Diablo® III

230k Base DPS, 4,100 armor, 59%CC, 477% CD

I just finished rebuilding/re-gearing my new WD and I included a website with precise stats on my build and items. I think he turned out pretty d*mn good considering several categories I'm ranked top 50 in the US, and with CC I believe Im ranked 18 WORLD-WIDE :-) I should also mention, Im a 0 pet build. But be runs mp10 like a boss even with only 3%LS and not Skorn like most in mp10.

Any input on changes I should make or items I should replace would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dfxdopey-1466/NERO/33983642

Thanks again!!! Dopey
LDR of the "Diablo's Finest" Guild.
Care to join? Add me on bnet: DFxDOPEY#1466
Reply Quote
View profile
Looking good bro!

Here's a tip: If you change to a marq ruby on manajuma knife...you gain +4,223.3 dps. It is free dps bro, so I'd take advantage of it if i were you
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 6/26/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well Brah your ehp is sub 500k which is a bit light IMO. Though your mitigation is very good.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 12:17 PMPosted by blackjack
Well Brah your ehp is sub 500k which is a bit light IMO. Though your mitigation is very good.

Well I have 530k EHP, and with my resists and armor I seem to be fine. Plus I'm a zero pet build which adds to the difficulty, although mp10 is my regular run difficulty.

And thanks for the mitigation props, I did my best with this char. to be able to outplay my PARA 93 Wiz and I DO! muahaha
Reply Quote
ALOT of wd dont use pet...nothing to brag about just saying.
Reply Quote

ALOT of wd dont use pet...nothing to brag about just saying.

Yea that confused me too.

OP has a cookie cutter optimal COB build.

My build, with pets, is non optimal....
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 6/26/2013 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You have a really good wd but there are a few things I would like to point out.

-Critical hit chance is not an important stat for WDs. We are the only class lacking skill that rely on crits. For any other class, rank 18 would be significant.

-According to D3up, you would gain over 4k dps with marq ruby in weapon.
http://d3up.com/b/805536

-No pickup radius. You should get 5+ pur for GF/GI passives.

-Too much allres. Once again this is a stat that is less important for WDs, all other classes have skills that buff allres by a %. While lacking a way to buff your allres total, WD Int buffing skills will increase your all res by several 100 when maxed.
You should probly get more hp instead of allres because the WD skillset uses maxhp frequently.
Reply Quote
Critical hit chance is not an important stat for WDs. We are the only class lacking skill that rely on crits. For any other class, rank 18 would be significant.

completely false for Skorn users.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Viss

Skorn users do need more crit because they lack from having no offhand. That doesnt mean we need super high crit to function optimally like a SNS wiz would.

@OP
I think you've built a really nice WD but there are three things that will help you do all four acts.
1) You need higher HP. You need to be able to sustain burst dmg vs hard hitters that will break your channel.
2) Using a MCK is not optimal when you only have the base zuni mana bonus. You need additional mana bonus on your mojo against high health or runner/ranged elites otherwise you will regularly go oom.
3) No PUR means GF is ineffective. You would have to break channel to pick up globes. Counter productive.
Edited by kurOsawa#2301 on 6/26/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Viss

Only the first sentence, the rest is complete fact. You are missing the important part stating that WDs have 0 skills that benefit from landing crits. Anyways dps is the important number. It just so happens that a skorn with marq emerald benefits in dps from cc greatly but cc should never be emphasized over dps.

06/26/2013 12:01 PMPosted by DFxDOPEY
Any input on changes I should make or items I should replace would be greatly appreciated!!!

My statements are in regard to his WD and make sense in general for wds.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 09:07 PMPosted by kurOsawa
Skorn users do need more crit because they lack from having no offhand. That doesnt mean we need super high crit to function optimally like a SNS wiz would.

i never said we need super high crit.
Reply Quote
@OP

You need pickup radius and more life.
Two big issues for a COB build.

