Diablo® III

Mp10 reflect damage CoB 1hmojo.

There is a solution VS RD elite.
This, "the higher DPS, the more LS return", everyone know.

Run to the center of elites, use BBV, then COB, while use Jinx, the rest just gain back mana by SH or SW and let your COB last longer. With 1 elite have extra 50% damage and other 2/3 extra 30%, before you reach 1000% damage in 5 sec, they are almost KO...

It work for me, can try. :)
Reply Quote
HaHa so true. Please craft me some bracers with 6CC, 50ish+ RA and 300 int with 5+ PUR. I am going now into the 5k craft range and no dice getting the all important RA on them - its always a single haha - I await my godly roll. The 4 piller leg guys I just spam PB and move since they just hurt period lol.

Belive it or not imp the added def & RA, even 500 to 600 def is noticable when in MP10. Sometimes (most of the time) its better to loose a little sheet DPS then to skimp on those yet it just depends on where you are running yet it you are doing VOTA and all pB has it right on the numbers.

I will never get rid of lacuni's. Movement speed is too important for how I play. I consider it a vital defensive stats that is not calculated into ehp.

I skimp on allres because I consider it the most overrated sought-after stat for the WD. It comes standard on pox, marrow, zuni bonus, and rolls easily on shoulders. Stacking int provides additional allres. Our skillset lacks incentive to max out on cc/cd and our resource system doesn't mesh well with attackspeed. With gruesome feast, the stat to stack is revealed.
Allres has a diminishing return after a certain point. I gain over 275 allres when fully buffed on sh/gf reaching 911 with both at 5 stacks.
What does appear often in the WD skillset is hp. So that is why i have 88.8k hp.
I stack some dex because I have found that control impairment attacks like knockback/stun/etc are one of the few things that kill me. Also dodging can prevent monsters from breaking your channeling of bats.

My ehp is over 750k which is enough for mp10.
I will maybe consider getting more armor.

Rd is a hurdle for me because I don't want to play slow n steady or carry around a skorn. I like to leeroy into packs. I used a gg 6% lifesteal skorn for awhile a few weeks ago. It was great for rd but I like to attack fast.(and move fast, 24% ms)

I didn't die against the plague/rd blazing guardians but it was a little slow.
The only death was a very strange. I ran up to the rd pack, held position/spammed bats and pressed spirit walk. I must have landed 3-4 rd crits at once because I died yet sw started cooldown.

I've figured it out now. I sw attack, wait for rd to turn off then attack, when rd turns back on, run over to white mob and GI sw cooldown to 0 then repeat the previous steps.

I used to feel the same way regarding MS. I use both 12 and 24 yet to be totally honest sometimes its better to have a little less MS and a little more ehp, etc. When I play with 12 percent (rare pants) I really do not notice that much of a difference and SW works just fine in most situations. There is a slight noticable difference yet to be honest I thought I would be going back to my inna's pants more yet I seem to keep my rares on more then switching back. If farming below MP 10 then surely its nicer to have the faster MS if you are killing fast enough which I know you are.
Reply Quote
LOL...
you only know half of it...
the higher DPS, the more LS return....but also the more the reflect dmg you getting back

for everything remain the same,
The higher DPS, the faster YOU DIE!

Putting a BBV?
increase the attack spd, you run out of mana faster.
increase the dmg, you die faster (unless u have other non-reflect monsters around)

Run to the center of elites, use BBV, then COB, while use Jinx, the rest just gain back mana by SH or SW and let your COB last longer. With 1 elite have extra 50% damage and other 2/3 extra 30%, before you reach 1000% damage in 5 sec, they are almost KO...

Edited by Luffy#1946 on 7/1/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL...
you only know half of it...
the higher DPS, the more LS return....but also the more the reflect dmg you getting back

for everything remain the same,
The higher DPS, the faster YOU DIE!

Putting a BBV?
increase the attack spd, you run out of mana faster.
increase the dmg, you die faster (unless u have other non-reflect monsters around)

actually I got my 1h gear sorta to the point where I can run in and spam PB for the initial ramp up and hit SW as I bear and that allows me to negate the first wave of reflect. Usually if they have extra HP or shielding I spam PB more since I do not loose mana and if the second reflect does go off my SW is already reset so I am fine at the higher damage as long as I keep my current passives the way they are and have GI in the mix. MY HP value sorta benefits me on the initial ramp up but thats reflect. That harder you hit the harder you get hit.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 7/1/2013 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fine, at least it work for me. With BBV + Jinx, I tank and kill RD around 10 sec, while my SH using swallow soul rune for mana return, so mana fine for me. I have high CC, it Crit very often therefore more LS to sustain.
Reply Quote
CoB with reflect is always a pain when combined with certain mobs or ground damages, especially if you have high damages and crits. I pop 2-3m crits when buffed and on reflect that was instadeath if 3 walked close enough to me and all popped reflect. That was with 800-900 ar and 4.2k armor and 75k life. I have switch to PB/ZB mix and now I rarely every die to reflect. I have dropped in res and armor, but I kill them so fast. When I ran just PB I never died, but killing took longer than CoB. PB + bears is the fastest, but its taking some getting used to the play style to keep mana balanced. I might go back to my TOTD with its max mana and mana regen if I keep this build. It will drop my DPS some, but I won't have any mana problems.
Reply Quote
Soul Harvest - Slam Dance - Jaunt - COB (bears, PB) If elite is not dead by the time SW expires it will be in non-refelct phase and die quick anyway. If it gets to the second phase it's no problem because it's already close to death and produce globes. Basically it's all about timing and positioning... and dps. If dps and/or ehp is not right for a given mp (which is often the case for a COB users) - it will be a problem with RD. I talking about 1handers, Skorn users claim they don't care about RD.
Reply Quote
all resist is not over-rated at all, it infact provides the most mit, making your healthpool alot more worthwhile to have. its the annoying affixes that kills us at times, like nightmarish or knockback, where no mobs are in sight to proc LS. having high all resist allows you to stand in that plague, molten, desecrator for a longer time, when those affixes get you.

