Diablo® III

[CO-OP] HC Self-Found League

If anyone has an INT character around level 40 or coming up on it, I have a half-decent pair of INT/VIT gloves and INT/VIT bracers sitting in my stash for you. I also have some kind of DH quiver that has DEX and IAS. Drop me a line here.
08/14/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
Dude, how do you kill him but die anyway? :)

He was in his explodey phase.when I killed him. I think it may have been his last explodey phase, meaning enrage would begin and he would just do it again immediately. You can see that I had been fighting him for a while - by the NV stack, it looks to be about 7 minutes or so from the time when I killed the elite pack right before his door.

I killed him, but then it when he dies it gets very bright and more difficult to avoid all the explosions. Actually, I had to really try to kill that last sliver of life during those explosions, so I I know I used up my Diamond Skin and maybe Unstable Anomaly as well. Whatever the case - too many explosions and I'm dead.

Demiwrath,

Bummer!!!!! But you got him, so close!

What did you decide, shield or Triumvirate? What was your downfall?

Went with the shield. Too little DPS, probably. I had over 30K, but I realize that I wasn't using a very offensive build. About halfway through the fight I regretted not switching my skills up to stuff that's more useful against Belial. I mean, did I really need to try 5-stack him? Frost Nova is useless, for example.

Also Living Lightning looks like is doesn't hurt him so much. I think it hits him and then stops like it hit a wall instead of continuing to do damage like in most fights.

I remember killing him with my Monk with only about 25K DPS, but I think I'm not used to the fact that Wizard eDPS may be closer to sheet DPS than a Monk's is.

Next time, I'll really tailor my build to Belial specifically before I go in there. And at least I'll have a kick-!@# Triumverate to help me out. :)
Disregard my previous question:

http://i.imgur.com/HCVyCyD.jpg

You know what they say. When it comes to Wizards, 7th time's a charm... I hope...

Oh no!

That's gotta be the crappiest thing I've seen happen.

/e: My recent lvl 50 WD was dead due Azmo's fireball. One shot kill out of nowhere and he had | | much life left.
Edited by Middy#1937 on 8/15/2013 8:36 AM PDT
Ran with TexaStranger with my DH last night in Inf Act 2.

One of the best player to run with :) He is willing to wait around while I salvage/sell every blue item (I need the money!). Also doesn't complain even though I vault around like a moron.

I was planning on buying Archon armor of VIT plan and craft some(more like 1 since I only have 1.6M) but than I realized the VIT one only can get up to 530 stat while the STR/DEX can go up to 630. Probably not an issue since my gears are crap but I may save up and buy STR and DEX one separately.

I got 2 INT glove plan if anyone needs one.

Plans I am looking for
STR: Shoulder
DEX: Shoulder, Amulet, Glove
VIT: All

I don't usually ask for gears but plans I wouldn't mind :D
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 8/15/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Signing up!
Ran with TexaStranger with my DH last night in Inf Act 2.

One of the best player to run with :) He is willing to wait around while I salvage/sell every blue item (I need the money!). Also doesn't complain even though I vault around like a moron.

Thanks for the vouch, Gungnir. Great community we got here - definitely the main reason why I still play! If we care about raw progress we wouldn't be playing self found in hardcore! Oh, and if I was using the Tumble rune I'd be vaulting all over too! Cheers!
Afternoon all.

Had a ton of fun rolling MP 01 Act 1 last night with 5 of us from the league. Got a few group achievements and some boots out of it. Still no archon plans of vit or str though.
I have a 36 DM that is just in NM right now that I would like to join up with if anyone is in that level range.

Atrayu#1663
@TexaStranger
How often(average) do you think the Archon VIT chest craft comes with 2+ Socket?

I tried searching it on the forums but most of them are comparing it with SET/Unique items(AH) and saying how it takes forever to find GG one.

I was going to go with STR/DEX instead of VIt one because it has possiblility of 630 main stat+vit instead of 530 but it's going to take too long to collect all that money. And I feel kind of squashy with my DH.
Where does everyone like to farm for the plans?

I've been doing MP0 Act1 run

Get 5 stack -> Skeleton King -> Spider Queen -> Warden -> Butcher.
Gungnir -

I see your point in wanting to go for max stat option, but realistically you won't come close to max stats on crafts... it's just too hard to find enough gold to be able to invest the millions you will need to get the perfect craft. That's why my logic has been to have several 60s and craft vit items since in almost all cases they roll dex, int, or str in addition to the default 200+ vit. If I were you, I wouldn't put much importance on sockets either because, again, it will take forever to make enough gold to fill those sockets with high tier gems. Take a look at my Barb - she got a 2 socket chest piece but it had only 33 strength (and that was the only 2 socket I've found in probably 10 or so crafts). I'm much happier with the chest pieces on my DH and WD, neither of which have sockets. When I craft, I'm hoping for a decent main stat roll and high all resist, with armor, sockets, life regen, etc a bonus. I've had reasonable success with that expectation.

