Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

Why should I spend the money to buy a console and then spend an additional $60 to get the same game?

I have more faith in Blizzard and hope they will upgrade the PC version of Diablo 3 to match the consoles. There will always be people who play Softcore and will support the RMAH so this won't be a incorporating SF won't be a big issue to them.

Because you want to play THAT game. The PC game is what it is... if you want to play THE game you are describing then you need to go buy THAT game... and if you don't have a console to play it then obviously you would need to buy a console.

takes a lot to get on my ignore list but after many days, many posts, and much thinking. Success. You win!

Those analogies are just awful... you can't argue otherwise.
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 7/1/2013 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If you want the "Self-Found" Mode then you can go spend $60 for the game on the ps3. Thats pretty much the only place you will ever get it. Blizzard would make $0 on developing a self-found mode. So it costs them money. The CEO would laugh at that idea, and say "buy the ps3 version". as for "it will harm no one". Thats not true, it harms blizzard since there spending money on a feature that makes them no money. So yes, its harming blizzard.

Why should I spend the money to buy a console and then spend an additional $60 to get the same game?

I have more faith in Blizzard and hope they will upgrade the PC version of Diablo 3 to match the consoles. There will always be people who play Softcore and will support the RMAH so this won't be a incorporating SF won't be a big issue to them.

You just don't get it do you. How old are you? The world is in a great depression, companies are milking everything just to stay alive. Although blizzard made millions i bet they need that money to just stay aflout though the world's issues.

Since the world is moving slow, all companies are out to make money. Do farmers work for free? Would it benefit them to lower milk prices and pay for there own gas?

No, it would not. Thats because there loosing money. Same goes for blizzard. They can support the console version since they will be getting paid for it. Blizzard already got there millions last year for d3, that money is long gone and not included in there budgets anymore. They will not make a self-found mode when it costs them money to pay workers to create it. If that self-found mode had a way to make money they would, but the whole idea behind it is to suppress all purchase options which makes them no money and only takes money from there pockets in the development of it. Then they have to test it and hope to not screw up like patch 1.08 (dupe fiasco).

You can continue to live in your dream world. Reality hurts, but its probably time that you wake up and live in it. If you were the CEO would you really pay hundreds of thousands of $$ just to make a few people happy? Of course not. Its not a tax write off either.

Blizzard donating money to a charity would have much greater chance of actually happening than a self found mode showing up in the PC version of diablo 3.
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 7/1/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow...

07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

reliable source?

07/01/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Overseer
This decreases the fun and motivation for most of the players.

again, how do you know it will decrease fun + motivation for most players? Can you read minds across wi-fi and dsl lines?

Well, that and you're going to be waiting a long time for the next patch, let alone any possible expansion pack(s):

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1578-no-major-content-patch-is-in-development-for-diablo-iii

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-future-of-diablo-3-fansite-summit-mega-report

The first source cannot confirm there will be no patch at all, only that there will not be a big one. the second is pure speculation.

07/01/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Sjippie
You can farm for days without ANY upgrade for any of your chars. Not even for those that just hit inferno! BORING!!!!

If you buy all the items for your char right when it hits 60, yeah.

07/01/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Snelephant
Stopped playing and won't play again without self found mode

did d2 have a self found mode? :)

07/01/2013 10:44 AMPosted by PrivateRiem
If the AH wasn't so much of a requirement,

explain how its a requirement.

07/01/2013 10:44 AMPosted by PrivateRiem
you're forced to use the AH to progress.

progress to what point? diablo inferno? early on I managed to kill diablo sf, so.... what more progress do you need? grinding and grinding for +5hp or dps?
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 01:38 PMPosted by rambuster
How old are you?

Why is my age important?

No, it would not. Thats because there loosing money.

"they're losing" not "there loosing"

Maybe a fair question is to ask your age and education level; see what I did there?

If you were the CEO would you really pay hundreds of thousands of $$ just to make a few people happy? Of course not. Its not a tax write off either.

- Then explain why Blizzard is still supporting online play for a 17 year old Diablo?
- Explain why a company that made huge amounts of money on Diablo 2 and LOD have for the last 12 years provided support and many, many patches and upgrades?

