Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

Just do this, it will harm nobody.
Reply Quote
This is a joke, right? Items are worth exactly what someone thinks they are worth. And if it won't hurt nobody, how many are there now gloating about being "self found" can you imagine what people will be like if something of that caliber happens? Now you will have even more annoyance than the "I am a h/c player, I am better than you".
Reply Quote
Its only about recognition. Every player, who plays d3 and gets a good item, want to show this item off.

But with the current System, there will be no recognition, because every1 can get all Items. Its just a matter of $$. This decreases the fun and motivation for most of the players.
Reply Quote
Overseer, all I can say is that there are far more critical things than SF that Blizzard have to add to this game before I'd even consider buying an expansion.

Well, that and you're going to be waiting a long time for the next patch, let alone any possible expansion pack(s):

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1578-no-major-content-patch-is-in-development-for-diablo-iii

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-future-of-diablo-3-fansite-summit-mega-report
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 7/1/2013 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know there are more problems, like, ofc the itemization, but this is also a major problem.
I'm not playing this game atm anyway, but I just want to warn Blizzard about this problem.

I Hope this thread gets bigger, so a Blizzard employee will see it..
Reply Quote

But with the current System, there will be no recognition, because every1 can get all Items. Its just a matter of $$. This decreases the fun and motivation for most of the players.

It decreases the fun and motivation for you. You have no idea how it affects most players.
Reply Quote
This thread irks me.
Reply Quote
Could all you selfies please buy the console version of the game? This way you could cry about how your self-found char is 60hrs in and can't beat Diablo in inferno.

It's quite obvious that once there is a self-found mode, the whine about never seeing anything good will be like the current endless thread about SF.
Reply Quote
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

"thousands of others"...thank you for my daily forum joke:)

nothing better than speaking on behalf a presumed number of so called D3 players...
Reply Quote
I don't care about the value of items or recognition or anything.
As long as the item hunt itself is rewarding, it's fine with me.

Currently, the item hunt is everything except rewarding.
You can farm for days without ANY upgrade for any of your chars. Not even for those that just hit inferno! BORING!!!!

Currently, this game is all about gold farming and trading. There is no item hunt!

And that's the thing that needs to change BEFORE the expansion, together with a few skill tweaks. Oh and a better pvp I guess.. (not my thing, but what we have now fails miserably and is an insult to the fans).

After that, the expansion will be fine if it includes two new chars, a few more char slots, two extra stash tabs, at least two new HUGE acts and several new item types (including some more collectables, like gems).

It would also be nice if they added some more content (dungeons / levels) to the existing acts too.
This game is SO small for something developed in 2012/2013.
Reply Quote
Could all you selfies please buy the console version of the game? This way you could cry about how your self-found char is 60hrs in and can't beat Diablo in inferno.

It's quite obvious that once there is a self-found mode, the whine about never seeing anything good will be like the current endless thread about SF.

Does a sf mode harm u in any way? I dont understand such opinions.

When the players want to see the perfect items again, they can buy it in the AH, and the player will no longer be marked as self found. No problems there.
Reply Quote
I like the constant "Blizzard has better things to work on" crap answer that we always get. People are leaving this game and soon there won't be anyone left to play unless they come up with different play options.

Why not put Self-found as part of the expansion? I know, people will hate that too just to hate it.
Reply Quote

Just no!
Reply Quote
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode..

Proof?
Did all of these thousands of people agree to your solution?

I don't think I've ever seen thousands of forumers agree on any aspect of Diablo 3.
Your market research must be truly impressive.

Why isn't simply playing the game self-found reward enough again?
Reply Quote
Welcome to online RPGs.
Reply Quote
Well another piece of good news.Game is better off with him an the others like him.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 08:54 AMPosted by babinro
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode..

Proof?
Did all of these thousands of people agree to your solution?

I don't think I've ever seen thousands of forumers agree on any aspect of Diablo 3.
Your market research must be truly impressive.

Why isn't simply playing the game self-found reward enough again?

read my post again, its about recognition and motivation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]