Diablo® III

Mp10 reflect damage CoB 1hmojo.

One of the biggest hurdles I experience as a 1hmojo CoB WD in mp10 is reflect damage. I ran into a nasty string of elites during an act 2 run today and made a 16 minute clip.

http://www.twitch.tv/microfastsc2/c/2493724

Video starts in the vota on blazing gaurdians, reflect damage/plague.

2:20 Magewraiths, reflect damage.(the big tall guys that spin)
3:45 Shock gaurdians.

Then I'm off to the oasis.

6:50 Writhing deceivers.
7:16 Fallen masters, reflect damage.
8:25 Writhing deceivers, reflect damage. First death occurs here. It is quite strange because I spirit walk and instantly die.
10:04 Keywarden.
10:55 Serpent magus.
12:05 return to previously encountered rd writhing deceivers.
15:43 Writhing deceivers.
16:00 Goblin :P
Reply Quote
Out of those I have the most problem with blazing guardians. Very frustrating stuff but some nice kiting you did there. Guess top diamond random on SC2 helps in that respect :) Other annoying RF elites are extra health affix on inherently high health mobs, e.g. FoM beasts.

The majority of reflect packs are ok, even for 1H, given a decent level of mitigation, with some minimal kiting
Edited by kurOsawa#2301 on 6/29/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is why you run a Skorn and watch sports on another monitor. Much less work. I have a hard time playing this game any more unless I'm distracted.

I agree that the Blazing Guardians are the biggest pain in the backside; even more irritating than Reflect on them is Teleport. If Mass Confusion is on recharge or you don't bag them in the 12 seconds, the constant kiting is just maddening.
Reply Quote
ImpKIng,

Suggest you use Plague Bats instead of CoB.

PB plays much like bears. The differences are; PB less mana requirement, goes through walls, doesn't have range of bears, has a DoT effect but it is best to think of it as a poison flamethrower.

You're kiting anyway, and PB lends itself to that style of play. Plus you can throw and then move like bears.

I use PB and really like it. I don't like CoB because I feel like I'm doing nothing.

GL
Reply Quote
06/29/2013 04:03 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
I use PB and really like it.

welcome to the batty side! even if it isn't CoB =D
Reply Quote
Thanks Eremite. Been enjoying it.

Glad things are working out on your CoB build.
Reply Quote
ImpKIng,

Suggest you use Plague Bats instead of CoB.

PB plays much like bears. The differences are; PB less mana requirement, goes through walls, doesn't have range of bears, has a DoT effect but it is best to think of it as a poison flamethrower.

You're kiting anyway, and PB lends itself to that style of play. Plus you can throw and then move like bears.

I use PB and really like it. I don't like CoB because I feel like I'm doing nothing.

GL

I haven't played around with PB. I'll give it a try for sure. CoB isn't as great in a party unless it is with other CoB wds or 0dog. Partying with most anyone else hinders monsters pooling into the CoB toilet.

What I like about CoB is that I can wrangle up a nice size mob or mob with an elite then sw walk into the middle and let GI work its magic, sw and soul harvesting constantly.

I'm thinking that I'll want to use both. PB in most party situations, and CoB when solo or the party conditions are favorable. The Barbie/Monk "Echoingfeary" effect always bothered me a little bit but its especially problematic with the short range of CoB and my reliance on GI for mana.
Reply Quote
If you press and hold your PB button and then make a left or right movement with the mouse it will turn you and you will not break your PB stream.

Other than that, it's just business as usual with PB.

I think it has equivalent damage to bears or CoB. So experiment and have fun.
Reply Quote
less dmg i think sky from memory. And its a slower "ramp up in damage" than CoB does. PB is more a DoT skill far as i can see compared to CoB

I know my LS works better with CoB than PB personally, but some clarification from other plays would be nice.
Reply Quote
PB doesn't really play like a DoT.

Most CoB users would say CoB has more damage.

The two skills are a different mind set, have very different play styles, and are pretty much impossible to compare.
Reply Quote
Thanks Eremite. Been enjoying it.

