Diablo® III

[CO-OP] HC Self-Found League

Just played a bit a new lady monk and felt tire... may try it later...!
I just got past the Khasim Outpost on MP10 Normal. Woo!
Same gear and stats as http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377318563?page=9#178 (but at level 51) and Azmo went down without a fight. Had to change skills up a little bit, but no problems here. Onto A4!
@ManU

You need to take it very easy when you first start out in HC, takes a while to readjust your playstyle coming from SC. Do not worry about dying, we all die sooner or later in HC.

She is going good now. Thanks your reminding about "readjust my playstyle". She went very carefully.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 7/14/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Played some HC during the weekend

Barb: 46 -> Nightmare Act 3 -> Currently going with TML23(Monk), TexaStranger(WD)
DH: 13 -> Normal Act 1 -> ChronoTriggr(Monk) he might have passed me

I will play either character depends on who is on the friend list at the moment.

I plan to start a WD which I will play when no one else is on :)
I've been enjoying checking the friend's list and seeing if anyone is playing a Monk around my level to act as my meat shield and jumping in their game. Last night I cleared Normal and then jumped on Middy's Nightmare game as he was playing his Monk. We cleared Act 1 Nightmare.

Some sad news last night: Yukine, one of our HCSF Co-op Monks reported in chat that he had RIPped against Hell Belial with his level 56 Monk. He had been a wonderful meat shield throughout almost all of Act 3 normal for me, but he has been leveling far faster than me. He was only a sliver of experience away from level 57 and had Belial down to about 4% of his health. Yukine said he regretted not getting that extra level.

Hell Belial is vicious. I think I played it a little paranoid and waited until level 60 to kill him with my first HC Monk. I'm pretty sure I waited at least for level 58 and NDE before taking on ZK. I may have gotten to 60 beforehand for him as well.

...One more thing to note: I just realized last night that there aren't any Keywardens anymore! I remember almost losing a Monk to Nekarat in Act 4 Nightmare, and proc-ing NDE against him in Hell. Blizzard dropped them from the lower difficulties.
Also sorry about not joining the group chat.
I get really distracted when I am in the chat.

I will join the chat when I am not playing HC(looking at AH, playing SC, etc)
07/15/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Demiwraith
Yukine, one of our HCSF Co-op Monks reported in chat that he had RIPped against Hell Belial with his level 56 Monk.

Oh no!!! :( I was just playing with him last night as I was going through A1. It was great playing with him the other night... as his monk seemed a lot stronger than mine. RIP Yukine... sorry to hear the news.
View profile
Had finally got the chance to run with nameless a couple nights ago. I started my hcsf journey just before him and he jumped ahead of me :(. But on Friday I made some major strides and passed him ever so slightly. As far as I know we are back sound the same spot act one in hell so far it's going fairly easy. I am staying to worry a bit about my vit as I think it's on the low side might be time to drop a couple dex gems for vit gems just to play it safe.
07/15/2013 09:31 PMPosted by BladeMaster
Had finally got the chance to run with nameless a couple nights ago. I started my hcsf journey just before him and he jumped ahead of me :(. But on Friday I made some major strides and passed him ever so slightly. As far as I know we are back sound the same spot act one in hell so far it's going fairly easy. I am staying to worry a bit about my vit as I think it's on the low side might be time to drop a couple dex gems for vit gems just to play it safe.

I ran with Chumpatizer last night through broken blade quest to leoric's manner and I began to run into some trouble in Leoric's hunting grounds (I think). I was DWing through it all and had just under 30K HP. While I didn't get into the red zone, some of the mobs managed to bring me down below 50% and at one point, I popped serenity AND consumed a health globe and had to run away while they were both on cooldown. I ended up switching to S&B and it seemed to be alright. Some things that I think I need to adjust in my playstyle:
(1) I violated one of my primary rules -- I was playing sleepy and I got careless (especially in keeping up my MoH)
(2) I should probably use Chant of Resonance instead of Pacifism -- extending my mantra from 2 mins to 7 mins is good when spirit generation is a problem AND the 2 spirit/second is going to be awfully good when I'm trying to run away and building more spirit will be helpful
(3) I should probably stop DSing into the middle of dangerous looking elite packs and instead, keep the fight to the perimeter. Although that's kind of hard to do if they are spawning arcane beams, so I'd have to make sure I know what the affixes are when I do this.

There is no reason that 30K HP wasn't good enough for me to do battle, even while DWing. And if I am more awake, I can make better decisions. Live and learn I guess.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/16/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Sorry about last night. I know multiple of you invited me but I was side tracked with ZDS build of Vox in SC.

I SHOULD be online tonight.

ASIDE: let me know if any of you guys have a Sledge Fist(with OS and high stun chance) in your SC stash. It seems like everyone bought them up(like Maximus) and now price has sky rocketed.
I'll probably take a run through the Oasis on MP10 Normal tonight. On the subject of SFHC, one of the players on my ever-expanding friends list recently broadcast that he was going to play [I]pure[/I] self-found only, and I'm feeling the same way. So I'll still be around to hand away stuff, and I'm up for partying, but I won't be taking anything (other than whatever I'm already wearing). I'm sure there will be plenty of other monks who can benefit from anything I would have taken, so it will all work out in the end :)
Finished nightmare with my barb. Actually finished too early(lvl 48) so we had to join Chrono's game to get to lvl 50 (sorry Chrono for joining and leaving abruptly!)

Hell definitely hurts more.

