Diablo® III

Critique the Witch Doctor above you

@death 9/10 for dps but as for so much attack speed I am wondering how do you maintain your mana on uber fights.
View profile
08/20/2013 05:17 AMPosted by nekydo
@death 9/10 for dps but as for so much attack speed I am wondering how do you maintain your mana on uber fights.

7/10 great hellfire roll!
got nice crafted gears...
i would say the one above me is very lucky on crafting.. =)
To nell, I would lose the hellfire ring and get a good frog.
@ LordVaako

I would say loose the TOTD, get serpent. and get boots with PUR. if you dont want serpent u can go with string of skulls and change zuni marrow to tal's chest.
@ LordVaako

I would say loose the TOTD, get serpent. and get boots with PUR. if you dont want serpent u can go with string of skulls and change zuni marrow to tal's chest.

Interesting. I had those to start with actually and found the frog to be incredible. I can literally take on an entire screen of festering woods mp10 (full group strength and no follower) trash mobs by myself. If I go back to TR (which I agree has better stats), I lose the zuni bonus. In my opinion, the paper dps numbers don't tell real story of a firebat build.
@lordvaako - your armor and AR is very low. I'd drop the innas and get a pair of rares. Your zuni boots have a dex roll instead of AR or armor also.
08/20/2013 08:22 AMPosted by pensfan080
@lordvaako - your armor and AR is very low. I'd drop the innas and get a pair of rares. Your zuni boots have a dex roll instead of AR or armor also.

The innas provide other great stats and I have no problem surviving with the life steal on large mobs, but I'll definitely look at other pants. The boots were a tough call. I got the best available that offered me the highest EHP and DPS combo...will definitely keep looking though. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. I've been trying to increase both AR and armor recently so I appreciate the suggestions. Thank you.
The innas provide other great stats and I have no problem surviving with the life steal on large mobs, but I'll definitely look at other pants. The boots were a tough call. I got the best available that offered me the highest EHP and DPS combo...will definitely keep looking though. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. I've been trying to increase both AR and armor recently so I appreciate the suggestions. Thank you.[/quote]

One really simple thing you could do for yourself is replace your TotD. That one is quite good, but playing CoB you have no use for anything over 5m of pickup radius, since that's literally where all your kills will happen (with the 8 yard range you already get from GI). You have a very nice Frog, but you could easily go to a dramatically more damaging Serpent, or even think about getting a SoS or Gory Fetch. This could go hand-in-hand with replacing your Inna's pants with rares, since obviously you need to make up the VIT off that mojo if you change. Realistically you could probably keep your DPS about the same and gain a bunch of EHP stats by doing the full changeover.
Im very new to WD's and would love some advise , Im poor right now and running a 0-dogs build what do you think I should upgrade first ias ? cc , cd and what items

Thanks for the help

GooeyDuck

gdbiker#1134

U have more ar than I do. I have 810ish the armor is where it really helps out I roll with about 4300ish give or take and that is really helpful for tanking. I'd say u could easliy drop 50 ar and be fine. I personally got used to 12 ms and with pestilence and cob the 12 extra ms just isnt needed for me.

U r dh as ur main correct? Any way just wondering but u should add me I've been running my dh a lot since I hit para 100 with my doc.

Im a barb main as you can see from my nearly 90k elite kills on him :P As for the 12% MS yes I had got used to it for a time as well but now that I have 24% MS again I don't think I could go back to 12% again.

You have mannercookie's skorn.......I'm so jelly >.<

EDIT:

@Gdbiker

Personally, I advise new wd to NOT build 0 dog especially if they don't have the $$. But if you REALLY REALLY want to build a gg 0 dog definitely check out heyguyslol's guides and gear.
Edited by SirPandalot#1967 on 8/20/2013 9:34 PM PDT
@sirpandalot
dont know what to say. hmmmm. maybe just go to vendor and buy couple blues to fill up your empty slots for now
@ Hales

jeezus.. that shield. take my kidney for it.
@ Hales

jeezus.. that shield. take my kidney for it.

@Relaxin Godamnit, I was hoping I could flame someone here... but holy eHP batman!
@Grayle

Nice WD.

I'd consider replacing the ruby in your helm with a amethyst and just play a higher MP to make up for the XP loss.

I'm not a big fan of the frog, you loose too much DPS with it. I consider a serpent since they're a great value. You'll need to find PUR somewhere else, but 7 is more than enough for COB.

Also, you should be getting a little more CC from your Pox.
Axiom,

very solid wd, I really like your ammy and the serpent.
Edited by Nickelson#1702 on 8/21/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Oh damn it's been a while and holy !@#$ do I see some SEXY WD's in here holy %^-*

@Nickelson

Your gear is fantastic! I have not seen a unity ring with that much CHD in a long time, very nice. My only tip if I would be allowed to give one , would be to maybe drop a very small bit or maybe not (depending on budget) resistance for a little more health . Of course at any time you are able to add a health gem but I see you are going for paragon levels. Good luck!
only thing i can see is maybe craft some new gloves. a little low on the INT. but hard to get trifecta like that
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]