Play I say..

Play away..
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
06/26/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Diurnal
save your sanity. no
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
I've been on here and there in the past 6 moths but haven't really played since they introduced Paragon levels. Is it worth it to come back now? Whats changed? Am I going to enjoy the game more now (cause I definitely didn't when I quit)? Is it still pay to win or can one farm items successfully now?

What makes you keep playing?
Diablo III has evolved quite a bit in the past year or so, and I'd suggest checking out the changes for yourself firsthand. :)

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691898/diablo-iii-the-road-so-far-5-16-2013"]This blog[/url] offers some highlights, and at the tail-end of the blog, there are also links to each of the patches as well as retrospectives from both [url="http://www.diablofans.com/news/1773-diablo-3-a-look-back/"]Diablo Fans[/url] and [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1546-diablo-iii-first-year-retrospective"]Diablo Somepage[/url].

He means gameplay has changed. But your still finding the same terrible loot there is and it won't be getting patched until After Blizzcon it was confirmed by a CM.....
Reply Quote
People who say the game is 'play to win' really do not make any sense because you cannot win the game. For some people, the fun of the game is to find/craft new powerful items for your character and watch him progress. I don't see the point of maxing out a credit card to farm MP10 content when you can just start on mp2-3 and work your way up. The BoA craftable items make it a lot easier to get upgrades for your character. It is much easier to craft an upgraded piece than to find one for your own character.

The point is, you can still find a way to have fun on the game without paying to win.
Edited by Element#1519 on 6/27/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Answer:HELL NO!!!

Was thinking the same few days ago after 2 months not playing,Alt+F4 followed in 10 minutes gametime.This game is THAT MUCH BORING!

I have more fun playing mario than D3,at least it opffers me some CHALLENGE...
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Surt
There are at least 5 or 6 out there that already meet this criteria. Why aren't they killing blizzard in the marketplace?

how do you know they dont?

This game has lost a lot of people. And from this point, it will be more each day.

If you consider for a moment that there are people out there which have like 100 Bots runing in the back ground ... then it really sheeds a whole new light on that "3 million people log in to Diablo 3 every month".
Reply Quote
The game is still fundamentally flawed for the same reasons regardless of what has changed. Stay away from this one, there are better games you can be spending your limited lifetime on.
Reply Quote
I've been on here and there in the past 6 moths but haven't really played since they introduced Paragon levels. Is it worth it to come back now? Whats changed? Am I going to enjoy the game more now (cause I definitely didn't when I quit)? Is it still pay to win or can one farm items successfully now?

1. No.
2. Most of the changes haven't fixed the most important broken things.
3. Probably not.
4. Yes, it is still P2W, and no, the itemization patch won't come out until after BlizzCon, according to blues.
5. I'm not playing it. I'm waiting to see single-player offline and the itemization patch. If an expansion pack comes out, I will read the full list of additions, and if I don't see single-player offline AND itemization patches for the PC version, I won't buy it. It won't do me any good.
Reply Quote
Wait for the expansion. It's exactly how you left it but instead of worthless rares, you now get worthless legendaries.
Reply Quote
Should I Come Back?

That would depend on where you are now?
Reply Quote

Diablo III has evolved quite a bit in the past year or so, and I'd suggest checking out the changes for yourself firsthand. :)

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691898/diablo-iii-the-road-so-far-5-16-2013"]This blog[/url] offers some highlights, and at the tail-end of the blog, there are also links to each of the patches as well as retrospectives from both [url="http://www.diablofans.com/news/1773-diablo-3-a-look-back/"]Diablo Fans[/url] and [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1546-diablo-iii-first-year-retrospective"]Diablo Somepage[/url].

Thank you for that, but it doesn't sound like you actually read his post. He asks if you have to pay to win, ie use the AH or RMAH to get your only good items. Since you guys have delayed the itemization patch until after Blizzcon, he is looking at another 6 months of the game not being worth playing, along with the rest of us. Nothing you guys have done address the basic issue that finding good gear for yourself is impossibly hard and depends entirely on luck and not skill or time invested.
Reply Quote
People who say the game is 'play to win' really do not make any sense because you cannot win the game. For some people, the fun of the game is to find/craft new powerful items for your character and watch him progress. I don't see the point of maxing out a credit card to farm MP10 content when you can just start on mp2-3 and work your way up. The BoA craftable items make it a lot easier to get upgrades for your character. It is much easier to craft an upgraded piece than to find one for your own character.

