Diablo® III

[CO-OP] HC Self-Found League

HCSF... You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I know. It's not really self-found. It's more like group-found. I'm using SF as short-hand for non-AH... but non-AH is such a mouthful, and SF is the more widely accepted term that communicates those ideals. So yes, technically, we aren't SELF-found, but we are more like... AH-free.

And yeah, I know I can't enforce any of the principles I have listed above. It's only meant as a guideline and illustrative of the mentality. I am sure many people will be using gear found by their other non-HCSF chars, and that's okay for me. The whole point is the co-operative aspect of it. It's not an easy way of playing, but it is certainly more fun when playing in a group of like-minded people.

@Demiwraith: I've added you to the list of people who want to play this way. :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/8/2013 8:49 AM PDT
I've also created a thread about the idea of a HC self-found co-operative in the Hardcore Forums here and adding members here too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9422973295

17 members and counting! :)

edit: Make that 18. More people are joining!!!
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/8/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Awesome updates Nameless, thanks for keeping up this thread. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. If I wasn't so damn committed to pushing my monk as far as he can go I'd definitely consider starting a new HC character. That's something I never would have seriously considered (my level 9 barbarian is the result of a couple of play-sessions very early after release) before reading your co-op's exploits. Please keep them coming!
As my hardcore journey continues into act two I was finding the dw approach not good enough for the content so I ended up going back to my s&b setup. As I started in on the search for kulle I of course hit vota almost immediately I realized that 5k health wasn't enough. ended up finding some upgrades to get me up to ten k life much better. So now at level 43 with 1k dps buffed and 2k armor buffed with 10k hp I am heading to the terminus
I really need to change my internet connection once I get really into HC.

I get disconnected a lot from my wireless connections.
@overg
Come join us! You can at least get it started. It's a lotta fun... some may say that it's addicting. :)

@Blademaster
I'm sitting at 1.3K dps and 13K HP DWing. I'm gonna hold off on the whole S&B thing as long as I can. Hope I don't die with two daggers in my hands. I think I'm ready to complete the rest of A2, but I'm waiting for some folks to catch up so we can continue our way through (I'm looking at you CT!)

On a side note, I think it's time for me to level up some new HC toons. I think I'll be sticking with Monk and WD as my backup toons for if/when my current ones die. I really enjoy both of these classes now (although it did take me a while to get used to the the WD) and I want to keep it going. If anyone wants to join in leveling up some new chars, I'll be on later tonight (after 9PM EST, I think).
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/9/2013 12:31 PM PDT
@overg
Come join us! You can at least get it started. It's a lotta fun... some may say that it's addicting. :)

@Blademaster
I'm sitting at 1.3K dps and 13K HP DWing. I'm gonna hold off on the whole S&B thing as long as I can. Hope I don't die with two daggers in my hands. I think I'm ready to complete the rest of A2, but I'm waiting for some folks to catch up so we can continue our way through (I'm looking at you CT!)

On a side note, I think it's time for me to level up some new HC toons. I think I'll be sticking with Monk and WD as my backup toons for if/when my current ones die. I really enjoy both of these classes now (although it did take me a while to get used to the the WD) and I want to keep it going. If anyone wants to join in leveling up some new chars, I'll be on later tonight (after 9PM EST, I think).

Why more new characters instead of leveling Monk and WD?
Is the number of character cap including SC and HC? or do they have separate cap?
Why more new characters instead of leveling Monk and WD?
Is the number of character cap including SC and HC? or do they have separate cap?

(1) I'm nervous about weather... :P
(2) HC characters die. Whether it's through bad decisions, lag spikes or d/c. They die. If I have another one ready to go, it'll ease the pain. Plus I will still have leftover gear that my levelling monk is growing out of that can be used on the next one that I am levelling up.
(3) This could be my effort to encourage others to join me in levelling up HCSF chars. =D
(4) And then there's the aspect of using them as mules if your main(s) stay alive. :)

--

The co-op is growing! We have 22 members now. This is gonna be awesome!
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/9/2013 2:01 PM PDT
I just got past the Butcher on MP10 Normal this afternoon. I'll be playing my HC monk when I have small chunks of time (and when party invites are available) and my SFSC monk when I have larger blocks of time that I can devote to my NV stack.
My Monk has been shelved lately in favour of levelling up my WD, which is what I was playing last night when I was in a group with Chronotriggr (WD), Gungnir (Barb) and TML23 (Monk). We basically completed A2 and just beginning to work our way through the Keeps to kill Ghom when we had to call it a night. Interesting tidbits of the run - we kept picking up pretty decent DH gear (and little that would actually benefit the rest of us) -- I think Blizz is trying to tell us something! Soooo frustrating.

