Diablo® III

can custom soundtracks be allowed on the PS3?

Just another unanswered question.
By default all 360 games can play your own music streamed from your PC or hard drive.
Can this be done on the PS3 .
Everyone loves grinding to their own tunes.
It should only be fair that the option be available on the PS3 as well.
Reply Quote
I answered this for you: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344554984
Reply Quote
My Bad.
Thank you for the link and reply.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
By default all 360 games can play your own music streamed from your PC or hard drive.
Can this be done on the PS3 .

Each platform has its own set of features, and background audio is supported a little differently between the two consoles. They both have the original background soundtrack, but only the Xbox 360 will allow you to play custom music.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Grimiku
Each platform has its own set of features, and background audio is supported a little differently between the two consoles. They both have the original background soundtrack, but only the Xbox 360 will allow you to play custom music.

That's weird, since there are PS3 games (MK vs. DC comes first to mind) that allow to play music while playing, while a lot of other games allow custom playlists for the game. Despite the fact that one can just mute the music and play it externally, it's usually better to tie both things, IMO.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 05:10 PMPosted by ToxxicoVines

That's weird, since there are PS3 games (MK vs. DC comes first to mind) that allow to play music while playing, while a lot of other games allow custom playlists for the game. Despite the fact that one can just mute the music and play it externally, it's usually better to tie both things, IMO.

I always thought playing music through the xbox was a huge PITA anyway. Maybe they've improved it though, I haven't played around with my xbox for a few years lol.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 05:48 PMPosted by strikewolf42
I always thought playing music through the xbox was a huge PITA anyway. Maybe they've improved it though, I haven't played around with my xbox for a few years lol.

I never had an Xbox, so I can't tell, but for me the music on the PS3 saved my from the PITA that is some music on some games... (Specially those that bring "real life" music)
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 05:48 PMPosted by strikewolf42

You've been able to rip CDs onto the original Xbox and the 360 hard drives forever. On the original Xbox, only certain games allowed you to play your own music... it had to be built into the game itself. (I'm guessing this is kind of how it works on the PS3? I don't know because I don't own one...)

Anywho, the 360 can also utilize your home network to read shared media folders from any windows PC connected to that same network. So if your music folder is shared on your PC, your 360 should be able to see that file and play any supported file types in it.

I actually use this feature all the time to play music while playing Battlefield 3... and with very few exceptions, this works for all games on the 360. Most games will even mute the background music and only play ambient noise and sound effects while you're playing your own music.
Reply Quote
Not sure if Blizzard does not know this but I am looking for some of you fans of D3 on the console to back me up.
The PS3 does exactly what the 360 does in regards to letting you play your own music in place of a games soundtrack.
The only difference is that on the 360 no game can or will be published unless it has the ability to play custom soundtracks.
The PS3 as well has the ability to play custom soundtracks in the background of games just like the 360 does.
Except!
The developer has to choose if they want to implement it or not.
It seems that by some of the responses to my post, the people in the know do not know that the Ps3 can play custom sound tracks as well. There are many PS3 games that say right on the back of the box "custom soundtracks".
It is up to the developer to decide if they want it or not. I was just figuring that the PS3 seems to be the endorsed console of choice by Blizzard. It seems to me that it may benefit Blizzard to implement custom soundtracks on the PS3 to match the 360. Not saying that I do not like Blizzards game music audio. Hell I have the Diablo 2 soundtrack on my MP3 player. When you take your kids trick or treating this year try this for a great ethereal effect. Listen to wilderness while walking along with them on their route.
Ok I am side tracking.
Reply Quote
Of course that if Blizz allowed custom sountracks on the PS3 that would be awesome. Nothing better that slaying demons while listening to Slayer.
Reply Quote
Yes Toxxico that is exactly what I am talking about. Seasons in the Abyss or Read between the lies on South of Heaven would be awesome!
Reply Quote
When Grimiku said

"Each platform has its own set of features, and background audio is supported a little differently between the two consoles. They both have the original background soundtrack, but only the Xbox 360 will allow you to play custom music."

I get the feeling that Grimiku does not know that the PS3 has the ability to play custom soundtracks in the background of a game exactly like the 360. The developer just needs to throw the switch to enable it. I can not think that enabling custom soundtracks on D3 for the PS3 is that hard to engage this late in the cycle of development.
Com on Blizzard. I know you guys have some varied music tastes at the studio. Let us be able to player SLAYER while playing D3. Just at least ask the console devs to look into it. Tons of current PS3 games allow custom soundtracks.

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]