The point is, you can still find a way to have fun on the game without paying to win.

I agree 100% with your last sentence, but "pay2win" refers to a freemium business model. I say freemium because most publishers aren't cheeky enough to allow it in a fully paid game. Activision is trying to change this standard, and has copied this business model from free games like Farmville and the like.

In a multiplayer game, even a cooperative one like D3, a lot of the fun comes from competing and comparing your skills and gear with other players. Since success in D3 often comes from gear as much as (or more than) skill, playing alongside others who have bought their gear with money OUTSIDE the game economy ($$$) rather than found it or traded for it legitimately is a lot less fun than it would otherwise be. Indeed, it's a real joykill.

To the OP: The short answer to your question is no. The long answer is also no, and it will remain no, probably forever: Activision turned D3 into a true, undeniably freemium business model the day they started selling gold. Note that I am painting a distinction between this and players farming gold to sell for real money. The problem is deeper, and much more sinister, than a real-money auction house.

The publisher of your game is trading in-game currency for real currency. Can you not see the conflict of interest here? Even if Activision were a company as interested in quality as it is in profit (hint: it isn't), it would be extraordinarily difficult to fight against that. Since Activision is in fact more interested in short-term revenue than in long-term revenue (remember that it was D2's reputation that caused D3 to make gazillions of dollars), it is not merely difficult; it is impossible. So long as Activision continues to be headed by Bobby Kotick, don't expect this to change one bit.

An item patch won't change it.

An expansion won't change it.

The good news is that there are many fantastic alternatives out there. If you like cartoony graphics, try out Torchlight 2. If you like gritty graphics a la Diablo 2 (arguably as gritty as Diablo 1's!), check out Path of Exile. Titan Quest is still a lot of fun, and has aged well. There are others as well; just look around.

Good luck! :)
Reply Quote
If you don't mind farming for hundreds and hundreds of hours and not getting a single good item, then yes, come back.
Reply Quote
I love this game.. too much. Ive grown tired of it, for the last month. Because ive been doing the same thing over and over with no results... but at the same time I can't blame blizzard for that cause I would've quit way back if I had evrything without any efforts.

Another thing that irritates my e-peen is that there are few things to do once you get the "godly" gear... Because: nobody WANTS to farm bosses due to the fact that you can get a better item randomly in the world. Now i'm not saying that this is wrong, in fact, i'm happy that I can find about anything anywhere, but when it comes to bosses Blizzard's answer is simple: Do them IF you want.

( yes it's coming)

In diablo 2, on your way to a boss, you would kill all the useless mobs and then kill the boss and then start over. One bosses as better chances of dropping the item that you're looking for, and so on. ( so if you were looking for something in specific, you just spam that run until your efforts are rewarded)

Now blizzard solution on that matter sounds like this: Let's give them the butcher sickle on the butcher. Now, lets consider this offer, how many people are using this sickle at the moment? And what are the chances of a rare weapon to be 100x better than a butcher sickle? Infinite.

I'm not here to bash Blizzard, I just want to open their eyes.

They already introduced an awesome crafting system ( even though I still hate the 100% randomness on items that are not self bound, anyways...) So why not introduce crafting materials from different bosses and allow us to craft something amazing that is truly unique ( ex: an echoing fury with the azurewrath skin and so on). Possibilities are infinite and I just feel like Blizzard is being a stuck up company trying to make everything perfect which will never be the case because NOTHING and NOBODY is perfect. ( like my english ;) )

Hope this will be read, thumbs up if you agree

PEACE
Reply Quote
Naa I have never had a use for quiters.
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
but getting a liscense cost u 60 bucks so ur payin for something that u dont kno if ur even gonna like and i doubt yous will reimburse the money if i dont like ur game
Reply Quote
If you have conquered the world of Diablo III yet still need to satiate your ARPG cravings, I suggest you take a look at Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile. Both are free to play games, got nothing to lose checking them out.

Marvel Heroes is a very casual friendly ARPG.
Path of Exile is an extremely hardcore version of Diablo II. (steep learning curve)

Diablo III won't see any improvements because it would disadvantage the console version. Why would you add new content to the PC and then sell an alternate version without it?

Patching Xbox360+Ps3 cost lots of money. That is why you make PC version first if you can, and then console version later. Minimize patching to deliver a more polished stable product to consumers.
Edited by Null on 6/29/2013 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

the itemzation patch is nowhere to be seen..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]