Diablo® III

[CO-OP] HC Self-Found League

I will either play NM Act 2 or Hell Act 2. Depends on who is on.
Ok, I have a question. I know self found means we can't buy anything from AH, but what about items I'm finding for say a DH like a 1hd xbow? Can we sell items on AH? Use the gold for crafting and stuff?

Just curious, thanks..
Ok, I have a question. I know self found means we can't buy anything from AH, but what about items I'm finding for say a DH like a 1hd xbow? Can we sell items on AH? Use the gold for crafting and stuff?

Just curious, thanks..

I am against using AH for any purpose(crafting will be pain in the !@# later on).

If I find a GG item I may sell it for real money (very unlikely) but I wouldn't use that money to buy anything back to the HCSF character.

But that's just me. I don't know what Nameless thinks about the subject.
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/22/2013 1:15 PM PDT
I won't be buying anything at all but it just seems dumb to vendor a item you know can sell for 500k or 1mil +.. Just to buy archon armor from squirt is 1.5mil lol. I read the posts from Nameless on the first page but doesn't say much on what the rules are for selling on AH.
I've only just started out, but I sell mats on the AH so I can afford to craft. I also buy gems and bought a set of cain's for leveling. My plan is to go mostly all craft unless I pick up something really good, so I will need the gold.

Are those against the rules?
Buying cain's is prolly against the rules as that's gear to help you get to lvl 60 faster. Buying gems as well. You can have someone pass you down gems tho.

We need a list of rule's Nameless on the 1st post/page lol. Just some do's and don'ts lol.
@Texasstranger
@Middy

Thanks for the groups last night. Grouping makes starting over less painful.

Agreed. Teamwork is where it's at!

@Gungnir

Sorry about teaming with your DH yesterday and then instantly bailing. I need a laptop cooling pad in order to play, and I failed to realize that the surge protector I was plugged into was "off", so the fan wasn't working. My computer overheated and shut off. My DH is still alive, perhaps in some small part because you helped draw some aggro until I finally disconnected. Hopefully that won't happen next time...
I'd like to float an additional "rule" to HCSF and see if it sticks. No playing in public games. The reason is pretty simple - public games put you in contact with players who are not abiding by the same code of play, which typically means they use the Auction House to outgear the content in order to rush to 60. Of course, this may not always be the case, but the only way to be sure is to only party with like minded HCSF players or play solo.

I mostly just share this because of an observation I had last night while playing my WD in Hell Act 2. I decided to join a public game and immediately found one with a few other players. I go to inspect these guys and they are all wearing reduced level requirement weapons that have >1k dps at level 54. It's possible these guys had higher level characters who found those weapons, but I seriously doubt it. Weapons like that are all over the Auction House, and they are the single easiest way to punch a safe ticket to Inferno.

I immediately left the game because I didn't want to cheapen my trek to 60 by getting carried across the finish line by those players. This is not to judge anyone who levels in such a way (I leveled 2 hardcore characters by heavily leaning on the AH to outgear content and speed up the process). It's simply acknowledging that HCSF isn't all that hardcore if you are getting carried by non-HCSF players who have 20-30k DPS in Hell.
I've only just started out, but I sell mats on the AH so I can afford to craft. I also buy gems and bought a set of cain's for leveling. My plan is to go mostly all craft unless I pick up something really good, so I will need the gold.

Are those against the rules?

Yes. AH use of any kind for any reason is not allowable... The only use for gold is for gem & gear crafting and vendor purchases, that's it. All crafting mats come only from salvaging gear that is looted in game, not purchased in AH.

--

07/22/2013 03:17 PMPosted by TexaStranger
No playing in public games. The reason is pretty simple - public games put you in contact with players who are not abiding by the same code of play, which typically means they use the Auction House to outgear the content in order to rush to 60. Of course, this may not always be the case, but the only way to be sure is to only party with like minded HCSF players or play solo.

I agree. Unenforceable, but I agree in principle. I've also made it a point to avoid playing with people who are superiorly geared over me. Sadly, the only exception that I have made in terms of allowing myself to be carried was in hell belial, and nightmare azmo. I think I was just too chicken to face them alone and allowed myself to be carried. But those days are over and I just have to toughen up a little bit.

While I am working inferno, my intention is to only group with people with similar gear levels as me as I don't want to be carried and leech their drops and violates the challenge that this form of play presents. It will probably take longer, but I feel that progression will be that much more meaningful to me. My 2c anyway.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/22/2013 3:35 PM PDT
As to the questions posed earlier I will simply state what I am going to do.

Nothing will be sold (or bought) on the AH. Any items I find go through the following process:

1) Can my character in game use the item?
1a) Would it be a larger upgrade for someone else?

2) Can anyone in the current game use the item?

3) Can any of my characters use the item? (60+ only)
--Only 5 of my characters will share stash, my other 5 will be only what they find

4) Ask if anyone wants the item in the community (chat)
Note: Still not positive on this one. I won't take items from games I am not in but I feel that if it is fine for you I should do this. Better to have an item used than scrapped for crafting.