Also, I think you have too much attack speed.
Could be just me though. Not a big fan of attack speed for a WD.
Then you have to resort to mana crutches on gear or abilities.
Reply Quote
no pickup radius is a bad WD.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 09:10 PMPosted by ImpKing
but cc should never be emphasized over dps.

you do realize that cc directly increases dps, and cd scales directly with cc..so why would you suggest having less cc?

true there are no builds that rely on cc for procs but theres no reason to aim for less cc.

i agree though that having some pur on one piece and high vit helps a lot. and i find AR has the largest diminishing returns after around 800 so anything over 800 is nice but probably not necessary.
Reply Quote
just finished mine too; stole a lot from my WIZ (bored of archon); I'm 220k unbuffed and 700k eHP.

...and never sacrifice CC for really anything! enough bad information sharing, thanks :P
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Phal
but cc should never be emphasized over dps.

you do realize that cc directly increases dps, and cd scales directly with cc..so why would you suggest having less cc?

true there are no builds that rely on cc for procs but theres no reason to aim for less cc.

i agree though that having some pur on one piece and high vit helps a lot. and i find AR has the largest diminishing returns after around 800 so anything over 800 is nice but probably not necessary.

not when 2 affordable items give the same dps, eg. a pox with 3cc or an average dmg pox with no cc, but both give same dps, always choose the average dmg one. thats what impking meant, and its right.
Reply Quote
@OP,

I don't see bears in your build, so a mana regen mojo will be much better than ZC reduction. Definitely choose a ruby for your MCK, it helps a ton for the low damage range (especially the black damage portion). At your current stats, a 12% Life from any piece will add >120 "Vit" worth of life. >60k life or near 65k life will be excellent.

Overall, excellent WD! We're proud of you.

@everyone else,
Impking and pBeybq definitely know much about the WD. There's no need to split hair with words. Impking made that statement in reference to the world #18 ranking in CHC, which is quite pointless for WDs since none of our skills benefit from critical hits. pBeybq suggested +ave damage over CHC to the OP because the MCK can have really low damage rolls, and the OP has extremely high CHC as allowance to "trade off" for higher damage range. As far as random number goes, there will be a string of crits and a string of non-crits, so balancing with Ruby and +average damage stats will stabilize game play.

I'd just like to clarify that MP10 is all about having a balanced approach. If your WD has low (say 30% CHC), then please get near to 50%. If your WD has world ranking CHC, then the extra CHC can be swapped for stats that give higher returns (maybe 30% to elites, 50% CHD, as examples). To get >50% CHC, the WD is probably a 1-hander, so CHC is in abundance while other stats may be lacking. If your WD is on the Skorn path, CHC is the best counterpart to pair with CHD. It does not mean that Ruby or +Average damage or SoJ is weak, it simply means that having lower CHC will not bring out the full potential of the CHD Skorn.

Hope things are clear now.

Edit: typo
Edited by PaulNg#6869 on 6/27/2013 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Listen girls, if you want a MP10 elite WD, just look at mine. Don't get all your panties dirty and leave the OP alone.

Edit: I plan to upgrade my rings and amulet at paragon 100 to hit 250K dps and 700K eHP (currently at 694K).

250K DPS (275K is possible with below stats, 300K is going to be very hard to achieve)
700K eHP (if you can jack this up to 800, more props to you)
4000 Armor (8000 w/ Frightening Aspect)
800 All Res (900 would get you closer to 800 eHP).
80K Life
24% MS (you can get by with just 12%, 24 is to show you're a real man)
7 Pickup (for a total of 10 with your base 3)
2.8 Life Steal.

Depending on your build and MH Weapon, you need to balance IAS. For me, the least amount of Attack Speed the better. 2 pieces of gear with 9% Attack Speed increase is perfect for both 1-Handed Mojo users and Skorn. But that's just what feels right for me and my builds.

This is what you want to aim for. Ahight!? Now go do it.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 6/27/2013 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 06:05 AMPosted by IPawnU
Listen girls, if you want a MP10 elite WD, just look at mine. Don't get all your panties dirty and leave the OP alone.

Wasnt aware anyone was picking on the OP but rather I think everyone was trying to help. Coming here and screaming "COPY ME!" is less helpful than the others have been
Reply Quote
View profile
06/27/2013 06:40 AMPosted by kurOsawa

Wasnt aware anyone was picking on the OP but rather I think everyone was trying to help. Coming here and screaming "COPY ME!" is less helpful than the others have been

Hey boss man...no one is screaming. I'm letting you know how f'ing awesome I am and that you can't be like me ok. So don't try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]