Diablo® III

Wont buy Expansion without self mode

(Locked)

i think the problem is more like this:

lol, he used rmah.
rofl, he didn't find it himself, he only bought gold and then buy that via AH.
lmao, the mob dropped it but that wasn't the one you were keeping, you just sold the old one for real money and then bought another one when the price went down a bit.

an SF aficionado could still argue that's self found, now the case is that they self found it on the AH. zomg!
View profile
07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

Self-found mode already exists. It's called "Don't use the auction house, you moron!"
View profile
07/01/2013 06:39 AMPosted by PrivateRiem
The thing with self found is that we just need drops to be good enough to be able to play the game without the AH

You can already play the game without visiting the auction house. That's how countless people already play, and they're doing just fine.
08/23/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Overseer
I just wont buy it, when there is no self-found/no-ah/ladder / [however u call it] mode.

Bye-bye!
If it's you and thousands of others it's ok. Even if you are 500k. Out of 12m it's ok.
onestly i dont care if u buy or not the expansion

the relation with this game its between me and blizzard enterteinment

thats not even a topic. everyone does what he she wants regarding there relationsip with blizz.
Go live in the jungle if you want self found mode.
08/23/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Overseer
I just wont buy it, when there is no self-found/no-ah/ladder / [however u call it] mode.

That is the number of people who care (including your mother)
90 Human Hunter
Im glad you think you speak for thousands of players boy what a ego you have.
08/23/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Istow

this.

Although. considering there should be 2 millions players still playing D3, several thousand is meh.
08/23/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Istow

Well actually he probably does, but i think removing AH will make way more people angry... atleast me >:(
07/01/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Overseer
Hello Blizzard, me and thousands of other people wont buy the exansion, if there is no self-found mode.

My reasons can be a little different of what OP said, but in general terms - i'm agree, i will not buy expansion without self-found mode, not matter how good they plan to implement Paragon 2.0 and Loot 2.0
I guess if it is just a label it wouldn't hurt, but it literally accomplishes nothing whether you add it or not. It really doesn't matter how you get the items as long as you have them. The game would probably be better if you eliminated the auction house completely though. The easy trading with people you don't know ruins the diablo experience in a way. The point of the game is to find items yourself or trade with close friends. Buying them with ease ruins the progression curve completely. Especially when you can buy items with the affix "lower lvl requirement".

It does ruin the game for people who do not want to use it because the game is balanced around it existing. What ends up happening is one player clears all the content instantly regardless of the other 4 players in the game. When you have 1 or 2 players killing everything before you can do anything, it makes the game kinda suck. In this case lowering the options probably would improve the online aspect of the game.
Wtf is this? If you want to play self found, play self found, why do you want a mode for that?
Why aren't BoA crafted gear enough to show off your self found? BoA crafts is a pretty good indication to see how hard someone "worked" on their character, ofcourse you can be lucky but if all BoA crafted pieces are pretty good it should tell you something about a player.

For example when i see a player with 400k dps but with only 1 or 0 BoA gear and low amount of Elite Monsters Killed it rings a Bell for me.
View profile
08/23/2013 07:59 AMPosted by sachos345
Wtf is this? If you want to play self found, play self found, why do you want a mode for that?

E-peen envy, I guess. Some people apparently play games to impress others rather than for their own enjoyment, so the OP's concern is that when he finds a great item, it won't be "special" because somebody could buy something better on the auction house.

I know, it's stupid.
I'll still buy the expansion but hope Blizzard does eventually take action. There are three classes in this game:

- Upper Class: Uses trading and/or Auction Houses to mostly gear their characters;

- Middle Class: Does a little of both what Upper and Lower Classes do; and

- Lower Class: Doesn't use Auction Houses and does little to no trading to gear characters.

The Lower Class can't play with the Upper Class anyway so should have a separate Self-found Mode or Realm on which to play.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]