I may have to switch some skills around. I don't know much about barb skill set.
Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

EDIT: First thing I will probably switch is my passives. Ruthless doesn't increase much damage. Not really sure about the Nerve of Steel either.

EDIT2: just realized that I am using mighty weapon! I thought it was a sword. So the Weapon Master only gives me extra fury.
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/17/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Last night, I finished A1 Hell MP1 in a group with Yukine, Boomtank and Middy (I think) and proceeded partway through A2. My stats were something close to 2.5K DPS, 30K HP, and 2.5K Armor as a S&B Monk. I think I've definitely given myself a bit of overkill in the HP department, as we basically smashed almost everything we came across (albeit, only in MP0) with little danger to my health.

After Middy & Boomtank left, I was taken into A3 with Yukine and we completed Keeps 1-3. Although I survived, I am not sure if it's more because Yukine's DPS was so high (I think his was running around 7.5K vs. my 2.5K) or if it was because my HP as high as it was. Nevertheless, it was nice to be in A3 again. I will probably try to run this again and see how I fare. I definitely have the EHP, but not sure about DPS.

Now, since I don't have access to the game client while at work, I do have a question. I have already been taken into A3 by Yukine without first killing Belial in A2. Once I do that once, do I now have permanent access to A3? If this is the case, then I could conceivably complete the Hell journey without ever really having to face Belial (which would be of great relief for me)... is that right?

At this point, I am a level 56 monk, and I am 4 levels away from 60. I'm pretty stoked, as I hope to start picking up some good weapons if I can keep my access to A3.

--

07/16/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
So I'll still be around to hand away stuff, and I'm up for partying, but I won't be taking anything (other than whatever I'm already wearing). I'm sure there will be plenty of other monks who can benefit from anything I would have taken, so it will all work out in the end :)

I think I'm kinda with you, once I hit lvl 60 with my toon. The only difference for me is that I'd be more apt to only accept gear that is found by my group that is being shared.

This whole stance may motivate me to level up my WD more quickly as I'd love to have two HC characters in paragon levels so that they can share their finds amongst each other too. So I guess I'm gravitating towards group-found and account-found characters. Not exactly self-found, and not exactly AH. My own hybrid of sorts, I guess.
I think I'm kinda with you, once I hit lvl 60 with my toon. The only difference for me is that I'd be more apt to only accept gear that is found by my group that is being shared.

That's a pretty good approach, IMO. I may have to steal it :)
Finished nightmare with my barb. Actually finished too early(lvl 48) so we had to join Chrono's game to get to lvl 50 (sorry Chrono for joining and leaving abruptly!)

Hell definitely hurts more.

I may have to switch some skills around. I don't know much about barb skill set.
Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

EDIT: First thing I will probably switch is my passives. Ruthless doesn't increase much damage. Not really sure about the Nerve of Steel either.

EDIT2: just realized that I am using mighty weapon! I thought it was a sword. So the Weapon Master only gives me extra fury.

EDIT: Got help from @TexaStranger and @CyLaNt
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/18/2013 6:32 AM PDT
Progress report

Barb -> Level 54 -> Hell Act 2
DH -> Level 17 -> Normal Act 2
It seems that this thread has been moved from the Monk Forums. I hope that this is the threat that survives whereas the other one dies.

--

So I think I finally hit that hell wall that people have been talking about. For me specifically, it's A2 hell (I haven't hit ZK or Belial yet), and for the first time since levelling up, I've found myself having to kite elites rather than being able to facetank them. I've even had to pop serenity AND health potions and wait for cooldown before re-engaging. Right now, I'm at

3.2K DPS, 40K HP and 2.8K Armor as a S&B monk. I don't feel comfortable enough to face belial -- not until I get a decent enough weapon and maybe up my resists. Fortunately, someone has already taken me into A3, so I have access to A3 Hell without having to complete A2, so I can put off the Belial encounter until later. Is that even advised?

Anyway... that's where I'm at right now. Hope to hit paragon with my monk in the next night or two.
Nameless, I think you should face Belial before charging too much further through A3. He is the essence of what makes hardcore so awesome, because you don't always know if you will come out of that battle alive and you can't run away. Get in there and face him, and glory to the fallen if you don't make it.

EDIT: Please don't read that as a challenge to face him right now. Farm what you need to farm until you feel ready. I would just advise foregoing Act 3 as a matter of principle until you defeat Big B.

EDIT 2: I failed to read all of the comments above, so let me add one more thought: if you are having trouble in Act 2 you should be extremely careful if you play in Act 3 (principles aside). Battlements and Stonefort are doable, but Keeps is where it gets very dangerous. One nasty pack of Tremors can wipe you quickly, as can a few fallen maniacs or skeleton cleavers. Fields of Slaughter are even tougher (maybe the toughest area outside of Act 4 because it is so easy to aggro extra packs in the open environment and the presence of tough packs like tremors, moloks, and heralds of pestilence).
Edited by TexaStranger#1793 on 7/18/2013 2:25 PM PDT
07/18/2013 02:11 PMPosted by TexaStranger
Nameless, I think you should face Belial before charging too much further through A3. He is the essence of what makes hardcore so awesome, because you don't always know if you will come out of that battle alive and you can't run away. Get in there and face him, and glory to the fallen if you don't make it.

Sigh. I know you're right. But I'm scared. I guess I'll just farm A2 until I get to 60 before I face him... at least then, I can craft some level 59 fists (or other weapons) that will help me through it. Thanks for the brutal & honest truth.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]