some mobs in act 4, decreases your LS, if you have notice, then again here, higher mit(armor & all resist) enables you to live thru those situations.

stacking so much health without decent mit level is really a waste, you benefit more if you were eg. at 55k health. 950 all resist, and 4.5k armor.

another example.

at 88k health your total ehp without dodge is at 541k

but at 72k health(main doc), my ehp is at 612k without dodge. so yeah you gotta make that huge hp work for you. another eg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pBeybq-6872/hero/33383452

making my huge hp into effective hp, it would be golden if i am able to get my all resist to 900, but still shes hard to die now. :)

I agree that allres is very strong mitigation. My opinion on all res and decision to stack hp comes from a cost effective viewpoint. I am not denying that allres provides superior mitigation for WDs. My opinion makes more sense when considering our skillset, wizard's skillset, and the market of similar items we share. Allres on an int witching hour or zuni boots is not going to be cost efficient ehp for a WD.

I'll try to explain my reasoning as best I can:

Allres stat favors Wizard over WD
-Cm wizards heavily prioritize ias/crit. Wds do not have this incentive and benefit from more int over ias/crit when faced with similar dps outcome. Wds base allres from int starts out higher because of this.
-WD skills can increase allres(sh/gf) through int while wizard's skills can increase allres by a %.(archon and prismatic armor) Allres stat points can go much further for a wizard.

Hp favors WD over Wizard
-Blood ritual, grave injustice, healing journey, and health globes scale with your health pool. The nonhp related affects of Br/gf/gi make them goto passives for wds. Also we are more likely to have radius and bonus to globes.
-Wizards skills are not near as favorable towards recovering a high hp. HP stats go much further on a WD.

So basically vit/%life are much better to get on items than allres. Vit/%life multiply together while allres just adds.

My allres buffs to 911 and even higher with impunity.
While my health pool might be a little too big to be efficient, it is much easier to get.

it holds true if you are on a budget and couldnt get mit & health together, as alot of our skills are beneficial with huge health pool, which also means, rather have higher health rather than low health, without considering additional of all resist.

but all resist is a sought after stat by all classes, and its getting more important with the use of COB build just like armor. at that mentioned level of mit, it should get you pass the first wave of reflect shield, after which it should be dead.

those that have problem with RD packs should give a try at armor bonus litany.
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 7/2/2013 1:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I was at 93% mit against elites, doing 1M+ crits per tick with CoB. With a 2.7% LS sickle. RD still kills me. Though slower. I don't one-shot myself on RD packs. Just see my life dropping steadily. Might also be because of my low damage.

I don't think mit as it is now will ever negate RD enough to allow us to sustain against it and hope to heal HP without higher LS like those on 2H weapons.
Reply Quote
EremiteAngle:
3% LS and less than 93% mitigation was enough for me.
Now I have:
(1-.9172)*(.05+.07) + .9172 = 92.71% mitigation vs elites.
Recently I had even less armor, so it was closer to 92.1%.
http://d3up.com/b/295690/mcp

I will double check, but I had been life positive against RD for a while now, with my shield/MCK setup. In fact I have a 2.4% LS spear (iirc) that I can try as well. According to your experience, that should be negative against RD.

I often forget I have Horrify double armor on my skill bar, but it still helps against certain affixes.
Reply Quote
CoB, with a shield, RD wont really "kill" me, but my life goes down..not too bad in farming.
but for the RD uber, my life goes down with a very noticeable rate and I have to stop at some point.
it's safer to use PB in uber...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 7/2/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dang you're right. I watched my HP vs Siege Breaker carefully. It was going down with the above mitigation. I added some more mitigation and it was still going down. JF put me over the top barely...

Now with SW and horrify double armor on the other hand :).

edit:
The Tal rasha's helmet puts me over fyi. 93.356% with elite damage reduction.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 7/3/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dang you're right. I watched my HP vs Siege Breaker carefully. It was going down with the above mitigation. I added some more mitigation and it was still going down. JF put me over the top barely...

edit:

SB has a ridiculous high number of RD, at least 15% , so 3LS is not enough against SB's RD.

When I solo Ubers, I just bring life link dogs and garg so they can tank SB if my HP goes to low. Also use SW as often as possible to regain hp.
Edited by Neuron#1807 on 7/3/2013 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

edit:

SB has a ridiculous high number of RD, at least 15% , so 3LS is not enough against SB's RD.

When I solo Ubers, I just bring life link dogs and garg so they can tank SB if my HP goes to low. Also use SW as often as possible to regain hp.

I second that......I can facetank most anything in this game, but SBs reflect is in a whole other realm. Only time I can go full power is when I am in spirit walk.....
Reply Quote
stream up. lemme know if anyone needs help with their wd
Reply Quote
stream up
Reply Quote
I chip in on my take on reflect dmg too :)

I deal with reflect dmg by getting more monsters in for better LS return.

Even 1 extra monster can keep my life at full when doing dmg to the glowing reflect elite.

And even if I tried to get 4k armor and 950 AR un-buffed, the reflect still can kill me as easy as when I have 770Ar un-buffed, cause the bats do so much dmg.

This was a test, but I use timing SW+hex to deal with it, but its still hard, since sometimes even if I am down to 1/2 life, I still don't have enough time to press SW as it takes remaining 40k(81k @ full) life away so fast, faster than I can react.

Still, I hope they don't nerf reflect.
Reply Quote
stream up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]