Diablo® III

please relocate jeweler in act I

sorry the ignorance who is this mystic?
Reply Quote
You'd also have to have a crafting mule past a certain point in Act 1 quests to have access to the Gem Crafter which isn't the best thing if I just want to so to a crafting mule who has all the supplies on him to save stash space.
Reply Quote
^ change change change....

I farm act 1 all the time and its my default to go craft but damn what a pain it is to walk...especially when you forget you need to buy tomes and you walk all the way there then have to leave town and do it again
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 08:33 AMPosted by CredibleCon
buy tomes and you walk all the way there then have to leave town and do it again

true true
Reply Quote
for obvious reasons +1
Reply Quote
+1

Act II is my least favourite Act but my most favourite Town, since everything is so close together.

I'll second that as well. I HATE act 2, but everything is nice and compact in town as you mentioned.

It may sound like laziness, but more then anything I don't think its laziness. When I'm switching gear on characters, I will leave a game in act 1 just to switch to act 2 because of the amount of time it saves. When you have to collect gems/items on 2-3 different characters, constantly running to and from the jeweler, or want to even just see if certain gems are better in different items, it takes LESS time to just leave and switch acts. Again I don't think this is laziness, it just makes sense too commit less time to something if its possible. It's not like were being rewarded for the amount of time we have dialogue chat open with him >.<
Reply Quote
There are obvious locations in ACT 1 and 2 where the Mystic was/is going to set up shop.

Behind Squirt in ACT 2 and behind the Inn in ACT 1.

I don't see how they could possibly relocate the Jewler in Act 1.
Reply Quote
I've heard that Covetous makes better business when there is people around
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Grimiku
yes am lazy, but blizz relocated cain in act v in d2.

This subject comes up from time to time, so you're not the only one who'd like to see Covetous Shen move his shop in Act I. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback.

It really is just a waste of time to walk to Shen in A1. I make games in A2 just because he's close to the stash if I need something done with gems. When Cain was moved in D2, it saved everyone a lot of walking.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I too would love to see him closer to the town. Especially with NV, crafting is time consuming when you have to go all the way to the far end of the village to craft jewels in Act 1.

I'm just beginning to get involved in crafting things and Covetous Shen's location in Act 1 is a pain. lol

Perhaps he could be sort of beside the blacksmith? He would be sort of "backwards" but it's not a bad location. Or across from the blacksmith, again the angle is somewhat off, but still he is reachable.
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote

This subject comes up from time to time, so you're not the only one who'd like to see Covetous Shen move his shop in Act I. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback.

I honestly leave game and recreate in another act more often than not just to be closer to Shen. I really wish he was closer to where you port in as well. Maybe he can work out some realty trade with the vendor just west of the inn or something?
Reply Quote

how about passing along useful feedback?
Reply Quote
Ok here details....

These are all different suggestions

1. Just move it. (Easy but boring)

2. Make it a quest. (do i really need to explain what a quest is? )

You could make it a very simple and short quest. You could make it a very long quest. Or you could make it an epic quest along the lines of the original getting keyed for Onyxia or the original warlock mount.

3. Have it change locations after a certain level of achievements.

My suggestion is just if your going to do it why not do something fun and engaging. It is not required of course but these are suggestions.
Reply Quote
lol sometime im thinking of leaving game then entering back on other act just to get covetus near... that should say something.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 09:25 AMPosted by TastySouP
When you have to collect gems/items on 2-3 different characters, constantly running to and from the jeweler

that is the second part of another post i made. let the game store the stackable items directly to the stash as soon as you pick them up, in this case gems, so you dont have to change chars to full your pile of gems
Reply Quote
I like the idea that Covetous can move his family jewels
Reply Quote
Due to technical limitations and the massive length of time it would take to code this we expect this to be added sometime after 1.09.

amidoinitrite?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]