Diablo® III

Is PUR necessary for cob?

Neuron : 3 yards is baked in as base pickup radius, not 4. And yeah i know i am nit-picking but gotta get ir right :) And nice to see some people have read my testing :) would be nice if somebody else tested it tho for confirmation! :)

And yeah, you can get by with 1 piece. but the more the merrier :) i am a PUR freak
Reply Quote
Neuron : 3 yards is baked in as base pickup radius, not 4. And yeah i know i am nit-picking but gotta get ir right :) And nice to see some people have read my testing :) would be nice if somebody else tested it tho for confirmation! :)

And yeah, you can get by with 1 piece. but the more the merrier :) i am a PUR freak

Yep, you are right. 3 PUR is the default :)
Reply Quote
Nope.
I'm playing on MP10 with and without SH when I was testing this.
Just CoB killing enemies with large hitboxes at max range.
That will leave enough globes just outside of PUR for me to notice. I'm not picky either, it happens often in large groups of enemies (solo play only).

Thats very strangle because I have 7 PUR, and I have never noticed extra globe that I can't pickup from CoB. Even for SH they are usually within PUR range. The only exception is zombie bears.

CoB according to some testing post, have about 7-8 range. So 6 + 3 (that comes with the toon) is enough.

You are correct.
6 yards is plenty to pick up 99.99% of the health globes in solo play when only using CoB to kill enemies.

I must have mistaken group play, SH, or something else.
Reply Quote
Now that I think about it, the other factor to consider is the hit-box size of the mob. A burrowing leaper is sure to drop the item near you, but Azmodan or Ghom could well have drops all over the place because they are that huge.

So that will affect where the health globes spawn for GF. It won't impact GI because you're right next to the hit-box.
Reply Quote
View profile
Another interesting factor that has gone unmentioned is the size of the mobs you round up before turning the fiery blender on.

It seems that the spacing of drops is consistent with the history of the series. The game drops items on an unseen grid, populating squares as monsters die. However, if the square the monster died upon is occupied, the item drops in the nearest available square instead.

The result of this is that the last critters in large mobs running into CoB will drop items and gold a considerable distance away from where they actually died. This isn't a big deal for items since so few are worth collecting, but it becomes an issue for gold pickups in large mobs. Either you have to waste time running in a circle to scoop, or leave gold on the ground.

I find that three pieces of pickup gear are more or less required in Act 1 to keep this from becoming a time-wasting aggravation. Two is almost always sufficient in Act 2 (with the occasional exception in Oasis). It's hard to round up big packs in Act 3 due to the tight quarters, so one piece of pickup gear is generally enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]