In terms of farming plans, I suggest either doing quick Skelly King runs or quick Ghom runs. On skelly runs, clear crypts until you get at least four stacks then port to cathedral 3 (you will find at least one elite in cathedral 4). On Ghom, you can sometimes get 5 stacks by just doing Keeps 2 and 3, but you run the risk of having unfortunate encounters with maniacs. Remember, Warden and Butcher don't drop plans... just Skelly and Queen in Act 1, and Queen is just too inefficient given the long walk from Worthom and the maze in the spider lair.
Gungnir -

I see your point in wanting to go for max stat option, but realistically you won't come close to max stats on crafts... it's just too hard to find enough gold to be able to invest the millions you will need to get the perfect craft. That's why my logic has been to have several 60s and craft vit items since in almost all cases they roll dex, int, or str in addition to the default 200+ vit. If I were you, I wouldn't put much importance on sockets either because, again, it will take forever to make enough gold to fill those sockets with high tier gems. Take a look at my Barb - she got a 2 socket chest piece but it had only 33 strength (and that was the only 2 socket I've found in probably 10 or so crafts). I'm much happier with the chest pieces on my DH and WD, neither of which have sockets. When I craft, I'm hoping for a decent main stat roll and high all resist, with armor, sockets, life regen, etc a bonus. I've had reasonable success with that expectation.

In terms of farming plans, I suggest either doing quick Skelly King runs or quick Ghom runs. On skelly runs, clear crypts until you get at least four stacks then port to cathedral 3 (you will find at least one elite in cathedral 4). On Ghom, you can sometimes get 5 stacks by just doing Keeps 2 and 3, but you run the risk of having unfortunate encounters with maniacs. Remember, Warden and Butcher don't drop plans... just Skelly and Queen in Act 1, and Queen is just too inefficient given the long walk from Worthom and the maze in the spider lair.

Yeah that's what I figured.
Better to get VIT chest and not die than save up money lol.
My DH chest is not bad
180+ VIT
60+ AR
and 2 socket

My Barb chest is horrible.

I should really get WD/WIZ to 60 so no items go to waste.

I would imagine Skeleton king is the most efficient for plan farming.
Just get bored doing Skeleton only so I do the rest as well.
But maybe I should do some Skeleton only run until I find some plans.
Lately I've been feeling that my wireless logitech has been more sluggish than usual lately. So I figured since I no longer have to make car payments on my car anymore, that I would spoil myself with a new mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L38QK2/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_i1

This and book 3 of the Sin War are on their way. :)
Where does everyone like to farm for the plans?

I've been doing MP0 Act1 run

Get 5 stack -> Skeleton King -> Spider Queen -> Warden -> Butcher.

Skeleton King and Spider queen are the only bosses that drop Archon Plans in Act I. Don't waste your time with the Warden and Butcher.
Progress report

Barb -> P7 -> Inf Act 3 -> 19K DPS 693eHP
DH -> P5 -> Inf Act 3 -> 26K DPS 281eHP
NEW! WD -> Level 12 -> Normal Act 1

Started a WD to play solo when people are not around and also to use INT/VIT plan to use.

TexaStranger got me a Razerspike of VIT :)
Also bought VIT chest plan and crafted some but didn't get anything good.
Now I am broke lol (less than 1000 gold)

While I will be farming SK for plans, let me know if you got any extra lying around!

Plans I am looking for
STR: Shoulder
DEX: Shoulder, Gloves, Amulet
INT: Shoulder, Bracer, Amulet
VIT: Shoulder, Gloves, Amulet

Extra plans I have
STR: Amulet
INT: Gloves X 2
Got my way past Act 4 on MP2 NM. It was very tough--I probably came close to dying three or four times, and I got caught by bone cages four times, including twice when I was just over 50% health. Fortunately, I survived. I dialed it down to MP1 for Hell, but it seemed very tough. I was fortunate enough to find a simple daibo that bumped my DPS by 25% and left my eSustain and EHP relatively intact (5% loss vs. single target). But the daibo included 1.65 SpS, which allowed me to switch Chant of Resonance (2 SpS) to Resolve. Given that I'm using a SW/Cyclone-Strike build, Resolve is perfect for me. End result? I fought my way to the cathedral fairly simply. I'm going to use the first leg (to Deckard Cain) as a barometer for my ability to handle MP1 on Act 1 in Hell. Wish me luck!

PS. Damn elite Mallet Lords. Especially those with Extra Health.
hi everyone. just dinged 60 im at a4 hell atm

also doing some a3 runs just for fun till i feel ready for inferno.

would like to add some of u that r in the same place i am

liorlevy17#2661
Beat Diablo Inf MP0 with Barb & with TML.

We are both pretty tanky so it wasn't hard. We have very low DPS though. Didn't find any Leg during the whole INF run.

Hopefully MP1 will be better.

EDIT: THIS THREAD REACHED MAX POST COUNT: I HAVE CREATED A TEMPORARY THREAD TO CONTINUE DISCUSSION UNTIL WE GET EITHER EXTENSION ON THIS ONE OR NEW THREAD MY NAMELESS
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9678948485#1
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 8/19/2013 9:53 AM PDT
My lvl48 monk died due to lag and random disconnect from server while fighting some pesky copperfang lurkers on act 2...
So that's it. No more of my HCSF heroes remain. I'll be taking a break from this game for a while so good luck everyone!
RIP Woeborn Para 7 Barb.

Sad Saturday morning for me as I lost my latest Barb very shortly after dinging Para 7 and finding a very nice weapon upgrade I didn't even get to equip.

Totally my mistake as I was trying to farm MP 1 and maybe pushing a bit to hard. I was in the decaying crypt with 5 stacks when I ran into a rare zombie pack. Not all rares are created equally it seems as they practically two shot me. Fought for all I was worth and was about .5 seconds away from leap being off cool down. I simply made the mistake of leaping in leaving all my escapes on cool down. A big no no on higher MP.

I had that feeling while I was clearing Fields that I was maybe in to deep. So if you get that feeling don't ignore.. get the hell out ;-).

So rerolled to a monk named Zeal.

Glory to the fallen!

See you all in game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]