Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

(Locked)

Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

Just do this, it will harm nobody.

Thousands... if that was true your thread would have maxed out by now. So your wrong! If you want the WOW effect go play WOW. This is not an MMO its an ARPG. You do not need any mode or recognition to be self-found. If your-self found then the only thing that matters is that you know that you are, then you can pat your self on the back. Your right my method will harm no one (you even get pats on your own back!), but your method would. Why, thats because blizzard would have to spend money on resources to make it, so your harming blizzard.

Lets put self found in "REAL" context since thats what self found is all about.

1) You self-found the money that you used to buy your computer.
2) You self-found the money that you used to buy D3.
3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
4) You self found the money to pay rent every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
6) You self-found your gaming video card, gaming mouse and/or keyboard.
7) You self-found your money to pay for electricity.
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

BTW if you kept up with your reading you would realize that your self-found mode was made it was ported to the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one. There is no AH so you can self-found it all you want. There is also an offline mode so you can self-found alone all you want! Go play that if you truly want to enjoy a "fake" self-found mode even-though you cant say yes to anything above.
07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.
Where is your source on this? Dont go acting like you speak for the community when in fact you dont.
View profile
So sick of this. Ya know, I play SF HC but you don't hear me demanding a separate mode for it.

If you want to play with self imposed restrictions, have some self discipline and just do it already.

The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.

Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.

Thousands... if that was true your thread would have maxed out by now. So your wrong! If you want the WOW effect go play WOW. This is not an MMO its an ARPG. You do not need any mode or recognition to be self-found. If your-self found then the only thing that matters is that you know that you are, then you can pat your self on the back. Your right my method will harm no one (you even get pats on your own back!), but your method would. Why, thats because blizzard would have to spend money on resources to make it, so your harming blizzard.

3) You continue to self-found the money every day just to pay your internet bill every month.
5) Your self-found methods are grabbing cans, and turning them into cash (not working a job that is not self-found).
8) You self-found every item in d3 and have 0 Transactions on the Auction House.

If you cant say yes to all this then you need to Self-Find your way off D3 and these Forums you self-found wannabe, when your truly not self-found. Instead your just trolling these forums talking about how much you want to be self-found, yet you contradict yourself since you haven't been self-found at all in your life.

BTW if you kept up with your reading you would realize that your self-found mode was made it was ported to the Ps3/Ps4 and xbox one. There is no AH so you can self-found it all you want. There is also an offline mode so you can self-found alone all you want! Go play that if you truly want to enjoy a "fake" self-found mode even-though you cant say yes to anything above.
Best post of the day by FAR.
08/23/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Jt3z
Where is your source on this? Dont go acting like you speak for the community when in fact you dont.

In this he's probably right, J3tz.

There are probably thousands of people that want SF mode and will refuse to buy expansion.

Problem is.

Out of 16,5 millions sold, or 2 millions players still playing, thousands are just meh.

200.000 = 10% x 2 millions
20.000 = 1% x 2 millions
10.000 = 0.5% x 2 millions

let say, your several thousand is 9.999 people, it's simply a mere 0.5% of people still playing. why should blizzard allocate resource for such minority.

@OP, i can understand why you hate AH/RMAH. You're not really good with number aren't you ?
08/23/2013 10:19 PMPosted by EchoingFury

In this he's probably right, J3tz.

There are probably thousands of people that want SF mode and will refuse to buy expansion.

Problem is.

Out of 16,5 millions sold, or 2 millions players still playing, thousands are just meh.

200.000 = 10% x 2 millions
20.000 = 1% x 2 millions
10.000 = 0.5% x 2 millions

let say, your several thousand is 9.999 people, it's simply a mere 0.5% of people still playing. why should blizzard allocate resource for such minority.

@OP, i can understand why you hate AH/RMAH. You're not really good with number aren't you ?
Im just tired of people acting like they speak for everyone, when in fact they dont at all.
Those opining for SF seem like such a small portion of the player base that it seems irrelevant to even seriously considering implementing it. Though it's apparent there are many SF proponents, their main problems are the loot system and the AH/RMAH.

I think just about everybody would prefer to have loot drop for free rather than have to spend millions of gold on it. At least I know I would, but that's not how Diablo works. The reason it's far more noticeable in D3 is because of the game's design, which currently rewards only certain pieces of gear that just about every player in each class shoots for. That's not how D2 worked. Build and item customizations were far more lucrative.

