Diablo® III

Diablo IV

Imagine Diablo IV would have areas and an architecture like this:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2781/tczn.jpg

And areas naturally blend into desert, jungle and winter areas when you walk into one direction long enough.

Maps like "Lord of the Rings"

Epic gimicks like "Excalibur" stuck in a rock and you can get it out but the rock is very hard to find deep in a forest :)

Major Cities should be big and static but the "outside world" should be entirely random.
Weather effects
Night/Day cycle
Runes
Runewords
No-story-bound-grinding (once you finished story mode)
more than 4 players
High-Res Textures option for those that have the hardware
When it rains the ground looks "wet".
NO RMAH
NO AH at all
In-Game-Trade-City
One-Time Skill choices where you can correct small mistakes but have to pay a big price (not gold lol).
Reply Quote
The setting should have been different. Like everyone should have been enslaved or tortured by demons and the few survivors should have been very powerful soldiers living in forts protected by fragments of the world stone. And you'd get to see like naked women getting eaten alive by grotesque monsters and stuff like that. With hell rifts everywhere and yeah I don't know. I think I would have done a way better job than Jay Wilson, that dude never played Diablo 2, obviously.
Reply Quote
I would love to see a Guild Wars 2 style Diablo game. That would be awesome! I would even pay monthly for that subscription...
Reply Quote
I only want Diablo 4 to be more Diablo-ic than Diablo 2 and Diablo 1, and of course, way more Diablo-ic than Diablo 3. I only would buy Diablo 4 if it's really a Diablo-ic game.
Likewise, I would only buy Diablo 3 expansion if it's truly Diablo-ic. I *already made a mistake once, I don't want to make the same mistake twice!
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 6/27/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like your idea, but....

With no AH & massive in game trade. This is a complex issue, as you don't want to drive real money sales into the hand of 3rd party sites that might scam you. Also for low hours players it will be hard to make many any trades, and knowing how much an item is worth would be almost impossible.

Skill tree, i think the reason it was removed was so that you spend more time killing and experimenting with skills (so you can change to what works for a particular area), and not just looking online for someone else to tell you how to play then having to live buy it.
Reply Quote
It sucks so much that they failed so hard with D3...

I have the impression that the D1 and D2 team was a bunch of people that LOVED to develop games and their Passion was considered when creating the game.

the D3 team was to big i think and to many "new-gen" ideas were "Charlie-Foxtroting" the franchise.

And then a director that knew nothing about what mattered in D1 and D2, and then the f that looser..

It is so unfortunate that the people behind D3 were from WOW. There is so much that went wrong in D3 that I just dont know where to start.
Reply Quote
Nice picture. Which building is the auction house?
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Onafets
I would love to see a Guild Wars 2 style Diablo game. That would be awesome! I would even pay monthly for that subscription...

Why would Blizzard duplicate that loser game?
Reply Quote

06/27/2013 09:58 PMPosted by ElTresSeis
this franchise is dead , it would be named something else lol

Says the guy playing a year later

They can hate on D3 all they want, at the end of the day it is still better than the others out there. They can always remove D3 from their system to make room for a better game.
Reply Quote

06/27/2013 09:58 PMPosted by ElTresSeis
this franchise is dead , it would be named something else lol

Says the guy playing a year later

They can hate on D3 all they want, at the end of the day it is still better than the others out there. They can always remove D3 from their system to make room for a better game.

It sucks so much that they failed so hard with D3...

I have the impression that the D1 and D2 team was a bunch of people that LOVED to develop games and their Passion was considered when creating the game.

the D3 team was to big i think and to many "new-gen" ideas were "Charlie-Foxtroting" the franchise.

And then a director that knew nothing about what mattered in D1 and D2, and then the f that looser..

It is so unfortunate that the people behind D3 were from WOW. There is so much that went wrong in D3 that I just dont know where to start.

Go play marvel heroes it was done by the guy that did D2 an is ftp. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
View profile
Let them try to figure out a better Diablo III before we start talking about a beta Diablo IV. ;)

Tu sabe?

D3 is good as it gets buddy. Any major improvements would change the fundamental game mechanics and there's no way Actiblizz will reneg on current design....and designed as intended it is.
Reply Quote
I believe most of what you described in your OP was done in Titan Quest. Epic landscapes, scenery, some great PoV shots of awesome things in the distance as you walked over a cliff or something, plus areas naturally blending and stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]