5) Scrap
Edited by Proletariat#1585 on 7/22/2013 3:35 PM PDT
To me its about goals. What are my goals for SFHC?

My goals are to simply beat Inferno Solo with a SF character in hardcore. Then to tackle any new content later on as well. Eventually I may want to beat HC with several SFHC classes.

This would be fairly simple if I used the AH but quite challenging and exhilarating otherwise. My secondary goal is to meet great people to play with and help them meet their goals in HC.

I was contemplating the goal of Paragon 100 however after losing my 60 Para 2 Barb to a simple server disconnect I am going to reserve that goal for an Ironborn softcore char. Reality has sunk in. You will lose your HC character at some point. My personal playtime is limited and can only dedicate so much time to rerolling HC chars ;-).

I have actually been formulating some sort of rule set and death penalties for a Softcore Ironborn character to make that exciting as well. I do like the excitement of perma death in HC however that penalty may be to steep a price for myself to pay on the march to Para 100. Anyone interested in something in addition to our SFHC march?
To me its about goals. What are my goals for SFHC?

My goals are to simply beat Inferno Solo with a SF character in hardcore. Then to tackle any new content later on as well. Eventually I may want to beat HC with several SFHC classes.

That would be my intermediary goal. For me, I want to begin by beating inferno solo with HFSC (in MP0) and then progress through the MP levels.

The threads that have really inspired me have been two in the monk community:

Demiwraith -- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377148923 (HC progression)
Overg -- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499430640 (SF progression)

In what I am doing here, I hope that I can follow in both of their footsteps in progressing through HC paragon levels without touching AH. This might not be a goal that is achievable, but I guess I won't know unless I try. I'd like to see what MP I can clear by the time I hit p100... if I get there, that is. :)
@TexaStranger
No problem.
I knew something was wrong since you just stood there in the middle of the sewer.
I waited until you got disconnected from the game than left the game & party.

It's the best thing about co-op. Group can at least try to save you from tech failure.
I too would like to solo Inferno with HCSF. There is a new level of fun here by only using drops. I've been kinda lucky with them so far thankfully. I'm having some decent luck with crafting lvl 47 1h swords. Still trying to get the right combo of stats.

I've hit a wall of not being comfortable tho. I moved into hell yesterday and it's a little much on a couple elite packs. I'm not sure what the stats should be at for starting off in hell. I am noticing better drops and item levels in there but not sure i'll last long enough to get them.

My question:
Where should my stats be for entering hell? DPS, HP, Res? I have not been worried about AR at this point but seems it's time. I have 2200dps and 23,000 HP. My res is 30-88ish not using OWE, maybe it's time to start so my AR is all 88.. I'm using MOH/Sustenece and LPS is around 900 per sec. That isn't enough for the elites tho.

I went back to act 3 nightmare and starting to farm more gear to salvage for crafting better lvl 47 swords. I've made a few that have 2.2% LS, 100 LoH, 100dex/vit with sockets, and some with CD. I think if I can craft 2 nice ones that have 2% LS and 80+vit with sockets I mite do a lot better with 4% LS as it's not nerfed like in inferno. Then my bells mite be a instant heal??

Anyone have some tips for starting hell, or have some stats to shoot for before entering?
@Hambone07si
Two things from me:

(1) My main spirit generator as I'm going through the quests was CW / Concussion. I loved that because it slowed the enemies attacks, their MS and reduced their damage output. If I needed to kite, they had 3s of slowed movement before they could come after me. The fact that it hits multiple enemies really helps too. I would switch it to WotHF/FoF for the IAS and MS buffs for bosses.

(2) If you are feeling less comfy, it may be time to swap out the ruby in helm for amethyst. Boosting your HP by around 10% might feel kinda nicer.

I think I had around 30K HP for hell. I also picked up a nice 2Her at around level 53 that allowed me to TR/bell my way through the 2nd half of hell. That 2Her had 320 vit on there or something crazy like that, so it brought up my HP to something close to 50K. I felt positively tanky.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/23/2013 8:41 AM PDT
Lost my Monk at 57 last night :( A nasty rare spawn on top of an elite pack did me in. Time to start a new toon tonight after work! Can't decide what to roll :/
07/23/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Paradox
Lost my Monk at 57 last night :( A nasty rare spawn on top of an elite pack did me in. Time to start a new toon tonight after work! Can't decide what to roll :/

Sorry for your loss, man. :(
07/23/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Paradox

Dame, you lost em eh? Well time to roll another :) .. I had a tough time in hell last night and took a step back for a moment to regroup. Going to try out a few new things later today and try again.
That sucks Middy.

First time playing DH and she is so squashy.
The skills are actually pretty good it's just not enough discipline to use them all.
I like the slow trap, smoke screen, preparation (with life restore rune), the one that allows you to steal life, tumble, etc.
Only if I had discipline to use them all.
@Paradox

RIP Kazin. Glory to the fallen.

I hear WD is a very popular and strong HC character these days. Spirit Vessel is the strongest cheat death ability in the game.

All in all though choose what you have the most fun with.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]