Diablo® III

Help, still dying

With The COB build, idk if its build or gear.. but the fact that i have too be soo close to enemies,, any rangers kinda poke me down.. i do have 700-800resist so im really confused.. or it could be my playstyle..
Reply Quote
I don't know what MP you are running but,

2.9k Armor and 37.5k HP....you are going to die alot.

Craft some bracers and get rid of that rare ring.

And just look to get your eHP up. Especially that HP.
Reply Quote
You need more vit, 50k should be fine. And when you see any range mobs, dont just stay still spammin COB, go kill them first.
Reply Quote
whats a good armor to be at?
Reply Quote
Agree with both. You should aim for 4k armor though, hard to get to with a Skorn but that should be the goal. You def need more vit, aim for 1000 or more total and try to find some life% to help as well. Might want to switch GF for JF to help with that armor too.

The main point we have for you though is WAY more life if you even want to attempt higher mp. I prob would not even consider mp8 until you have 50K or more. I don't play with any WDs in mp10 with less than 65k espically because of CoB having to tank.

Also, perhaps you can refine your timing with Soul and SW, i can almost maintaing being "invincible" using those 2 skills. Use Soul at low life then SW for 3 seconds while life stealing should keep you mostly alive all the time once you have over 50k life.
Reply Quote
for mp10 the general rule of thumb to be safe is 60k hp,4k armor 800 all resist. and lifesteal. but thats not set in stone and it could be tweaked depending on ur gear and weapon setup.
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 01:41 PMPosted by EvoIution
for mp10 the general rule of thumb to be safe is 60k hp,4k armor 800 all resist. and lifesteal. but thats not set in stone and it could be tweaked depending on ur gear and weapon setup.

I always thought 4k armor is a little unrealistic, I run about 3600 (3800 with follower) and seem to be okay. Depending on your build you can actually skimp on the all res a litttle bit, since soul harvest & if you use gruesome feast can help a lot.
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 02:10 PMPosted by JimmyJump

I always thought 4k armor is a little unrealistic, I run about 3600 (3800 with follower) and seem to be okay. Depending on your build you can actually skimp on the all res a litttle bit, since soul harvest & if you use gruesome feast can help a lot.

no doubt thats just a general rule of thumb. atleast for my self. i run about 4200-4400 armor and i can feel the difference from when i have under4k armor. at 4200 armor and 70k hp i can tank a fallen maniac, 3-4 groutesques blowing up and 1 to 2 charging bulls. it really really does help but like u said its not mandatory but it is a good number to shoot for mitigation wise.
Reply Quote

no doubt thats just a general rule of thumb. atleast for my self. i run about 4200-4400 armor and i can feel the difference from when i have under4k armor. at 4200 armor and 70k hp i can tank a fallen maniac, 3-4 groutesques blowing up and 1 to 2 charging bulls. it really really does help but like u said its not mandatory but it is a good number to shoot for mitigation wise.

For sure, I would like to try running above 4k armor to see if I can notice but I don't know where to pick any up lol.

Edit: Nice WD tho man, I would kill for that witching hour lol
Edited by JimmyJump#1146 on 6/28/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
cob is a close range build you need good defense's or you die why is
less than 4k armor unrealistic? All other close range classes use 4k plus
armor good barbs are over 6k good monks are over 5k and they have a 30%
damage reduction cm wizards are 4k plus and they have freeze you cant always
depend on horrify to buff your armor I agree with everything Evolution says and
JimmyJump your using odog I ran odog a couple months ago its almost impossible
to die with that build no matter what your stats are as long as you have a big life pool
also anybody can survive with low stats if you farm the right places and kite a lot but
that's not very efficient is it.
Reply Quote

For sure, I would like to try running above 4k armor to see if I can notice but I don't know where to pick any up lol.

Edit: Nice WD tho man, I would kill for that witching hour lol

hehe thx man. i love this doc. and yea i just picked up that wh yesterday and purposly grabbed one with only 8 ais for even futher reduce my aps. im at 1.51 now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]