Diablo® III

Monster types

In diablo 2 after sometime, they changed the end part of act 5 to contain random mobs instead of the static types, so one time you would meet x and one time y and then another x,y and z. I was thinking if it could be possible, to make this happen but for the entire game, perhaps as a ticked option or soemthing like that? That way we would see way more of the monsters because they'd be everywhere, randomly generated, making the game much more random and fun :D

Sorry if this has been posted before!
Edited by algopeal#2303 on 7/3/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Alternate monster distribution has definitely been brought up before, and it's something we'd like to implement at some point. Wyatt Cheng talks specifically about it in this interview if you want to read more about his thoughts on the subject (and other ideas about Diablo III). If this feature (or one like it) gets implemented, it would likely take place at the same time that other large changes are made.
Reply Quote
Ah excellent, thanks a lot, this is a nice read! It's nice to know that only better and bolder things are to come for diablo 3!
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
Alternate monster distribution has definitely been brought up before, and it's something we'd like to implement at some point. Wyatt Cheng talks specifically about it in this [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#wyatt-open-world"]interview [/url]if you want to read more about his thoughts on the subject (and other ideas about Diablo III). If this feature (or one like it) gets implemented, it would likely take place at the same time that other large changes are made.

If this is done, can we have "Random events" not bound to a single/few locations? I would love it if "The Watch Tower" could spawn in any Highland map. I would love it if the Jar of Soul could spawn in any "Crypt-like area". (It would mean that it could spawn in the 2nd level (or maybe the first level!) of Decaying Crypt. The Family could spawn in the Defiled Crypt.

Add some randomization to the Random events :)
Reply Quote
The Act 2 bees approve this thread.
Reply Quote
a real map randomization would be even better. Dungeons should have 2, 3 , 4 or even 5 levels randomly and stuff. but someone would come up and tell us to shut up and go back to play d2 if you want this game to be d2 despite the fact that we want this game to be "better" than d2. Forums are full loads of bad guys that you can't hostile or cast laser beams at them while they love to do whirlwind and sprint on top of the innocent.
Reply Quote
I don't know if I want all monsters to appear in all areas of the game. The little quill beasts in act 4 doesn't jive with the environment so I'd like to avoid things like that.
Reply Quote
Please DONT implement this. it would not make any sense with themes of area's

please at the very least make it so we can turn this ON and OFF with an option much like monster power
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568991222#1
It DOES show serpents on the box art in ACT3!I think it would be great!
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 04:38 PMPosted by django
Alternate monster distribution has definitely been brought up before, and it's something we'd like to implement at some point.

Deja vu anyone?

According to the CMs everything has been talked about and they would like to implement pretty much everything.

Only problem is they don't.

They had a year and added a handful of potentially good items, and ID all button, uber-bosses that aren't uber and more monsters.
Oh and a crafting system that isn't crafting but gambling a.k.a. a waste of time as they weren't able to implement a drop rate of demonic essences that would make sense.

Can't wait to see the next "Yes, we have been talking about XY in the office alllll the time and we'd love to implement something like XY".
Reply Quote
According to the CMs everything has been talked about and they would like to implement pretty much everything.

Only problem is they don't.

They had a year and added a handful of potentially good items, and ID all button, uber-bosses that aren't uber and more monsters.
Oh and a crafting system that isn't crafting but gambling a.k.a. a waste of time as they weren't able to implement a drop rate of demonic essences that would make sense.

Can't wait to see the next "Yes, we have been talking about XY in the office alllll the time and we'd love to implement something like XY".

I wonder what the devs have been up to....

All we want is a fair game where your time input is worth something. If I play the game for 15 hours and don't get anything, is that fair?

I'm getting bored of these moron posts. Nobody wants that, we just want a fair rewarding system, period.

Oh boy, another one of these...

Son, listen carefully. Some of us actually don't have the time to play 10 hours a day just to find one decent item.

And do you know what I've heard? You can attain really good gear by using the auction house! Why that is, you ask? BECAUSE DROPS ARE HORRIBLE. Period.

Fixing other concerns of the community (those are yours if you didn't get that). When they fix one there's another.
Reply Quote
good to see lots of things being considered to be implimented. very exciting to see people using their imagination etc. unfortunately i kinda feel like d3 is in an arrested state. no forward moving and other than the grind, not much going on. there hasn't been a worthwhile patch out since 1.0.7. kinda feel like PC users have been tossed asside.
Reply Quote
There are different kinds of mobs in this game?

I only see lasers and ice balls.
Reply Quote
Alternate monster distribution has definitely been brought up before, and it's something we'd like to implement at some point. Wyatt Cheng talks specifically about it in this [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day#wyatt-open-world"]interview [/url]if you want to read more about his thoughts on the subject (and other ideas about Diablo III). If this feature (or one like it) gets implemented, it would likely take place at the same time that other large changes are made.

Something they want to do in the future.
Read about it in this blog (link).

CMs must have been given strict instructions to follow this template when posting on this forum. It sounds robotic.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 7/3/2013 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

After so many years of development, i assume everything under the sun has been "brought up", such as invisible pony toe dyes. How actually about doing something with those ideas instead?
Reply Quote
I'm really Happy to see that you Blizz think about that.
Just a few days ago I wrote that on the link between alternate monster distribution and "the ultimate goal of a endless dungeons" that you Blizzguys are trying to figure out:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377379744#1
It felt on the third page of the forum in less of an hour ^^ So much new topic created this times.
Reply Quote
and it's something we'd like to implement at some point
Reply Quote

I feel like I've seen this exact response before. Hmm... ah, yes. It's the same response used in ever CM post... ever!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]