a thread about what build and gear you want before you start throwing alot of gold out the window

Gl
Reply Quote
you have less than half my hp and less than my mana...trust me it will cost you that much, well i bought all the gems, i didnt make em my self, dont have the patience haha.

But how do people have like 400k dps on WD thats insane.
Reply Quote
didnt even look, lol thought we wer just talkin dps wise so i didnt bother but yeah. you need a few bill for build like that

or just pay for it like a 12 year old noob
Reply Quote
wow we started with the insults...haha i didnt realize we have 12 year olds on this forum...I guess I was wrong..dude just gtfo of my thread if ur gonna be an A-hole.
Reply Quote
You have all of that int and you're not even using any kind of health globe items/skills + gruesome feast to gain 10% int per globe up to 50%? Don't need 5 zuni pieces because for some odd reason, (n - 1) pieces of a set is better than every piece. I'd recommend changing to a 'Thing of the Deep' off hand for gold/globe radius, good damage, crit chance, int, etc. I'd change the passives to Grave Injustive, Gruesome Feast and the third is up to you.
Reply Quote
Because Witch Doctors can soul harvest and feast on health globes for a massive int % buff, my WD rides at 160k dps, 203k when I put on pierce the veil with no buffs, and u can always harvest or have a little health globe running... But when I get my 5 globes it goes up to 400, I think the high 500's with pierce, try it out, plague bats are murder.

Oh and I spent like 30m on my witch doctor... You should try sorting bids to time left and checking those first few pages when u log in. Amazing what shows up sometimes. =]
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Golgo13
ust spent over 300mil to max my WD
I'm still trying to see what you spent 300 mil on?
Reply Quote
i do the time left haha i started doing that, thnx for the advice guys, I know I'm a noob but we all start somewhere I guess.
Reply Quote
I got lazy and spent most of it on top gems. the weapon was 100m and the rest was spent on gems and the rest.
Reply Quote
Advice on WD build for max DPS

Be careful that WD's are a curious class in that sheet dps and effective dps are very different.
Reply Quote
The best advice can be found on the WD forums. Go there instead of general and you'll find a metric crap ton of info.
Reply Quote
I hate to inform you, but you didnt get much out of your 300m.

a couple of concepts you need to understand about WD, stacking sheet dps is the worst possible way to gear. WDs are mana limited, what you have currently is far too much attack speed which does nothing but drains your mana, and a out of mana WD does no damage. Even with the zuni 4 piece and mana passives, your gear set is not mana sustainable.

Secondly, you have very little ehp (for a WD anyways since we have to face tank often) with only 2 pieces of gear with all resistance, you also have no life steal which is a must.

TL:DR, stack int, vit, CC, CD and avg dmg, forget about IAS. Aim for 50K+ hp, 700+ AR, 3.5k+ Armor. My WD set is worth about 300m, you can check it out :)
Edited by Aaron#1835 on 6/23/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also, a 400k dps WD with sustainable mana simply does not exist. Even if you have 10B in budget, the most you can expect is 250k dps if you want sustainable resources and decent ehp. Forget those paper dps chasers on diabloprogress
Reply Quote
I think you did ok BUT if your running acid cloud your gonna need more mana from another source--that would be the helm given the power of your weapon. While you can get that from a zu helm with vit a lif% you could also get a good string to replace the frog which would allow you to use a Guyas Visage which you can get with hi mana regen and CC. I bought a string with similar states to your frog for 6 MIL, while it did not have a socket or plus radius it had 10% cc, +6% dmg to elites and + 14% to poison darts.

I would have gone with blackthornes jousting pants with 2 sockets you would also get ok vitality with good life on hit.

Nor sure about your choice of lacunis - i think you can do better

Im an acid cloud freak and get good results with just Vision quest-alternating between poison dart splinters to rebuild mana and then acid cloud. I use aci cloud cuz it reminds me of my chain lightning Javazon in D2, but almost everyone agrees that bats are the way to go.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/23/2013 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
300 Million???? Wow, you got ripped. My WD just got lvl 60 about two weeks ago, and I only had about 10 million in gold at that time. Over the passed two weeks I've geared my WD with higher DPS than you for 30 times less gold. None of it is RMAH.

Yikes. I feel bad for you.
Reply Quote
300 Million???? Wow, you got ripped. My WD just got lvl 60 about two weeks ago, and I only had about 10 million in gold at that time. Over the passed two weeks I've geared my WD with higher DPS than you for 30 times less gold. None of it is RMAH.

Yikes. I feel bad for you.

where do you get your mana regen from?
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/23/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I never run out. Like, never. I can literally hold down frogs all day long and mana goes nowhere. With the odd lob glob here and there, I'm all set. :)

Probably stems at least in part from Grave injustice.
Edited by ImmortalKing#1546 on 6/23/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 06:08 PMPosted by JJLXL
I never run out. Like, never. I can literally hold down frogs all day long and mana goes nowhere. With the odd lob glob here and there, I'm all set. :)

cool
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 06:08 PMPosted by JJLXL
I can literally hold down frogs all day long and mana goes nowhere.
I'm pretty sure anyone can as frogs cost almost nothing to cast. Trust me head over to the WD forums, you will learn so much about how to really play as a WD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]