Diablo® III

Is this for real?

I still fire up D3 from time to time to run around and don't usually get involved in yelling at the devs here (I do reserve the right to take issue with battlenet passwords being case insensitive).

Console release will have the following according to an Escapist article titled "Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot":

Crafted items now tailor their stats more to the class that has crafted them.
White and Blue items drop far less.
Artisan upgrades cost less gold.
Vendors are much more likely to sell Rare gear.
Class items are far more likely to drop for the class being played.
The 5-6 fansite attendees at Blizzard HQ managed to find a total of 3-4 items Legendary items on Act 1 Nightmare in one hour.

I think the last one is overkill. Will PC users get the kinds of changed that the first five items cover? If not why?
Reply Quote
PC version is beta.
We'll probably get the things included in the consoles version sometime in 2014.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
Makes you wonder how fanboys can still be fanboys after this right OP?
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Southbronx
You tell me.

Cause a dude who keeps spamming a game's forum is a fanboy. So you know the answer, right?

07/03/2013 04:05 AMPosted by Minkus
The 5-6 fansite attendees at Blizzard HQ managed to find a total of 3-4 items Legendary items on Act 1 Nightmare in one hour.

WOW! Nightmare legendary items! These guys are so going to steam roll at inferno...
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/3/2013 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds like the item-hunt is MUCH more enjoyable in that version.

What? Vendors sell stuff?
Oh yeah, I forgot.. it's that screen with 100% useless items past normal.
Awesome! ;)

This one is unnecessary if you ask me.
It's nice to find items for other classes so you have a reason to play them (again).

But then again, why bother.
PC users won't get this anyway.
Reply Quote
Vendors only sell level <= 59 gear anyway.

Guess PS3 players are really going to enjoy their level 59 rares from vendors.
Reply Quote
Vendors only sell level <= 59 gear anyway.

Guess PS3 players are really going to enjoy their level 59 rares from vendors.

When Diablo 3 first came out, a lot of people used vendor bought BLUE items.

I made MILLIONS off of a 208int/108 vitality amulet I found at a vendor. Bought a full inventory of them and sold them for 500k+ a pop.
Reply Quote
There's no AH for the console so of course self found loot needs to be good. For the PC, most of us just farm the AH for our loot.
Reply Quote
Basically guys, this is self found mode. I don't know about you, but I won't spend even 20$ on self found mode.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this "is"..."for real".. because you provided no link or evidence or proof...and I'm too lazy from depression to look it up... I might anyway though.. I have no life at this moment.. ~Philoi.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:25 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Basically guys, this is self found mode. I don't know about you, but I won't spend even 20$ on self found mode.

Do you understand how contrary to all logic what you just said is? Why would you want to spend less when you'd get more... unless that is.. the game is worth less to you if you cannot sell items to lazy players?

Unless you want to sell items.. this sounds better on console..

I'd go back in time.. stop myself from buying D3 and tell myself to wait until they make the PC version like the console version (drops-wise and no or less AH involvement) or wait until I buy the appropriate console..

But I'm still looking for work, have no money and cannot currently invest in building a time machine.. oh the irony..

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
I still fire up D3 from time to time to run around and don't usually get involved in yelling at the devs here (I do reserve the right to take issue with battlenet passwords being case insensitive).

Console release will have the following according to an Escapist article titled "Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot":

Crafted items now tailor their stats more to the class that has crafted them.
White and Blue items drop far less.
Artisan upgrades cost less gold.

I think the last one is overkill. Will PC users get the kinds of changed that the first five items cover? If not why?

If this is true we have been beta testers this entire time for their console version it really isnt the same blizzard on any level like it was before wow.
Reply Quote

I'd go back in time.. stop myself from buying D3 and tell myself to wait until they make the PC version like the console version (drops-wise and no or less AH involvement) or wait until I buy the appropriate console..

But I'm still looking for work, have no money and cannot currently invest in building a time machine.. oh the irony..

~Philoi.

Does that mean you have a workable theory for building a time machine but lack investment funds?

/endtroll

Just kidding :)
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Nate3531
Does that mean you have a workable theory for building a time machine but lack investment funds?

Are you interested in investing?

:D

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
Well if you have enough to finance a time machine, for purposes of D3 you could do it for a lot less.

1.) Pay Vivendi it's current offering price and buy Activision/Blizzard.

2) Flush Activision down the toilet

3) Put together the old Blizzard North team by offering them huge salary/stock option plans

4) Hire David Brevik and his current team and buy his new game from Gazillion Entertainmentand and voila -- you got it.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 7/3/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Southbronx

The people that think Blizzard just killed their dog are the real fanboys.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Philoi
I don't know if this "is"..."for real".. because you provided no link or evidence or proof...and I'm too lazy from depression to look it up... I might anyway though.. I have no life at this moment.. ~Philoi.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125575-Diablo-III-Console-Version-Makes-it-Easier-to-Get-Loot
Reply Quote

Are you suggesting they release the console version in a worse condition?

I can only assume that we'll see a few of these changes eventually.

No to the crap console release idea.

On the second I am hoping.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]