Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

(Locked)

people misunderstand this 100%. making a found only server will do absoluteely nothing when you find garbage all day every day. a RMAH server and GAH server would make more sense. for Hc and Sc
07/01/2013 06:16 AMPosted by Therapeutic
This is a joke, right? Items are worth exactly what someone thinks they are worth. And if it won't hurt nobody, how many are there now gloating about being "self found" can you imagine what people will be like if something of that caliber happens? Now you will have even more annoyance than the "I am a h/c player, I am better than you".

For the record, I am an HC player, and I am better than you because of it.
07/02/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Zagunsda
This is a joke, right? Items are worth exactly what someone thinks they are worth. And if it won't hurt nobody, how many are there now gloating about being "self found" can you imagine what people will be like if something of that caliber happens? Now you will have even more annoyance than the "I am a h/c player, I am better than you".

For the record, I am an HC player, and I am better than you because of it.

I dig this. ^ Self-found mode is for lamers and I don't want it to even be an option on any game I play.
View profile
07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

07/01/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Overseer
Its only about recognition. Every player, who plays d3 and gets a good item, want to show this item off.

Geez, another person who speaks for all. Where exactly have you found your empirical data to back this up? What, no proof other than anecdotal ? Thought so...
07/01/2013 06:16 AMPosted by Therapeutic

this is not true. AH directly decreases to value of a "decent" item to 0 because everyone will only aim and search for the best item a slot can give. this is true for any game with a cash shop/auction house/etc. a player with billions wont bother to waste time trying sell a half decent item when players are looking ONLY for the best items.

with self found the value of each item is very high because there is no AH to magically give you the best items in the game.

if AH didnt exist and only self found exited then the respect and admiration you would get for having extremely high end gear would be very high. but in this game, since AH exist and u can buy a perfect hero for under $100 makes it no different from the cash shops of free to play/buy to win MMOs. you get no respect because its to easy to swipe ur CC and get the best gear in game. that is why AH is toxic for not only this game, but any game with a similiar buy to win system.
Edited by Ballistixz#1552 on 7/2/2013 8:26 AM PDT
View profile
Idea is ok but I'd prefer if instead (or in addition) it showed this against each item you have not the player as a whole.

What if 99% of your stuff is self-found but you bought a few gems or a few items. Should still get credit for the ones you did find yourself.
LOL.

Self mode = self importance = selfish.
a RMAH server and GAH server would make more sense. for Hc and Sc

Won`t drop rates and item quality would be the same on both? Also, separating GAH items from RMAH items would be a nightmare at this point.
I, and probably 1000s of others WILL buy the expansion, because we can. Whether it has a SF mode or not. Which quite frankly is a pointless idea. No other version of the game had a self found option. Why should this one?

Oh, because people are jealous of those with better gear because they used the AH in some fashion. Boo Hoo.

I have found the occasional good gear from drops. Just find more options on the AH is all. Big deal.

You want to do self found. Fine. Commit yourself to doing self found. Why do you feel the need to have Bliz hold your hand and make sure you don't break your own game? Oh because people will want to cheat and blah blah blah. Go figure. I would rather have the developers concentrate on more important issues, not worry about coding in a way for you to strut around going "wooo look at me with my big boy pants that I found myself in the game"

Basically that is what I get out of this whole thing. And I have said this before someplace (I think the thread got deleted) but I NOT against the idea of self found. I just think that its low on the list of priorities. Some of the other problems need addressed before we worry about that sort of thing. That's all I'm saying.
The problem is items are so bad that people feel compelled to use the auction house. Sad part is its taking them so long to fix arguably the most glaring and well known issue.
And people wonder why Diablo 2 was considered a trading game. Doh! lol
People that use RMAH will be mad though.
it is needed to weed out all the built up loopholes blizzard left in the game :(
OP just play your way and don't bother about the rest, if its cause you see stronger people in public games then play with your self found friends
"Me and thousands of other players"

You have a list the rest of us are not privy to? The only one you can count is yourself. Multiple personalities not included, that means 1.

This is almost as bad as the other 3 guys who spam this topic and say everyone wants it. But if you look back at all the posts and threads, 95% are from the same 3 guys.

Unfortunately we live in an age where the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So they will get their mode eventually. Soon I hope. Then we won't have to scroll through all the SF QQ'ng.

Not trying to be a jerk but, this topic is beyond done.
You can do self found. Not sure what your issue is. How about do this? Make a character, name it self found, profit. Or at least profit how you want to play the game. Which guess what? You can play it that way.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]