Diablo® III

Time to take a break + Life story

TL;DR I'm tired of the game right now and I am sick of being a loser.

Posting this because I need recognition and a pat on the back for how good of a job I am doing to take a break. /sarcasm

The thought of playing this game actually makes me bored right now. Hell, the thought of logging in makes me bored. So for now, I think for the next 3-6 months, I'm going to be focusing on myself. Right now, all I do is sit on my butt. I stopped exercising a long time ago, like 2-3 years. I constantly feel out of energy and feel weak, not just muscular wise, joint wise. So, once I get the money, I am going to pay for the gym and in the meantime, work out at home.

I've had an aspired image of myself for a few years now and it's about time I actually make it happen. Gain some weight and muscle, not specifically to look better but to feel stronger and feel like I can really protect myself and others when I need to. Going to save up and get myself a Jeep, no I don't care what people think of Jeeps, I just feel it would be an easy car to drive and probably fun. Get a piercing or two and 1-2 tattoos.

I know it's odd for me to post this here, but to be perfectly honest, I want to keep it a surprise for the many people who haven't seen me in like 3-4 years since I moved here and sadly enough, I have no one else to tell. I've been recluse for to long and it's about time I stop doing it. I haven't hung out with anyone since March of last year. Literally been in my room for 95% of these past 2 years. I'm sick of it and I finally want to go out. Also spent like 50$ on a jug of protein powder and I still haven't used it more than like 5 times. Bout time I empty that 3 pound beast!
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Best of luck getting your life back on track. I have a feeling this will hit home with a lot of people on this forum.
Reply Quote
Do it man. Its worth it. Getting in shape will change your life.

Make the commitment in your head. Want it. Do it.

I've done it. You will be so glad you did.
Reply Quote
Do it man. Its worth it. Getting in shape will change your life.

Make the commitment in your head. Want it. Do it.

I've done it. You will be so glad you did.

It just hit me today, not that I hadn't thought about it a lot these past few years, thinking about how badly I want it but I am to obsessed with the internet. I finally got to the point where I wanted to do something else besides watch stuff on the internet and play this game.

First time in days I've been outside riding my bike and actually wanted to go faster. Mind you, I've been outside a lot, just never tried biking hard in a long time.
Reply Quote
I actually tried to exercise today. I did 1 set of pull ups and push ups and I was spent. lol that used to be SO easy for me. 5 sets of pull ups, 5 sets of push ups, 500-1000 bicycles, 5 sets of leg lifts and some rows with a bar bell with 70 pounds on it used to be easy and a nights workout. Now I can barely get my butt off the ground! lol
Reply Quote
Good luck with your transformation.
Bike riding is my go to sport.
Especially tight single track trials, near water, even better.
Ride, swim, ride more.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Perhaps it's because of all the trolls here and negative crap on these forums, but I honestly figured someone was going to ream me right out the gate.

Thanks though, for all the luck and good stuff.
Reply Quote
You can get your exercise in while getting paid for it......... get a job that is physically demanding. Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

I work 2 jobs, one being physically demanding and have a wife/kid and I still play this game.
Reply Quote
You can get your exercise in while getting paid for it......... get a job that is physically demanding. Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

I work 2 jobs, one being physically demanding and have a wife/kid and I still play this game.

True, but it doesn't take away my boredom. =D I'll probably end up coming back to it sooner than I said, but I need something to change.
Reply Quote
My boss told me today to stop being a victim and take action. Congrats. I feel the same way, with a full time job, part time school, 2 kids and a wife - gaming time for me is limited and I am slowly moving away from Diablo 3 and spending my time on DOTA 2.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
It's nice to be able to finally grab a hold of what you've let adrift and to regain control of it. I've been slowly making my way back to that path as well.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:19 AMPosted by vyruss
It's nice to be able to finally grab a hold of what you've let adrift and to regain control of it. I've been slowly making my way back to that path as well.

I think what caused it was losing my best friend because she completely betrayed me. So bad that whenever her and her fiance are ever around me, which has been all of 3 times in the past 2 years, I don't even acknowledge them. Funny thing is, I wasn't the one who messed up and she does the same thing to me. I couldn't care less to be honest, not now. I was depressed for a full month before we stopped being friends, like never been so depressed in my life.

My mind wouldn't stop running, it felt like I fried it once I felt the betrayal. I probably would have committed suicide the last day of my depression, but I got snapped out of it. It took me months to stop going over the situation in my head and I never did get to say what I wanted to. I think that's what through me into my room for so long. I've learned that being depressed sucks and I'll never be that way again. Been over a year and a half now and I finally learned to love myself. I used to hate myself, like a lot. Now I'm never depressed or sad no matter how lonely and recluse I've been.
Reply Quote
Here is a good quote from Scarface that sums up how you should live your life, with the last line being added (and followed) by myself:

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." Then when you get the women, you can play video games as much as you want.
Reply Quote

My mind wouldn't stop running, it felt like I fried it once I felt the betrayal. I probably would have committed suicide the last day of my depression, but I got snapped out of it. It took me months to stop going over the situation in my head and I never did get to say what I wanted to. I think that's what through me into my room for so long. I've learned that being depressed sucks and I'll never be that way again. Been over a year and a half now and I finally learned to love myself. I used to hate myself, like a lot. Now I'm never depressed or sad no matter how lonely and recluse I've been.

You just... decided not to be depressed any more? You make that sound pretty easy.

Anyway, good luck with your goals.
Reply Quote

I think what caused it was losing my best friend because she completely betrayed me. So bad that whenever her and her fiance are ever around me, which has been all of 3 times in the past 2 years, I don't even acknowledge them. Funny thing is, I wasn't the one who messed up and she does the same thing to me. I couldn't care less to be honest, not now. I was depressed for a full month before we stopped being friends, like never been so depressed in my life.

See, that's how you get better and better. You learned to love yourself, and now that you love yourself you realize that you must also take care of yourself and whatever it is that you care about as well. I too know what it's like to lose good friends, but it was for different reasons.

At any rate, the only thing you have left to do now is shove off onto your new journey. I suppose ending posting at this forum will be that step.
Reply Quote
I load Aircraft's for a living so that keeps me in pretty good shape, but I also workout everyday when I get off work, which is usually some kind of cardio. (running, swimming, or canoeing for two hours) I lift enough weight at work, my arms and back get pretty beat up.

The point I was trying to make is if you juggle your time around right there is no reason you can't work, stay in shape and play games. All while enjoying your family and the things you buy.
Edited by kastermaster#1172 on 7/2/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:39 AMPosted by familia
I can't help but laugh at this fanboy dairy. Is this really what General Discussion is for?

He's posting to get some validation in his choice and feels doing it with random people on the internet is the best way to do it. I commend him for even making a decision to make his life better, I bet you wish you had the will power to do that.

Good luck bro. Life is awesome outside of the net.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 08:06 AMPosted by familia

He's posting to get some validation in his choice and feels doing it with random people on the internet is the best way to do it. I commend him for even making a decision to make his life better, I bet you wish you had the will power to do that.

Good luck bro. Life is awesome outside of the net.

Seeking validation on the internet from anonymous people is supposed to what? Feel free to take his word, but he should prove himself to people that actually matter lol.

Reclusiveness is a very serious issue now-a-days with the internet and gaming, and this is how some people start their "healing" process or whatever you wanna call it. I'll take his word for it, because there's really no reason not to believe him. I guess I'm just that type of person. If you feel you need to knock him, go for it, but I'll support a fellow gamer trying to get his life back together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]