Diablo® III

"Itemization" should move us toward 100% class specific

I've long been on the side of defending the game. I've played off and on since release and I'm now starting to agree that some of the features of the game may have been short-sighted.

Having the AH to use allows you to get exactly what you need very quickly. Non-class specific gear can be shared amongst all characters, which is great at first, but in the long run makes it too easy to max yourself out, too quickly.

I think itemization should give huge boosts to the current class specific gear, and actually should go further. There should be iLvl 63 class-specific items for every class in every slot, even Amulets and Rings for all I care. And these class-specific items should have rolls that exceed that of the gear that can be shared. All of these class specics items should roll with main stat guarunteed.

By decreasing drop rates, and creating so many new items, it should extend the time that it takes for new BIS items to emerge.
Reply Quote
I'm now starting to agree that some of the features of the game may have been short-sighted.

Took you a quite while, buddy.... wtf man?!
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 05:58 PMPosted by NoxxPie
I'm now starting to agree that some of the features of the game may have been short-sighted.

Took you a quite while, buddy.... wtf man?!

Well, I rolled all 5 toons to level 60. took a break. Then repeated the process in Hardcore. 10 times through without focusing narrowly on 1 character meant that it probably took me 10x as long as everyone else to really hit a wall.

Edit: ...and I've never used RMAH
Edited by Didley#1646 on 6/27/2013 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Boots of the Herd

Once every 10 seconds if you cast a spell your group gets Run Like Wind
+ stats

"Cow King says, "Go." We mOOOOOOOve."

I wouldnt mind a cross class buff like this though. Make it so anyone can cast the barb team movespeed buff with a legend.
Reply Quote

Epic :-)
Reply Quote
Boots of the Herd

+ stats

I wouldnt mind a cross class buff like this though. Make it so anyone can cast the barb team movespeed buff with a legend.

I like it, as long as there are 5 different Boots. and how about they give skills instead.

Boots of Gloom: DH specific - Anyone within 10 yards occasionally gets Gloom for 5sec
Boots of The Berserker: Barb specific - Anyone within 10 yards occasionally gets WOTB
Boots of Serenity: Monk Specific - ''
Boots of The Archon: Wiz Specific - ''
Boots of Spirit Walk: Doc Specific - ''
Edited by Didley#1646 on 6/27/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Boots of the Herd

+ stats

I like it, as long as there are 5 different Boots. and how about they give skills instead.

Boots of Gloom: DH specific - Anyone within 10 yards occasionally gets Gloom for 5sec
Boots of The Berserker: Barb specific - Anyone within 10 yards occasionally gets WOTB
Boots of Serenity: Monk Specific - ''
Boots of The Archon: Wiz Specific - ''
Boots of Spirit Walk: Doc Specific - ''

I rather it just give the barb version so it buffs the whole groups movespeed and WW barbs can double up for Tornado and help the team.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think that it would be silly to make gear every slot that is wearable only by class x. That is something no Diablo game ever did.

What is needed is loot 2.0 and it will fix, at least I hope it will for Blizz's sake, itemization once and for all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]