Diablo® III

SelfFound - MP10 - Video Inside!

Hey guys -

A couple friends and I are doing a little test just to see if we can get to inferno using self found / self crafted gear.

The rules are:

1 - No AH purchases (of course)
2 - No Vender purchases (except health potions)
3 - Can craft items from our blacksmith and gem person from dropped game items salvaged and pages/tomes
4 - Must play on MP10 the whole time

I will chronicle our adventures with some video of the Mini and Act boss fights.

Tonight we made it to the Spider Queen (I forgot to record the spider queen kill - oops!)

But here is the skeleton king in normal, MP10 for your enjoyment.

Check back to my channel / this thread for new videos...

Without further adieu - here is our Skeleton King kill - forgive the video editing - was my first time....:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3HHR7iQgYk

Thanks all -

Rev
Reply Quote
i just started self found the other day (mp0 though,wanna see if i can go to p100 :D)

good luck guys!
Reply Quote
considering the jump in difficulty from hell to inferno, should you make it that far, i doubt you will survive with a rule as stupid as having to play on MP10 the whole time. sorry, but thats the real fact of things. you probably dont want to hear it, but there it is.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Morogoth
considering the jump in difficulty from hell to inferno, should you make it that far, i doubt you will survive with a rule as stupid as having to play on MP10 the whole time. sorry, but thats the real fact of things. you probably dont want to hear it, but there it is.

i think anyone who commits to mp10 self found really doesnt have an issue with dying or "losing" anything good to death lol.

i think you missed the point where this is a game and just for fun. lighten the !@#$ up
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Jonk
never been done before

Dumbest comment in history. This is quite the feat considering how many incredibly dumb posts happen in these forums. But yeah, this one takes the cake so good job!

fact is it's never been done before
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 05:58 AMPosted by badomen

Dumbest comment in history. This is quite the feat considering how many incredibly dumb posts happen in these forums. But yeah, this one takes the cake so good job!

fact is it's never been done before

Perhaps I misunderstood the intention of your post, in which case I apologize for my response. I thought you were being sarcastic because lots of people have done this. If you meant it then you must have thought we were planning on playing THROUGH inferno on mp10 which is obviously not humanly possible lol. We are simply sticking to mp10 up to inferno. After that, we'll switch to the appropriate monster power.
Reply Quote
no problem, i liked and commented on the video

but i do not know anyone, who has progressed into inferno on mp10 self found meaning they beat hell on mp10 self found

quite a challenge and i wish you luck

50 million hc gold to whoever finds proof where it has been done self found beating hell on mp10
Reply Quote
Good Luck! I can't seem to make it past NM act 2 soloing MP10.. In a group you should do better I would think!
Edited by CavemanBass#1663 on 7/2/2013 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty sure we're only applying the rule through Hell. Obviously you can't do MP10 inferno with self-found gear. Heck, most people can't do MP10 inferno in AH gear.

Thanks for the derisive comments though lol. Cheers.

Hey guys -

A couple friends and I are doing a little test just to see if we can get to inferno using self found / self crafted gear.

Oh look, if you had read before being rude, you'd have seen that Rev even said "see if we can get to inferno"... not "see if we can jump right into mp10 inferno." Reading comprehension FTW.

was nothing rude about what i was saying tbh, at least that wasnt the intention if it sounded that way. i just tell it like it is and sometimes ppl dont want to hear it and see it as rude, harsh, or otherwise uncaring and cold.

i did completely read your post and yes i did see that you "intend" to get to inferno. however, my point is still just as valid as it was even if you dont move on from there under the assumption that you will drop all (or one of) these rules once you get to inferno. once you hit the later acts in nightmare you will require more armor/resists then you will likely find. you may be able to get by though if you take your time. however, once you hit hell everything will change and your resists wont be enough to save you.

like i said, im just telling you how it is.
there is a reason why ppl dont MP10 all the way through most of the time even when they do use the AH.
Reply Quote
50 million hc gold to whoever finds proof where it has been done self found beating hell on mp10

i only see they beat normal mp10 skeleton king from that video... I think this has been done by lots and lots of ppl

Edit: cool video though bravo mates! I always admire people take on self found as a challenge, but very few can keep this rule after a couple of hours.
only failed to understand why this has never been done before
Edited by Devangel#6255 on 7/2/2013 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Devangel

i only see they beat normal mp10 skeleton king from that video... I think this has been done by lots and lots of ppl

Edit: cool video though bravo mates! I always admire people take on self found as a challenge, but very few can keep this rule after a couple of hours.
only failed to understand why this has never been done before

was referring to normal - hell on mp10 self found haven't been done that i have seen, not what was in the video, sorry for misunderstanding
Reply Quote
Sorry if I have jumped down people's throats incorrectly. I don't mean to be overly defensive or a jerk. It just seemed like people were bashing us for attempting something that I have already found very fun.

We knew ahead of time that mp10 on Hell was going to be downright awful but we still want to try it. If we die.. well, I for one have died before so it won't be the end of the world :)
Reply Quote
I wish you guys luck on this. MP10 in Hell is going to be brutal, but probably a lot of fun at the same time.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing you won't need to worry about how difficult mp10 is in Hell. I'd be very surprised if you all made it through NM alive.
Reply Quote
Are you guys questing strait through,or re-running some stuff?
Reply Quote
I would say on normal we are going straight through because normal mp10 really isn't that tough imo. I am sure once we get into nightmare we'll have to take it slow and repetitively to look for gear so that we can make it through.

To Tracon though I say thanks a lot for the vote of confidence. I always leave it on mp10 through nightmare when I am levelling characters using AH gear so I don't know why, if we take it slowly and carefully, we couldn't do the same with self-found.

The one caveat here is the lack of an upgraded red gem in the weapon, so dps will automatically be lower. But again, we just compensate by overgearing the rest of the pieces and I just don't see it being too much of a problem.

Now, Hell is entirely a different story. When I'm levelling normally, I usually drop it down to mp5 in Hell (and go all the way down to mp2 or less by the time I get to act 4) so much like others on here, I am a little skeptical of our chances there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]