Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

"Self-found recognition" won't be necessary if they could fix itemization. Most of the players would go self-found and these people who feel entitled won't be so special.

And luck ain't skill so if you go self-found and you find good things, you're just lucky. Not a pro. Maybe a pro for being patient. Counterstrike takes skill to be good. Or starcraft. But not Diablo 3. Or being self-found for that matter.
Reply Quote
Ya Blizzard just put a little QQ next to the players tag and we will know they are self found, very simple :)
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:50 AMPosted by MadSkilled
people misunderstand this 100%. making a found only server will do absoluteely nothing when you find garbage all day every day. a RMAH server and GAH server would make more sense. for Hc and Sc

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that won't fix the problem either. Itemization is flawed at it's core simply because there are no gearing options and a single path to gear your character properly, when ARPGs inherent replayability comes precisely from character diversity and decent amounts of gearing options. The AH's excessive prevalence is just a symptom of the real problem. People are forced to resource to the AH because D3 has an incredibly (and even excessively) randomized system with very little positive outcomes, making 99% of the loot you'll ever find pretty much garbage. Wanna go self found? Fantastic! you just made that 99% turn into a whooping 95%! At least till you meet the inevitable gear brickwall everyone is bound to hit one way or another as a product of this incredibly sloppy (though quite profitable for Blizzard) system that's completely detrimental to the compelling item hunting experience Diablo is meant to be.

Let's assume for a moment the auction houses are shut down. How exactly does this fix that critical flaw? How does this fix the awfully linear and boring itemization, completely incompatible with the ARPG genre? That won't fix the other half of the problem either: the absolute lack of actual character customization. Do you honestly believe shutting down the auction houses will magically make your generic FOTM WW barbarian any different than any other generic FOTM WW barbarian?
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 7/2/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I won't buy the expansion for many reasons, self found mode isn't one of them.

- No offline mode is #1. I absolutely will not play hardcore when it is online only. NEVER.
- terrible stats on gear design. Prohibits more interesting equipping of my character if I am more concerned with making the character's stats higher.
- terrible creature attribute design ( jailer + horde+ frozen + invulnerable minions was NOT fun to fight )
- linear exploration paths ( I hate knowing exactly where to go what happened to the random maps?)
- Auction House = nothing drops
- lack of exploration/experimentation of character builds. It is all cookie cutter and everyone uses the same stuff. I miss my melee sorc of Diablo 2
Reply Quote
this is stupid, just play the damn game. Who cares if you bought it or not? if you want to be self found dont use the auction house, its really simple
Reply Quote
I don't play much anymore. A few hours a week at most (mostly when I'm really bored). Only real thing to do is farm gold to buy items which in return = NO FUN.
Reply Quote
Overall I hear what some are saying yet two things i find..

You guys want a game that does stuff that other games do that you seem to enjoy playing, so get off the forums and go play those games..

Secondly...stop being jealous of others, if somebody used the RMAH to pay for an item, that is their money and their choice..you have the choice to do the same thing...if not then...well stop griping..
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
OP needs to stop crying. No one cares if your not coming for the expansion.

No one gives a flying * that i'm not buying it. Your reason is just stupid.
Edited by NewThreat#1840 on 7/2/2013 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
i told everyone and made alot of post about this and about the auction house while D3 was still a beta and everyone told me to go F* myself and it wouldnt harm D3.

Jokes on you now.

I play self-found since the start.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
i told everyone and made alot of post about this and about the auction house while D3 was still a beta and everyone told me to go F* myself and it wouldnt harm D3.

Jokes on you now.

I play self-found since the start.

NO ONE CARES.
Reply Quote
OP got this completely right.

Everyone wants to show off and get recognition.

Like it or not that is the way this works.

I quit D3 after a month but patiently waiting for Blizzcon because I finally see some signs that this game could be what I wanted from it from day 1.

If self found league is in I will buy the xpack else gtfo.
Reply Quote
LOL.

Self mode = self importance = selfish.

QFT

/
/thread
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
- Auction House = nothing drops

This just makes me want to tear my hair out. The auction house as a trading mechanic has nothing to do with drop rates. Horrible itemization = nothing drops.

You damn fools would cut off a foot to cure a hang nail. It is shocking how you people so lack in critical thinking skills.

Everyone knows since day1, that there is a connection with the AH and the drop rates. Dont try to deny it.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Overseer
read my post again, its about recognition and motivation.

So basically you can't play any ARPG or HnS game without being recognized or motivated by self-found deeds that no one will care about....
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:56 AMPosted by KradisZ
read my post again, its about recognition and motivation.

So basically you can't play any ARPG or HnS game without being recognized or motivated by self-found deeds that no one will care about....

in a game like d3, where the AH dominates, i dont get motivated.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Overseer
in a game like d3, where the AH dominates, i dont get motivated.

that's like saying "people who know how to farm and trade/list on the marketplace dominate" i dont get motivated, that's pretty much, don't play any MMO game or any game that involves a high number of players that can infleunce one another via trade or some form of medium to exchange game items that help your character in such ways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]