I don't think Blizz will implement a purely SF mode. If they were going to do that, why would they be implementing Loot 2.0 gamewide? It's time to accept that, and if it bothers you, then this game isn't for you. If you want designated loot, go play WoW.
There is already a self found mode. Don't trade with anyone or use the AH and you are self found. We don't need a mode for that, it's already here. Who are people trying to impress anyway. If you are self found and you know that you are, than that all that matters. Me personally I like the AH. I would be weak as hell without it. I never bought a piece of gear from the AH unless I found one firs (just used my gold to upgrade my gear). Thank god for the AH, because I always find sets and legendaries with wasted stats.
Guide to playing Self found mode.

1) Create character
2)DON'T CLICK THE AH BUTTON
3)Log into game
4) PLAY
5) Log off
6) DON'T CLICK THE AH BUTTON
7) Exit the client.

Congrats you are in self found mode.
Just follow those exact instructions and you will be fine.
Edited by Minmataro#1762 on 8/23/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Minmataro is right...follow his instructions and you'll be in self found mode. For those of you who are stating you won't buy RoS without a separate "Self Found" mode...feel sorry for you guys. You'll be missing out. I will do this when it's released. Hunt for loot...find loot...sell loot on the AH...buy the best loot I can afford.
08/23/2013 11:02 PMPosted by kdimatt
Minmataro is right...follow his instructions and you'll be in self found mode. For those of you who are stating you won't buy RoS without a separate "Self Found" mode...feel sorry for you guys. You'll be missing out. I will do this when it's released. Hunt for loot...find loot...sell loot on the AH...buy the best loot I can afford.

They wont... they will continue to cry on these forums.
The real reason they want a self found mode is that they are jealous of other players that use the AH.
THey join a pub game and see some player with 1/4 the play time with double the Dps and it makes them upset. Or they simply lack the self control not to give in to the AH.

.. while i dislike self proclaimed spokeperson,
... while I also dislike politician wannabe that pull stat out of thin air (50 Euros and 99.9%)

This guy request actually not that bad. The SF modes demanded are pretty variative from simple sticker up to total separate server with modified loot, which considering how much time blizzard spend for loot 2.0, will be a total resources drain.

What OP wanted is just a label/hint in character menu that show his character is self found. this label will be removed if he use the AH or trade with other character.

It's a pretty simple demand, like virginity sticker or whatever.
Edited by EchoingFury#1733 on 8/23/2013 11:18 PM PDT

Best post of the day by FAR.

Agreed.

That is such a gross exaggeration it's not even funny. I'm a fairly decent monk and I've never spent a single dime beyond the initial $60 purchase price of this game, and beyond that, I have multiple people on my friends list between 250-300k unbuffed DPS, and I've talked to them, none of them have ever spent money on this game. Hell, the one guy I play with the most is in the top 200 for Unbuffed DPS for Archon Wizards(like..390-400k dps unbuffed, maybe higher), and I know for a fact he's never spent a dime either.

Also, I love how you try to speak for "Thousands of players", saying none of the people that want self-found are going to buy the expansion.
I won't buy the expansion if they don't add more slots for the stash, if they are going to give us a new character to play we are going to need more space for gear, 3 slots already isn't enough space.

You will buy it whether that happens or not.

I reported you for trolling. It doesn't matter though, looks like thousands of people did the same thing.
Few points:

Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the expansion, if there is no self-found mode.

Based on what facts?

07/01/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Overseer
read my post again, its about recognition and motivation.

Recognition for what? What kind motivation do you want to get? What i see is all people who wants exclusive mode for themselves just an attention seeker.

3. The current itemization is very bad, so if you selfies have a better gear its only pure RNG luck.

4. Self found is one from few options "how do you want to play this game". If you want to play d3 just like that, its ok no one will stop you. But whining in the forum? Really?? Have you ever heard about purist challange or anything? They don't ask Blizzard to make their own server to make that happen.

5. Do you know in RoS some legendary drops will be tagged as BoA?

6. Lastly,
yes, its just a little mode, and it is implemented in 1 workday for a programmer, tested in 1 week by the quality team.

Then all these "0.2%" guys like me will stop :) and all are happy.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one"
You will buy it whether that happens or not.

I reported you for trolling. It doesn't matter though, looks like thousands of people did the same thing.

No he wont, we also and others SF, but dont worry Ironborn mode gonna happen sooner or later :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]