Meanwhile, my HCSF monk has been on pause and I think it's about time I move forward with her to kill Kulle & Belial and complete A2 in Nightmare. I have a feeling I'm overgeared for the remainder of Nightmare anyway, so I might be ready to charge ahead.

I also have 2 other toons (backup Monk and WD) created and ready to go if someone wants to start levelling up their HCSF toon too.

And on a side note... my poor SCAH monk has been sitting on the sidelines gathering dust. I'm only 4 plevels away from 100, but I don't feel particularly motivated to continue that journey right now. That would probably change if/when one of my HCSF characters bite the dust. In the meanwhile, it's gonna be full steam ahead in HC!
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/10/2013 6:51 AM PDT
Nameless is very good at bulling higher HCTF characters to help out lower level players like us :)

What's with all the DH items!!

I will probably make a DH character just to get all these items just to get one shot.

Not enough game time!

I want to play my SC monk with the new sword I got.
I want to play my HC barb with group
I want to start a new HC DH!

Dang it!!!!
I blame Nameless!

Oh yeah back to work!
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/10/2013 6:50 AM PDT
07/10/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Gungnir
I will probably make a DH character just to get all these items just to get one shot.

I think Chronotriggr has beat you to it. But you should do it anyway. Variety is the spice of life!

07/10/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Gungnir
I blame Nameless!

Muahahahaha. It's working!!! =)

And yes, I love to try to bring people together. I guess that's what's prompted me to make some small attempt at building a HCSF co-op. I'm glad you are having a good time with this though. It does add a very different (and fun) dimension to this game. :)
@Nameless
Chronotriggr can't possible handle all the DH items we are getting.

DH is the only character that I haven't really tried. (I know Monk and Wiz pretty well. Tried pet WD and Barb both are level 60 but didn't do any paragon leveling)
It will be new and exciting(but also very prone to mistake).

I may have to put a pause on my SCAH monk and AHing in order to use both Barb and DH.
Hey, just a heads up Nameless, I progressed to Hell last night and the elites hit HARD!! Almost died multiple times last night (MP1). Might have to go back to MP0... Watch out for trees and chargers in fields. This combination with a pack of elites is VERY dangerous!!!

Oh on a different note, nightmare Diablo was a cake walk!
I recently came back to d3 but my friend list is empty. My normal char is a monk paragon 76 with around 210kdps but this idea seem fun and a good way to meet new player im in !

do you guys need any class, im pretty much open to anyting. Ive played very few HC so far so ill unlock recipe and stash space as I go wich at least wont be wasted even if I die. I think i still have a WD alive in the low 20s but really ill play anything.
07/10/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Orcmaniac
do you guys need any class, im pretty much open to anyting.

If you want something no one else is doing, make a Wizard. There's really only one person doing that ( Zynestria#1168 ). I've got a Wizard, but I'm not sure I really count because:

1. I'm willing to use gear that my AH-using Main has found if it wasn't on the AH.

2. The low probability of my Wizard getting to Inferno. My HC graveyard doesn't really show the depth of my inability to play the class. I don't archive all my dead Wizards. My current record is killing one off at level 8.
Hey, just a heads up Nameless, I progressed to Hell last night and the elites hit HARD!! Almost died multiple times last night (MP1). Might have to go back to MP0... Watch out for trees and chargers in fields. This combination with a pack of elites is VERY dangerous!!!

Oh on a different note, nightmare Diablo was a cake walk!

Good to know. I need to get my monk moving again, I think. Can you let me know what stats you had when you completed Nightmare? Is it basically what's in your profile now? I think I'm seeing 2.1K DPS, 20K HP, 2.2K Armor, 75 AR?

--

@Orcmaniac -- come join! I'll add your name to the list above and start adding people in that list. At any given moment, you might find people who are slightly ahead or behind you (or on par) and you can just try to join a group and soldier along. And yes, I find it to be a great way of meeting people and it is a lot of fun. Welcome aboard! :)

--

Edited OP of thread to articulate more reasons & principles behind the HCSF co-operative (copied from my post in the HC forums linked earlier in the thread)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/10/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Yes sir! I haven't changed anything in my profile except trying different skills.
Wannabeeeeee

Let's play together later. I just got to Hell this morning. :P

Scared.
Sounds good Kim, am at work now, 11 am here won't get home till 4:30 pm. Need to add you to my FL I believe last we played KJ pulled me into the game so I never had a chance to add you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]