Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

No SF, roflmao. Now we just need the SF people to stop posting. You SF players turned off so many with your constant posting and crying.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
SF is the only thing keeping me playing.

Sure i havent got the best gear but i know that around any corner i could get an awesome upgrade and i will have earned it.

Which makes me appreciate it and gives me a reason to keep playing.

Using AH is cheating.
Reply Quote
I'm not buying the expansion!! self found or not......Blizzards going to have to do a whole let more then what their doing to get people back.......
Reply Quote
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

Just do this, it will harm nobody.

"thousands of others"...thank you for my daily forum joke:)

nothing better than speaking on behalf a presumed number of so called D3 players...

^^ lol someone had to say it, i nod my head sir and thank you
Reply Quote
Well, with the expansion, a lot of items will BoA, so that's a begining. i don't think self-found player should get more recognition, it would create an elitist atmosphere. I do like to play self-found on some of my characters, but I don't do it for recognition.
Edited by WRSideral#1468 on 8/23/2013 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 08:46 AMPosted by WRSideral
I do like to play self-found on some od my characters, but I don't do it for recognition.

Very wise. And you do it without Blizzard specifically designing a mode for it.

If only everyone were as clear-headed about it as you are.
Reply Quote
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

Just do this, it will harm nobody.

I think people have to realize that the AH is like Quick Trading instead of hopping from game to game trying to find pple to trade with. Also, if blizzard did fix the problem of never finding a good drop/upgrade then it wont matter. All it takes is a little patience .. ya ya ya... GNR lol

IMO they should make it that the Boss's (in these new game modes) have a slim chance in dropping the highest Gem possible, So at least you know its worth something.. or make it that you have to find passives(really rare ones that you have to find that don't come while u level). Or this is a big one RUNES! lol those always hold value.
Edited by dcepshN#1271 on 8/23/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 06:25 AMPosted by MountainMan
It's called "Don't use the auction house, you moron!"

Lol, insulting others, when there are literally hundreds of posts explaining why this is NOT an answer, sigh...

Reading is your friend. As are manners and respect when addressing your peers in a public medium, regardless whether you agree with their points.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 8/23/2013 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Moron
Blizzard is sure gonna miss out on the 5 sales from you sf peeps

Yup: "If UR not gonna make me special mode for ME, that costs millions, UR not getting my $40!!!".

Quite funny.
Reply Quote
I want to spend money and be better at this game than you.
Reply Quote
thousands? or jsut you. lols anyways nothing to see here.
Reply Quote
I would try self found but when you put in 500+ plus hours and all you find is 400 dps weapons and trash ammy's/rings and sets. I just couldn't handle it.
Reply Quote
"Why do you care? It won't affect you." is not a valid argument for anything. I could come up with just about anything I wanted to change in the game... anything...say put it in a separate mode...say it won't affect you...but that doesn't mean it should be in the game.
Reply Quote
SF is the only thing keeping me playing.

Sure i havent got the best gear but i know that around any corner i could get an awesome upgrade and i will have earned it.

Which makes me appreciate it and gives me a reason to keep playing.

Using AH is cheating.

Everyone who plays this game has the exact same chances of finding a valuable item just around the corner... not just those playing self-found.
Reply Quote
This whole SF Mode recognition thing must be a softcore thing because I have tons of people on my friends list that have actually played self found hardcore even since last year and not once have I ever heard them complain that they want or need a seperate mode. I've had 2 self found hardcore guys that reaced p26 and p14 before they died and never once did I think I needed a seperate mode for recognition or whatever. I was having too much fun playing self found to even think about needing or wanting a SF mode.
Reply Quote
I'll still buy the expansion but hope Blizzard does eventually take action. There are three classes in this game:

- Upper Class: Uses trading and/or Auction Houses to mostly gear their characters;

- Middle Class: Does a little of both what Upper and Lower Classes do; and

- Lower Class: Doesn't use Auction Houses and does little to no trading to gear characters.

The Lower Class can't play with the Upper Class anyway so should have a separate Self-found Mode or Realm on which to play.

That's more like a problem with MP difficulty vs equip.

Problem occur when player entered a public game where their equip didn't match the difficulty.

1. Players that's under geared try to join a higher MP, thus becoming a burden for the other players in party and eventually ridiculed.

2. Players that's over geared join a lower MP, one shotting everything, thus ruining the other players fun.

They way I see it, Blizzard need to give warning when players try to choose an MP that's way higher than his capability, and nerf players that join lower MP, thus reducing bots.
Reply Quote
I'll still buy the expansion but hope Blizzard does eventually take action. There are three classes in this game:

- Upper Class: Uses trading and/or Auction Houses to mostly gear their characters;

- Middle Class: Does a little of both what Upper and Lower Classes do; and

- Lower Class: Doesn't use Auction Houses and does little to no trading to gear characters.

The Lower Class can't play with the Upper Class anyway so should have a separate Self-found Mode or Realm on which to play.

Problem occur when player entered a public game where their equip didn't match the difficulty.

1. Players that's under geared try to join a higher MP, thus becoming a burden for the other players in party and eventually ridiculed.

2. Players that's over geared join a lower MP, one shotting everything, thus ruining the other players fun.

They way I see it, Blizzard need to give warning when players try to choose an MP that's way higher than his capability, and nerf players that join lower MP, thus reducing bots.

So if I want to play with my friend and help him out I should be penalized because I have decent gear? If people don't like the people's play style in public games you just leave the game, play with other people, easy. Co-op is for playing with friends cooperatively, it's not required. If someone isn't being cooperative, vote kick or leave. Or just finish the run and move on, it's really not that big of a deal.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 8/23/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

So if I want to play with my friend and help him out I should be penalized because I have decent gear? If people don't like the people's play style in public games you just leave the game, play with other people, easy. Co-op is for playing with friends cooperatively, it's not required. If someone isn't being cooperative, vote kick or leave. Or just finish the run and move on, it's really not that big of a deal.

*shrug* two players always better than one, even if your gear is adapted to lower MP, you will still help your friend. You won;t be able to power level him, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]