Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

(Locked)

If you are not satisfied with a product, don't buy it.

Since when were we forced to buy the XPAC or any products if we were not satisfied with the initial one?

It's just a warning to blizzard, and they have to care because they need our $$.

And with the sf-"mode", there is a last hope in D3, i dont give it up yet.
If you have a company that listens to suggestions to improve gameplay then submit your ideas. The worst thing that can happen is they say no. The more people hate on the players that don't use trading/auction houses to play in a loot drop game, the more Blizzard is seeing that we have a very valid point.
07/01/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Garthandal
What a load of crap. We ALL want Blizzard to make the game better for everyone. Give your head a shake, dude.
B.S. All you do is cry for your little mode instead of actual improvements to make the game better for EVERYONE. You don't post in LFG to find SF players to group with you just stomp your feet and demand what you want. What about the things other people think are important? Ladder, PVP arena, itemization and character progression are all way more important than some "mode" .2% of the playerbase is even remotely interested in.

I've been lobbying for those other things and supporting those types of threads since the beginning. Get a grip
If you are even remotely serious about self found I suggest starting over completely or as close to it as you can without buying another copy of this game. Kind of like anyone with two brain cells to rub together would. Give away all of your non self found gold and gear. Then from that point on just play self found and quit filling the forums with this utter and completely futile exercise in stupidity. If you want to have it both ways then I suggest you learn how to use a calculator and keep track of your gold income instead.

Either play hardcore and go pure self found (like most of us who are interested in that play style) or manipulate your current soft core account and quit asking for some sort of nonsensical special treatment. The only thing keeping self found from being practical is itemization and the crap RNG this game has when it comes to item rolls. The AH gives you an option to circumvent how much this games gear grind absolutely sucks worse than any example from any other game in history. The best part about the AH is you never have to use it if you choose not to. If you are really all about self found then it should be very simple what you should do and I even took the time to explain it for you.

You people seem to be the dumbest demographic of D3 players ever to exist because the simple steps you could take on your own you could either not think of, are unwillingly to even go through with or bother trying.

Quit spreading the stupid for the love of whatever deity you might worship or lack there of and spare us the nausea .

+1

Get used to it or don't read. Enjoy.
Here's the problem, unless Blizzard abandons the RMAH...you will never EVER get this label. They don't want players who purchase/trade to receive the flame/hate from other players that WOULD 100% occur and quite frankly, Blizzard cares more about the people willing to drop much more $ into their game than a person who only puts in $60.

Also in my opinion, there is much better ways to implement recognition such as improving PvP, adding in ladder races of varied lengths(from hours to day to weeks to months), horde mode and more!

Lastly, when you say self mode...does that mean you want all items to be BoA/trading removed? If you didn't do that, people would still use 3rd party sites to purchase gear.
If you are not satisfied with a product, don't buy it.

Since when were we forced to buy the XPAC or any products if we were not satisfied with the initial one?

It's just a warning to blizzard, and they have to care because they need our $$.

And with the sf-"mode", there is a last hope in D3, i dont give it up yet.

SF, last hope? Itemization is more likely to be their last hope than SF.
07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it
Troll more please.
Here's the problem, unless Blizzard abandons the RMAH...you will never EVER get this label. They don't want players who purchase/trade to receive the flame/hate from other players that WOULD 100% occur and quite frankly, Blizzard cares more about the people willing to drop much more $ into their game than a person who only puts in $60.

Also in my opinion, there is much better ways to implement recognition such as improving PvP, adding in ladder races of varied lengths(from hours to day to weeks to months), horde mode and more!

Lastly, when you say self mode...does that mean you want all items to be BoA/trading removed? If you didn't do that, people would still use 3rd party sites to purchase gear.

I mean that you can only trade between your charactars. I think thats the same as "account bound" ?

Ofc, all players, who want to use (RM)AH can use it, there is no restriction. Only that the self found players are marked in the profile.

If this were true either there would be no hardcore mode or you would see the RMAH in hardcore

All good ideas that should be added to the game. Adding one option does not mean thay can not add a second, third or forth option as well; or do you think Blizzard should just pick one so they don't waste their time on the others.

Several options.
1.) Don't worry about it. While there would be some cheaters I think the type of people who select SF mode are less likely to cheat. Otherwise why select SF mode to start with. (Not my ideal choice.)

2) Do as you suggest and make everything BoA in SF mode. (Works but I like option 3 better.)

3) Allow trading but when you select 'Leave Game' everything in your inventory becomes BoA. This will allow trading items within a group that has played together but prevent third party sites from selling gear.
Ugh. As someone who loves and supports the idea of a self found mode, it's arguments like this that keep this discussion from gaining positive traction. The recognition argument just makes people sound childish.

The only way I'd like to see a self found mode is if it was on separate servers where I can play only with other self found players. That way the games aren't flooded with people who have uber builds bought straight from the AH and the joy of finding and upgrade lasts a bit longer.

I don't care about recognition, and threatening to not buy the expansion until you get it will get this whole situation absolutely nowhere.
Edited by Megalomathew#1519 on 7/1/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Hello Blizzard, I won't buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.The reason: Every item is worth NOTHING. Everyone can get a perfect char for 50 Euros RMAH or Bot farming Gold. There is no WOW effect, when i see a character with a good item, because he 99,9% just bought it.Just a hint in the character menu, that a player is self found, would be enough. I would say "WOW", when i see a self found player with perfect items. Also i get more recognation by myself when i get some good item.Just do this, it will harm nobody.

Here I fixed this for you.. read above...
Ugh. As someone who loves and supports the idea of a self found mode, it's arguments like this that keep this discussion from gaining positive traction. The recognition argument just makes people sound childish.

The only way I'd like to see a self found mode is if it was on separate servers where I can play only with other self found players. That way the games aren't flooded with people who have uber builds bought straight from the AH and the joy of finding and upgrade lasts a bit longer.

I don't care about recognition, and threatening to not buy the expansion until you get it will get this whole situation absolutely nowhere.

I think that arguing against recognition, but demanding your own servers, may be something of a mixed message. Still, kudos for trying to raise the level of discourse.
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 7/1/2013 12:47 PM PDT
07/01/2013 12:27 PMPosted by FluffyDucky
If this were true either there would be no hardcore mode or you would see the RMAH in hardcore

False. Death is permanent in HC and their servers are highly unstable. This would be viewed as worse than gambling and believe, Blizzard wants nothing to do with the possible issues that would come from thousands of dollars being flushed down the drain when the servers crash.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]