Diablo® III

Its sad when...

Its sad when these games are more like diablo than diablo 3 is.....

1) Baldur's Gate
2) torchlight
3) path of exile
4) Titan quest
5) Fate.. i mean come on.. fate is more like diablo than D3... seriously blizz....

5 titles... im sure there are more out there...
the majority of these games have more in depth character progression, replayability, and overall fun. get good blizzard... you're being a noob right now.

tldr : seriously you couldn't read all of that? come on...
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 11:42 PMPosted by familia
We got tons of action with no rpg elements. At least let them try to fix that.

this is probably my biggest beef.
Reply Quote
Baldur's Gate: As a fan of the old games, no, they're nothing like Diablo.

The other games: Okay, I can see where you're coming from.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2 is a better RPG than Diablo 3. Never thought I'd be saying that.
Reply Quote

1) Baldur's Gate...

Eh... no. Baldur's Gate isn't even remotely similar to Diablo except that it involves swords and stuff and has an isometric third person view.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 03:02 AMPosted by Kil

That's because Diablo isn't, has never been and never will be, an RPG.
Reply Quote

1) Baldur's Gate
2) torchlight
3) path of exile
4) Titan quest
5) Fate.. i mean come on.. fate is more like diablo than D3... seriously blizz....

5 titles... im sure there are more out there...
the majority of these games have more in depth character progression, replayability, and overall fun. get good blizzard... you're being a noob right now.

tldr : seriously you couldn't read all of that? come on...

How is Baldur's Gate like Diablo? Baldur's Gate was created as an Ultima-style RPG, nothing like a hack and slash action game with a RPG stat system like Diablo.
Reply Quote
To be fair Diablo 2 is very little like the original.

Blizzard already set the standard that the sequel wouldn't just be a copy-paste clone a la CoD.
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 means this:

http://youtu.be/PUUscrBEARk

Diablo 3 means this:

http://youtu.be/GsqUZkmO-zk
Reply Quote
View profile
Diablo isn't an ARPG... its a dumbed down action arcade game made for console. D1, D2 > D3...

D3 has no character customization, no skill customization, no build customization, no gear customization, no need to re-roll, just stack main stat and pew pew pew wow clone casual fun.

IMO D3 doesn't deserve the Diablo title.

You do realize that the same comment could be made about D1. Because D1 was ported to the PlayStation. How dare Brevik port Diablo 1 to the Sony PlayStation.
Reply Quote
^ You miss the fact that D3 was DEVELOPED for console. That's the reason the console version is pretty much exactly the same as the PC . PC version has offline mode and moving while shooting, for example.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 03:08 AMPosted by Vresiberba

That's because Diablo isn't, has never been and never will be, an RPG.

Unlike Starcraft, clearly.
Reply Quote
I truly hope the Blizzard folks will be able to address these issues and improve this game. Positive vibes!
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 08:00 PMPosted by vexorian
^ You miss the fact that D3 was DEVELOPED for console. That's the reason the console version is pretty much exactly the same as the PC . PC version has offline mode and moving while shooting, for example.

And you're forgetting that Blizzard hired an entirely separate development team to handle the console release. That they have it running on console a year after the PC release doesn't indicate that they set out to develop it for it specifically - if you take a good look at the console version you'll see many things have changed to accommodate the different control scheme and user demographics. Shared content aside they might as well be different games. Claiming they initially developed D3 for consoles is simply untrue.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Paradox
And you're forgetting that Blizzard hired an entirely separate development team to handle the console release.

ok where's the current team then? considering JW stepped down from this less than a year of it's departure into the world after working on it for 7 years?

That they have it running on console a year after the PC release doesn't indicate that they set out to develop it for it specifically

how would you know that. you wouldn't. they also said things like bind on account would never exist in diablo3, lo and behold today.

if you take a good look at the console version you'll see many things have changed to accommodate the different control scheme and user demographics.

all while retaining everything that PC already has, great so now the game has extras that PC doesn't albeit even if they are small or meaningless. all it takes is a small start to begin the process.

Shared content aside they might as well be different games.

in what way? one plays with a mouse and keyboard and the other plays with a controller? i don't remember control schemes = different games.

Claiming they initially developed D3 for consoles is simply untrue.

may be untrue but certainly isn't far-fetched or unbelievable.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 7/1/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]