Diablo® III

Critique the Witch Doctor above you

07/08/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Anguish
@ Toygar very nice overall but i really dont see the need for an soj with the build your running.

I use soj for reducing resource cost at zombie charger mostly.
I am late to the thread and imagine darkvoid has been critiqued already, but here goes.

Great build, with strong DPS, eHP, mitgation. Mana resources perhaps geared towards farming more than Ubers. The amulet is a possible upgrade target - probably though the AH. Might take a while to craft something better.

I am running widow makers/bears as well with lower AS and find having two skill items is great for keeping up mana.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hey guys.. Need some help improving my mitigation and ehp (without using a rare pants)..

What do i upgrade next? I got lots of room for improvements... But short on gold.. (30m nowadays = 0)

Thanks in advance

MY WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shun-1789/hero/22883003
@Engraçadão

Given your budget...

Upgrade gems on pants for +24 VIT (+eHP)

Get new Zuni chest and ring without the single resistance stats. Can get dex or str on the chest for a small + to mitigation. Also higher INT and VIT values on the chest.
@MrBungle

I just started playing my witch doctor so I don't know the class terribly well. You look like a pretty seasoned witch doctor. Your gear looks close to ideal. Your HP seem low. Besides that, your damage, armor, and resists all look good.

Usually depth diggers have a lot of vitality on them. Int, Vit, 2 socket Depth Diggers seem like a logical upgrade, but I can't imagine how much they'll cost, haha.
Temacious

Not bad for a starting WD. You obviously need to improve just about everything, but everything is nicely balanced, you are not over doing dps at the expense of ehp. Just a question why stalker? The movment speed is very short lived. Most prefer Frightining aspect for the armor improvement, which allows people to stay rooted and deal damage as opposed to running away.
Temacious

Not bad for a starting WD. You obviously need to improve just about everything, but everything is nicely balanced, you are not over doing dps at the expense of ehp. Just a question why stalker? The movment speed is very short lived. Most prefer Frightining aspect for the armor improvement, which allows people to stay rooted and deal damage as opposed to running away.

Nice proc doc. Ever think about using a cold soj? Not sure if this is good or not but just an idea
Thanks Keeferton. I have a perfect SOJ (6%, 30%, 7% acid cloud) but i need my litany for mitigation I only have 435 Life in hit which is very low....

*please skip me an crit Keeferton above...
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 7/9/2013 9:26 PM PDT
View profile
@Keef

Nice Skorn/CoB - you look an awful lot like me :)

You're at that uncomfortable spot where upgrades cost alot and gain you little ... but hey that's not a bad thing.

I'd start with the boots - looking at that 132 INT hurt my eyes :) you can afford to sacrifice a little Vit to get your INT up to a respectable level

Because...

You need some crafted shoulders. You should be getting alot more than 80 Vit out of your shoulder slot ... and it's not too hard to do via crafting. Get thee to vota until I see 100+ vit and life% :)
@Keef

Nice Skorn/CoB - you look an awful lot like me :)

You're at that uncomfortable spot where upgrades cost alot and gain you little ... but hey that's not a bad thing.

I'd start with the boots - looking at that 132 INT hurt my eyes :) you can afford to sacrifice a little Vit to get your INT up to a respectable level

Because...

You need some crafted shoulders. You should be getting alot more than 80 Vit out of your shoulder slot ... and it's not too hard to do via crafting. Get thee to vota until I see 100+ vit and life% :)

Amulet and Bracers are amazing, Shoulders are obnoxious, and I think I was bidding on your rare ring on the AH a few days ago.

I guess I dunno about the Depth Diggers. You've got plenty of Tank it seems like, especially at that DPS with a Skorn using CoB. Seems like you could go to RA Inna's or something. It seems like running faster is basically the only thing you could do better.

Can't wait till I get my 5.5% Zuni's soon :D
@freak

bad boots looks so cheap to me, nice ammy thats what iam looking for
I plugged his boots onto your guy on D3 up and you gained about 3k DPS and 22k EHP. I'd suggest bad boots that look cheap as your next upgrade.
hah? my boots is better than his boots, i dont care about 3k dps that boots is cheap
07/10/2013 07:35 AMPosted by frederick
hah? my boots is better than his boots, i dont care about 3k dps that boots is cheap

http://d3up.com/b/852227/freddie

If you look at the EHP calc using the modify, your boots are clearly significantly worse than his "cheap" boots. Your DPS and EHP would both improve by good numbers equipping his boots. Hell yours aren't even definitely better than MY boots, and Darkvoid just gave me the ones I'm using because he's awesome.
@superpope - Vit and armor are too low. Drop the BT pants (those are wizard pants not wd) and get rares like mine. Solves both issues.
Pens.

Fantastic Build. I generally like to see some PUR in a Grave injustice build though. Would recommend finding some in boots, or bracers etc. 6-7 pur goes along way...
@frederick,

New to WD coming from Wiz land. The one thing I immediately noticed is all the different WD builds which is awesome. I'm sure I'll get more out of your critique than you'll get from mind. So here it goes.

Great DPS to MH weapon damage ratio. - I assume it comes from your Skron (which is really nice) and your high CD
Impressive Mit @ 89.82
So it looks like you tank, hit hard, and don't die much

Actually, I like your boots with AR. I add AR whenever I have a chance
So, IMO continue to craft gloves. That 9.5CC glove along with your other stats is out there. And look for a higher INT Lacuni

Cheers
07/10/2013 08:22 AMPosted by blackjack
Fantastic Build. I generally like to see some PUR in a Grave injustice build though. Would recommend finding some in boots, or bracers etc. 6-7 pur goes along way...

PUR is a nice to have I do agree. I haven't found it necessary though for bats build. Everything dies so close to you.
Pens

Like he said PUR is always a luxury specially with GI..at any rate nice doc man! I was struggling with an upgrade for you...maybe a higher cc zuni but gd that thing is already amazing! :)

Good doc man
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]