Diablo® III

[CO-OP] HC Self-Found League

07/10/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Sounds good Kim, am at work now, 11 am here won't get home till 4:30 pm. Need to add you to my FL I believe last we played KJ pulled me into the game so I never had a chance to add you.

Cool, cool! I'm at work too.

Be home around 6:30PM PST. Will add you in game.
I'm also in Hell now. Hit me up if you see me on.
View profile
Sounds great guys! At least when I die it will be amongst friends :P
07/10/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Zynestria
I'm also in Hell now. Hit me up if you see me on.

cool cool

07/10/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Sounds great guys! At least when I die it will be amongst friends :P

man don't say that! i saw one monk dying yesterday when i played with him for like 20 mins..... terrible feeling!
View profile
LOL ok :P I just came soooo close yesterday I'm trying to come to terms with it before it happens. I don't know if I can keep up with you though Kim. Self found gear is kinda crappy right now.
My heart dropped couple times too. LOL Exciting.

Have you even checked out my monk? It's crap. LOL

I'm self found except the bracer.

I may pick up some gears though tonight. Reduced lvl weapon time probably!

Anyway, we'll play later today for sure. :)
07/10/2013 03:26 PMPosted by KimSulki84
I may pick up some gears though tonight. Reduced lvl weapon time probably!

All I can say is... please respect what I am trying to do with this thread -- keeping it HC self-found co-operative, and no AH use. If you choose to do it via AH, that's your prerogative, but further promotion about the use of it violates the spirit of this thread.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/10/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Oh sorry.

Should I not post in here?
Oh sorry.

It's not that you shouldn't. In fact, I welcome your presence as it lends enthusiasm to playing HC and I love it. But just recognize that the whole point of this thread is to find ways of progression without using AH as a playstyle choice (and perhaps, instead emphasizing teamwork).

Basically, what you are doing is walking into a room full of vegans telling them the virtues of eating steak and meat, completely disregarding their decision to be free of animal product; in the same way, walking into a HCSF co-op thread and singing virtues of AH doesn't seem right for similar reasons. I am asking for respect, not prohibiting your posts. Does that make sense?
Hmmm.. Finding crafting material might be pain later on.

Might have to pick up every single blue item.
View profile
Lol I've been picking up all blues since level I Gun :) It's a pain in the behind! :P
Hmmm.. Finding crafting material might be pain later on.

Might have to pick up every single blue item.

Yes. That's what we do. We pick up every single blue & yellow (as well as green and orange) items, and salvaging the ones that we don't find useful. We're farming for crafting mats, and generously share what we craft that may be useful for others, but not necessarily for us. That's how I'm viewing it anyway. And we spend time crafting for upgrades too... :)

I think that's one of the big differences between playing SF and playing AH. Progression might be slower, but I find it to be more meaningful. :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/10/2013 3:45 PM PDT
07/10/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Lol I've been picking up all blues since level I Gun :) It's a pain in the behind! :P

Yeah I pick up all the blues as well especially since some of them are actual upgrade.
I just thought if I make it to inferno(not sure if it will ever happen), crafting will be so annoying due to RNG + running out of mats.
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/10/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Yeah I pick up all the blues as well especially since some of them are actual upgrade.
I just thought if I make it to inferno -> not sure if it will ever happen, crafting will be so annoying RNG + running out of mats.

This is where I am hoping that crafting in a group will be more fun. I may craft an item with amazing str but I don't play a barb. But hey, if I know a barb in the group, I can pass it off to him... likewise, if he crafts an amazing int item that he can't use... well, he can pass it to me.

For me, items that I find is only as valuable as the actual utility or crafting mats, and AH value would not factor into it. I hope I never find out how much certain things are worth, as I don't want greed to kick in and disrupt the way that I play.
Oh sorry.

It's not that you shouldn't. In fact, I welcome your presence as it lends enthusiasm to playing HC and I love it. But just recognize that the whole point of this thread is to find ways of progression without using AH as a playstyle choice (and perhaps, instead emphasizing teamwork).

Basically, what you are doing is walking into a room full of vegans telling them the virtues of eating steak and meat, completely disregarding their decision to be free of animal product; in the same way, walking into a HCSF co-op thread and singing virtues of AH doesn't seem right for similar reasons. I am asking for respect, not prohibiting your posts. Does that make sense?

Yep, made sense! :)

Sorry about that.
One issue with this whole co-op that you have to come to terms with is the fact that people will have hand-me-downs fron their other characters. Even if someone only has SF co-op characters, they eventually hit 60 and can start farming level reduced weapons and inferno gems for their other characters.

I don't know how others would feel about my main sullying the item pool of the co-op by giving the items I find to my Wizard, but it's an eventuality when people start getting to Inferno ib any case.

It's something everyone is going to have to decide how they want to deal with on their own, I suppose. I'm just mentioning this because I don't want anyone surprised when they start seeing people who have chiosrn to play this way: getting a SF character to Inferno and using that to get their other characters to Inferno. Pretty common HC SF behavior.
@Demiwraith - I would have no issue, in principle, of people doing this. I think I just want to rail against the idea that AH is a required tool for progression. I recognize that it can definitely speed things up, but is it a requirement? I'd like to hope not.

Personally, I am sick of AH reliance for progression even though I use that with my SCAH monk. I have reaped the benefits mind you in that I have been able to get to something close to end-game builds, even if I am not the highest tier and experience the potential of the class. Now, I'd like to go back and experience "proper" progression without being "tainted" by AH, if that makes any sense. For that, I have overg & vrkhyz to thank and to show us that it is possible at least in the SC world (and inspire me to do what they have been doing, but in HC).

BTW, can you tell me whether level-reduced weapons drop in hell, or do I have to wait until inferno before that happens? Just curious...
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 7/10/2013 4:16 PM PDT
View profile
Good question Demi, not sure how everyone else will respond to this but my next HCSF character will NOT use any level reduced hand me downs, but will use regular level items I have saved in my stash. Seeing as I have only 1 character slot left, that will be the end until one or both of them die and I start another one. :)
One issue with this whole co-op that you have to come to terms with is the fact that people will have hand-me-downs fron their other characters. Even if someone only has SF co-op characters, they eventually hit 60 and can start farming level reduced weapons and inferno gems for their other characters.

I don't know how others would feel about my main sullying the item pool of the co-op by giving the items I find to my Wizard, but it's an eventuality when people start getting to Inferno ib any case.

It's something everyone is going to have to decide how they want to deal with on their own, I suppose. I'm just mentioning this because I don't want anyone surprised when they start seeing people who have chiosrn to play this way: getting a SF character to Inferno and using that to get their other characters to Inferno. Pretty common HC SF behavior.

I am fine with hand me downs as long as they were not bought. (I am not sure about level reduced items. I never thought about those)
It's not really SF but to me the point of this is to not use AH.

Me and TML did no AH in SC for a long time before going AH (couldn't really do much in old inferno with self found gears)

Of course people have different definition of self/team found. In the end, it's what you find it to be fun with the self-imposed rules.

OT: Dang I don't think I will get any game time today. Still stuck at work.
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/10/2013 4:19 PM PDT
My personal opinion is that if it was looted from someone playing co-op with us, its fair game for use. As stated earlier, this isn't really a SF thing but a group thing. The only real stipulation is staying off the AH. It's basically progression D2 style.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]