Diablo® III

roh oh! Nerf on the horizon?

From Blue:

Hi Guys,I wanted to pop in and give you all an update about this. I followed up on this with our development team and this is not intended behavior. That said, I do not have an ETA on when a fix may appear on live realms. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is definitely on our radar.Thanks for the reports everyone!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933306666#8

I guess it's not the end of the world, since most of us probably have enough Disc and Prep to keep refreshing SP during a fight, but on higher MPs I really like that I just have to hit Gloom once and can then finish the fight. Would help against knockback mobs obviously.
Reply Quote
oh jeez
Reply Quote
Wow, as usual, nerfs to DH class once again...

Geez, I'm getting used to all the nerfs already...

Nerfed to the ground again baby!
Reply Quote
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it's soooooo hard to start gloom before clicking rapid firing that they need to report it as a bug

you just can't have good things as a DH :(

"Shadow power life steal not working if started while Rapid fire channeling.
I have to stop rapid fire, and start channeling again to triger life steal, its very annoying"

Seriously??? >.>
Reply Quote
Lol I saw this one coming, rapid fire was too good to be true, I wouldn't doubt that they tone it down in the future either. Again there's way bigger broken issues yet I can guarantee the fix to DH's will come before everything else. This class can never catch a break, sad but true.
Reply Quote
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it's soooooo hard to start gloom before clicking rapid firing that they need to report it as a bug

ROFL, sad but true.
Reply Quote
The thing that pisses me off is that this has been around MUCH longer than with rapid fire. It was a very popular combo with strafe builds and with shuriken cloud, which is part of some strafe builds. This same snapshotting mechanic was already "fixed" with monks. Why the hell are they deciding to act now?
Reply Quote
We need an RF bump to at least 550-600% damage to keep up with plague bats in pvp.
And even if the damage is matched, the bats do serious DoT as well.
Bats go right over and through our pets, while RF hits, including rockets, all get absorbed by 3 freaking zombie dogs.
Reply Quote
Figured this was gonna happen, too much talk about snapshotting (especially the exploit) in the forums.. Oh wells.
Edited by vNaK#1804 on 6/24/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
From Blue:

Hi Guys,I wanted to pop in and give you all an update about this. I followed up on this with our development team and this is not intended behavior. That said, I do not have an ETA on when a fix may appear on live realms. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is definitely on our radar.Thanks for the reports everyone!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933306666#8

I guess it's not the end of the world, since most of us probably have enough Disc and Prep to keep refreshing SP during a fight, but on higher MPs I really like that I just have to hit Gloom once and can then finish the fight. Would help against knockback mobs obviously.

You do realize that the first post in that topic was talking about how shadowpower's life steal not working when activated WHILE already channeling Rapid Fire, right? The whole thing wasn't even talking about when its activated before the channel.

Either way, I'm surprised that hasn't been changed already lol
Reply Quote
You are right. I misread it too lol, but if it's the same as SW for monks, where it updates SW damage as your dps changes, then Rapid fire is probably going to end up being the same. If it updates itself to detect LS is on and off then it won't be like how it is now.
Reply Quote
[quote="93620645244You do realize that the first post in that topic was talking about how shadowpower's life steal not working when activated WHILE already channeling Rapid Fire, right? The whole thing wasn't even talking about when its activated before the channel.

Either way, I'm surprised that hasn't been changed already lol[/quote]

Correct, but in "fixing" it, the likeliest fix is to make SP last 5 seconds, even while channeling, so that you can pop it DURING a channel - which wasn't a problem in the first place IMO.
Reply Quote

Either way, I'm surprised that hasn't been changed already lol

As people only now start to exploit it using Macros, they have a reason to look into it (before this it wasn't much of a problem that needed a quick fix).

The mechanic very much seems to be "intended" as it probably was programmed this way for performance reasons (less checks = more performance for other stuff; they only check for ChC because of SS).
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 11:25 PMPosted by TheProf
Correct, but in "fixing" it, the likeliest fix is to make SP last 5 seconds, even while channeling, so that you can pop it DURING a channel - which wasn't a problem in the first place IMO.

We don't even know what is the exact issue he is refering to, let alone whatever fix they're proposing. Freaking out now and going all pessimistic and Blizz sux and hates DHs is not going to help the situation.
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter what they are doing really, dh is the worst class...just roll a barb...they aren't buffing jack.

People rage to vent, it's only natural..dont hate, appreciate
Reply Quote
YUP here we go again. NERF NERF NERF NERF the DH

i will keep playing the DH because they are the most underated and underbuffed class.

they are the only challange
Reply Quote
YUP here we go again. NERF NERF NERF NERF the DH

i will keep playing the DH because they are the most underated and underbuffed class.

they are the only challange
Reply Quote
Doesn't bother me much; I have enough discipline and use Nightstalker.
Reply Quote
I rather find this completely funny the only serious replies we get from blizzard is regrading nerfing something about demon hunter. But addressing any serious issues with the class goes completely ignored.

Must be our fault for rolling demon hunter....that's how it feels.
Reply Quote
I rather find this completely funny the only serious replies we get from blizzard is regrading nerfing something about demon hunter. But addressing any serious issues with the class goes completely ignored.

Must be our fault for rolling demon hunter....that's how it feels.

They not like Demon Hunters.. Haha.

It's been like this since launch. They nerfed us pretty much MORE than any class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]