Glad things are working out on your CoB build.

act 4 still giving me a nightmare. usually die 2-5 times a run. unless I give it my full concentration and play very safely then I can reduce it to 0-2 deaths average per run XD
Reply Quote
The problem to fight Blazing guardian elites with CoB is that they come with endogenous high resistance to fire dmg. I usually can tick 2m- 2.5m on CoB. But on blazing guardians, it only ticks around 700k. Once you get a nasty pack, the LS on 700k dmg ticks won't be enough to sustain particularly when they run around
Reply Quote
06/29/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Neuron
But on blazing guardians

Those are nasty no matter what build you have unless you are a friggging super tank they are bad ju-ju.
Reply Quote
For reflect packs, just switch to a Skorn. That's what I do and it works fine as long as you've got good AR and Armor.
Reply Quote
impking. you should know why.. you are running too low on all resist, and most importantly armor, run at over 4k armor, 800 all resist, with 3%LS, reflect pack shouldnt be a prob, other than the spikey hulk in hall 2, or tremors pack in keep 3(esp with hoard) or even the big mofo in act 4, those with 4 pilers leg, those fkers are pain in the !@#, i usually use a shield for them, other wise, at 4.1k armor, 840 all resist, reflect pack seem very doable.

if i remember correctly, Kurosawa, have very good defenses, i believe he can do them quite as well.
Reply Quote
impking. you should know why.. you are running too low on all resist, and most importantly armor, run at over 4k armor, 800 all resist, with 3%LS, reflect pack shouldnt be a prob, other than the spikey hulk in hall 2, or tremors pack in keep 3(esp with hoard) or even the big mofo in act 4, those with 4 pilers leg, those fkers are pain in the !@#, i usually use a shield for them, other wise, at 4.1k armor, 840 all resist, reflect pack seem very doable.

if i remember correctly, Kurosawa, have very good defenses, i believe he can do them quite as well.

HaHa so true. Please craft me some bracers with 6CC, 50ish+ RA and 300 int with 5+ PUR. I am going now into the 5k craft range and no dice getting the all important RA on them - its always a single haha - I await my godly roll. The 4 piller leg guys I just spam PB and move since they just hurt period lol.

Believe it or not imp the added def & RA, even 500 to 600 def is noticable when in MP10. Sometimes (most of the time) its better to loose a little sheet DPS then to skimp on those yet it just depends on where you are running yet it you are doing VOTA and all pB has it right on the numbers.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 6/29/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
HaHa so true. Please craft me some bracers with 6CC, 50ish+ RA and 300 int with 5+ PUR. I am going now into the 5k craft range and no dice getting the all important RA on them - its always a single haha - I await my godly roll. The 4 piller leg guys I just spam PB and move since they just hurt period lol.

Belive it or not imp the added def & RA, even 500 to 600 def is noticable when in MP10. Sometimes (most of the time) its better to loose a little sheet DPS then to skimp on those yet it just depends on where you are running yet it you are doing VOTA and all pB has it right on the numbers.

I will never get rid of lacuni's. Movement speed is too important for how I play. I consider it a vital defensive stats that is not calculated into ehp.

I skimp on allres because I consider it the most overrated sought-after stat for the WD. It comes standard on pox, marrow, zuni bonus, and rolls easily on shoulders. Stacking int provides additional allres. Our skillset lacks incentive to max out on cc/cd and our resource system doesn't mesh well with attackspeed. With gruesome feast, the stat to stack is revealed.
Allres has a diminishing return after a certain point. I gain over 275 allres when fully buffed on sh/gf reaching 911 with both at 5 stacks.
What does appear often in the WD skillset is hp. So that is why i have 88.8k hp.
I stack some dex because I have found that control impairment attacks like knockback/stun/etc are one of the few things that kill me. Also dodging can prevent monsters from breaking your channeling of bats.

My ehp is over 750k which is enough for mp10.
I will maybe consider getting more armor.

Rd is a hurdle for me because I don't want to play slow n steady or carry around a skorn. I like to leeroy into packs. I used a gg 6% lifesteal skorn for awhile a few weeks ago. It was great for rd but I like to attack fast.(and move fast, 24% ms)

I didn't die against the plague/rd blazing guardians but it was a little slow.
The only death was a very strange. I ran up to the rd pack, held position/spammed bats and pressed spirit walk. I must have landed 3-4 rd crits at once because I died yet sw started cooldown.

I've figured it out now. I sw attack, wait for rd to turn off then attack, when rd turns back on, run over to white mob and GI sw cooldown to 0 then repeat the previous steps.
Reply Quote
Btw, I don't want to discredit using crafted bracers. I do alot of runs with my friend who ditched his lacuni's for crafted bracers. I tell him he that he is slow and I enjoy running passed him with ease. He fires back by saying that he likes that I take the monster's attention first and enjoys that I die much easier than him. lol
Reply Quote

Belive it or not imp the added def & RA, even 500 to 600 def is noticable when in MP10. Sometimes (most of the time) its better to loose a little sheet DPS then to skimp on those yet it just depends on where you are running yet it you are doing VOTA and all pB has it right on the numbers.