Deep down the people who made Diablo 3 with their heart and soul, and although not perfect in everyone's eyes, they are continuing to improve it and make it a better game.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 12:52 PMPosted by familia
I'm certain everyone who supports this play-style want an environment free from the AH. Sounds a lot like DII, doesn't it? I thought the LOD fanboys would be all over this.

Not quite true. I support Self-found because it's 100% sure that the mode requires to do things in the anti-real-money trading way for it to work. The reason why I support it is that I'm against real money trading since we already have a lot of things to do with real money in real life. I don't want it to take part of my gaming experience and ruin the fun.

Frankly, I'm not a self-founder myself but I'll support Self Found for this very reason since it opens a new hope to fighting Real-money Trading that might taint or already had tainted the gaming industry.

Play nice and play fair in a money-free environment.

I used to play FF11 and I had a great time playing it.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/04/23/the-final-fantasy-xi-anti-rmt-task-force-strikes-back/
I believe anti-RMT is the first step to make a great and successful, enjoyable game.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 10:09 AMPosted by GoodDay2Die
The best part about the AH is you never have to use it if you choose not to.

If that's the best part about it, then maybe it shouldn't be in the game.

07/01/2013 12:55 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I don't know any LOD fanboy who is staunchly against the AH.

*raises hand* LOD fanboy here. AH sucks.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Sjippie
Currently, this game is all about gold farming and trading. There is no item hunt!

Working as intended, according to the AH tycoons. "Diablo has _always_ been about trading!"
Reply Quote

Casuals and newbies really will never understand how pointless a SF mode is. The only reason why "the joy of finding and upgrade lasts a bit longer" for you guys is you don't play the game much. When you hit 400 hours, SF mode is dead. Then what?

I'm certain everyone who supports this play-style want an environment free from the AH. Sounds a lot like DII, doesn't it? I thought the LOD fanboys would be all over this.

They would be all over it. Sadly, most of the true Diablo fans and fanboys left this game long ago in favor of PoE & others due to the centralized AH addition and flipping nature of D3. Not many of us left now.

With the new MoP, the word would get out and perhaps many would return.
Reply Quote
how about a counter to show # of legendaries found, traded, sold
Reply Quote
I wonder how many people were against the Auction House months ago and if those people are saying self found is a good idea or bad idea, I guess there is no real way to tell.

Anyways I will buy the xpac regardless of a self found mode being available for play, lets just hope we dont have to rely on using the auction house to have a badass toon.
Reply Quote
I guess then they will not be missing your $40, which is what I think that the expansion will cost if it is anything like WoW's expansions.

Look adding in self found will be a waste of time and effort. More so after loot 2.0 and the expansion. I expect the loot to be better than D2's loot system after D3's first expansion. IMO it has to be better or this game will not last 10+ years like D2. Now answer this question, did we need a self found mode in D2? Even though trading in D2 was still the most efficient way to get your gear. As far as I know the majority were self found, only a few players traded for higher end gear.

I believe in time the majority of us will be self found so a self found mode will be moot at the point.
Reply Quote
Hates RMT....buys game with well advertised RMAH.

Alrighty then...

Just...take your crusade elsewhere....

Yeah I know, I was blind. I bought the game purely because D2 was awesome. Blame me for being stupid back then. And I won't make the same mistake again; I will never, ever buy the expansion or whatever come next after Diablo 3, this game.
Reply Quote
Every item is worth NOTHING

I think you have an oxymoron here. Isn't self found about playing with whatever you find? Why would you care about item economic value if all you're equipping is whatever you find? And why do you mind if other people swipe around dual credit cards for their gear? If you have some like minded friends, why not gather them in your friendlist and playing with them instead of allowing filthy AH users to pollute your experience with their illegitimate characters? If you don't, what prevents you from heading over to the LFG forums and trying to make some connection with other self fund folks?

The game has enough critical flaws as it is as to have the devs concerned about giving away little star stamps on people's hands just for choosing to play the game differently.

To put things into perspective:
http://imgur.com/nClDzrm

Yes, this is how you guys look like.
Reply Quote
When I play Diablo 3 I like to click all the buttons on my action bar. I've even gone as far as disconnecting my keyboard after logging in.

I and thousands of other players* refuse to buy the expansion until there is some form of recognition for our preferred keyboardless playstyle. Just a character portrait or icon would do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]