I will never get rid of lacuni's. Movement speed is too important for how I play. I consider it a vital defensive stats that is not calculated into ehp.

I skimp on allres because I consider it the most overrated sought-after stat for the WD. It comes standard on pox, marrow, zuni bonus, and rolls easily on shoulders. Stacking int provides additional allres. Our skillset lacks incentive to max out on cc/cd and our resource system doesn't mesh well with attackspeed. With gruesome feast, the stat to stack is revealed.
Allres has a diminishing return after a certain point. I gain over 275 allres when fully buffed on sh/gf reaching 911 with both at 5 stacks.
What does appear often in the WD skillset is hp. So that is why i have 88.8k hp.
I stack some dex because I have found that control impairment attacks like knockback/stun/etc are one of the few things that kill me. Also dodging can prevent monsters from breaking your channeling of bats.

My ehp is over 750k which is enough for mp10.
I will maybe consider getting more armor.

Rd is a hurdle for me because I don't want to play slow n steady or carry around a skorn. I like to leeroy into packs. I used a gg 6% lifesteal skorn for awhile a few weeks ago. It was great for rd but I like to attack fast.(and move fast, 24% ms)

I didn't die against the plague/rd blazing guardians but it was a little slow.
The only death was a very strange. I ran up to the rd pack, held position/spammed bats and pressed spirit walk. I must have landed 3-4 rd crits at once because I died yet sw started cooldown.

I've figured it out now. I sw attack, wait for rd to turn off then attack, when rd turns back on, run over to white mob and GI sw cooldown to 0 then repeat the previous steps.

all resist is not over-rated at all, it infact provides the most mit, making your healthpool alot more worthwhile to have. its the annoying affixes that kills us at times, like nightmarish or knockback, where no mobs are in sight to proc LS. having high all resist allows you to stand in that plague, molten, desecrator for a longer time, when those affixes get you.

some mobs in act 4, decreases your LS, if you have notice, then again here, higher mit(armor & all resist) enables you to live thru those situations.

stacking so much health without decent mit level is really a waste, you benefit more if you were eg. at 55k health. 950 all resist, and 4.5k armor.

another example.

at 88k health your total ehp without dodge is at 541k

but at 72k health(main doc), my ehp is at 612k without dodge. so yeah you gotta make that huge hp work for you. another eg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pBeybq-6872/hero/33383452

making my huge hp into effective hp, it would be golden if i am able to get my all resist to 900, but still shes hard to die now. :)
Reply Quote
all resist is not over-rated at all, it infact provides the most mit, making your healthpool alot more worthwhile to have. its the annoying affixes that kills us at times, like nightmarish or knockback, where no mobs are in sight to proc LS. having high all resist allows you to stand in that plague, molten, desecrator for a longer time, when those affixes get you.

some mobs in act 4, decreases your LS, if you have notice, then again here, higher mit(armor & all resist) enables you to live thru those situations.

stacking so much health without decent mit level is really a waste, you benefit more if you were eg. at 55k health. 950 all resist, and 4.5k armor.

another example.

at 88k health your total ehp without dodge is at 541k

but at 72k health(main doc), my ehp is at 612k without dodge. so yeah you gotta make that huge hp work for you. another eg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pBeybq-6872/hero/33383452

making my huge hp into effective hp, it would be golden if i am able to get my all resist to 900, but still shes hard to die now. :)

I agree that allres is very strong mitigation. My opinion on all res and decision to stack hp comes from a cost effective viewpoint. I am not denying that allres provides superior mitigation for WDs. My opinion makes more sense when considering our skillset, wizard's skillset, and the market of similar items we share. Allres on an int witching hour or zuni boots is not going to be cost efficient ehp for a WD.

I'll try to explain my reasoning as best I can:

Allres stat favors Wizard over WD
-Cm wizards heavily prioritize ias/crit. Wds do not have this incentive and benefit from more int over ias/crit when faced with similar dps outcome. Wds base allres from int starts out higher because of this.
-WD skills can increase allres(sh/gf) through int while wizard's skills can increase allres by a %.(archon and prismatic armor) Allres stat points can go much further for a wizard.

Hp favors WD over Wizard
-Blood ritual, grave injustice, healing journey, and health globes scale with your health pool. The nonhp related affects of Br/gf/gi make them goto passives for wds. Also we are more likely to have radius and bonus to globes.
-Wizards skills are not near as favorable towards recovering a high hp. HP stats go much further on a WD.

So basically vit/%life are much better to get on items than allres. Vit/%life multiply together while allres just adds.

My allres buffs to 911 and even higher with impunity.
While my health pool might be a little too big to be efficient, it is much easier to get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]