Diablo® III

SelfFound - MP10 - Video Inside!

i managed to get a square gem in my doc by act 2 nightmare. took a bit of luck, but thankfully i thought to craft some radiant rubies and keep 10 pages of jeweling so i could make the one tome of jeweling (cant think of what theyre really called) and thus one radiant square.

dat 8 dps
Reply Quote
Hey guys - thanks for all the comments - negative and positive.

First - I think we all realize that in all probability we are going to die in Hell. I believe we will be OK through nightmare - all of us have run mutiple players through NM multiple times on MP10. Granted, it was usually with gear we purchased off vendors and some scattering of gear from the AH - but honestly NM is just not that difficult with one exception. I am seriously concerned that Belial will off one of us b/c he can on shot you so easily.

Second - This is purely for fun and just to give some more life to the game for us. All of our little group are about "done" with the game (obviously there is better gear we can get on our characters, but from a fun factor perspective it just isnt there anymore) so we wanted to spice it up. Thus the somewhat ridiculous rule "MP 10 All the way!"

Here is to hoping we can do it. Tonite we will be moving on to finish Act1 and however far we can get into Act2.

As far as re-running content, we have not decided yet. On the table is to progress straight through. We are already "over level" for the content considering the massive bonus experience we are getting from being in group and being in MP10. There is a very defined point of dimishing returns on experience. By the end of Normal, the game is geared for you to be around 30 - once you get to 31 or 32 experience slows massively in Normal. I am going to guess we probably wont re-run content, unless its for the sole purpose of trying to get gear upgrades. I honestly am undecided on that.

Anyway - stay tuned, I will try to edit the video's better and spell everyone's names correctly (Sorry TacoDog (not TacoDoc))!

Rev
Reply Quote
Good luck. I will be impressed if you beat NM so if you do make it through Hell then that would be quite the feat.
Reply Quote
I could actually see this working to some point if and only if, you coordinated some very heavy CC abilities from the entire group. For example, freeze from wizard, confusion/fear from wd, stuns from barb/monk and all of this would have to be highly coordinated. Even if the content outgears you, you can accomplish a lot by perma-ccing mobs/elites. And obviously ALL defensive party abilities have to used like warcry, defensive mantra from monk, and also any kind of damage/attack speed reduction to mobs which I know that monks have for one of their skills. Expert kiting as a group will also be necessary.

Since you'll be farming at high mps, that means you will level quite fast and have access to those kinds of abilities faster and should help you out when things start to get tough. In the end, if you work as a group really well you should be able to get pretty far.

Good luck! ^^
Reply Quote
Dafnie!
Reply Quote
Good suggestions Dafnie (and thanks again for bumping my Barb past Diablo in Hell for me - i hated losing my monk - loved playing him!)

We even tried to do some of that on the skeleton king - to a varying degree of success (we didnt coordinate well) - but yes, we have talked about the need to try to stun lock things as it gets tougher.

I like things that revitalize my interest in a game - and this initiative has done that so far.
Edited by revbungie#1528 on 7/2/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 - No AH purchases (of course)
3 - Can craft items from our blacksmith and gem person from dropped game items salvaged and pages/tomes
4 - Must play on MP10 the whole time

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R1per2-2641/hero/28859285

My NoAH Hardcore MP10 Wizard. Started with empty stash (only gold). Every items are self found (allowing crafting and vendor), and I played solo with him. Waiting for same ruled dudes, to siege hell in party (hopefully I won't die, at the moment, I'm lvl 51 on nm act3).
Awesome experience, huge challenge, best upgrade ever for Diablo (the monster power levels)!!
Edited by R1per2#2641 on 7/2/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Good luck to everyone participating in this challenge! I'm going to try and clear HC Inferno with a self found character before I start leveling one in Monster Power 10. I hope you keep us updated as people progress past milestones.
Reply Quote
Good luck!

Very curious to see how this goes, so I'll be keeping an eye here for sure! I've been trying this myself, and have not been able to even make it into inferno... I always lose the character in the mid 50's somewhere. Very difficult, as the gear does not progress fast enough for you to keep up with mp10. Just as a side note, my last character was lvl54, had more than 30k hp, and got pwned on the second hell rift in nightmare.
Reply Quote
Hey guys - back again - this is the 2nd video in the series - hopefully we will continue to progress.

Just a reminder of our rules:
1 - MP10 all the way
2 - No AH
3 - No Vendor purchase
4 - Crafting OK with in game drops / pages

We downed the butcher in Normal MP10 tonight. We are still going, so I may have 2 videos tonight if we get to Magda in Act2.

On the butcher we really practiced our CC skills (stomp/stun, blindness and Freeze / Time bubble) and worked well. We will have to continue to practice to be effective as content gets more difficult. The nice thing is we all have a fairly large amount of play time on our respective classes, so it should be fun / and challenging.

Also - I would like to say thank you to all the folks that have commented on our attempt and the progress so far. We know this is going to be difficult - but we will go as far as we can.

Without further adieu - here is the link to the Butcher Kill - as a note, TacoDog requested the music of choice - so blame him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgXJDQ0Wg0
Edited by revbungie#1528 on 7/2/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 07:10 PMPosted by NavierStokes
Very curious to see how this goes, so I'll be keeping an eye here for sure! I've been trying this myself, and have not been able to even make it into inferno... I always lose the character in the mid 50's somewhere. Very difficult, as the gear does not progress fast enough for you to keep up with mp10. Just as a side note, my last character was lvl54, had more than 30k hp, and got pwned on the second hell rift in nightmare.

Yup - NM Act4 is where it starts to get tough. I had a lvl54 WD SF MP10 solo that died to Rakanoth. I partly blame it on poor skill choice and overconfidence but a lot still had to do with it was just damn hard. Especially solo.

07/02/2013 07:26 PMPosted by revbungie
On the butcher we really practiced our CC skills (stomp/stun, blindness and Freeze / Time bubble) and worked well.

Wow - you guys frikkin nailed the butcher. Great team coordination. That's the way D3 is meant to be played - congrats. With that kind of coordination you may *just* make it to inferno. Who knows...

Are you using voicechat?

07/02/2013 07:26 PMPosted by revbungie
Without further adieu - here is the link to the Butcher Kill - as a note, TacoDog requested the music of choice - so blame him!

Haha love ironic / out of place music...

GL guys... keep the vids coming.
Reply Quote
Amazing. I want to do this. Grade A nerd sauce.
Reply Quote
OMGGGHHH

I WANT MORE ATTENTION NOW
Reply Quote
Sting ..lol

Show the drops you find and what you use.

He should have showed that but I can tell you, every one of us got yellow weapons and everyone of us salvaged everything we got from that fight lol.

What a waste :)

Also, I gotta say, no vendor adds to the difficulty of this a ton... for example in normal act 2 right now, I still have under 1000 hp and it makes me NERVOUS
Edited by Jonk#1400 on 7/2/2013 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 08:20 PMPosted by familia
Show the drops you find and what you use.

Will do next vid

here is a link to my Wizard if you care to check out what I am currently using - its not much different that what I had on when we killed the butcher:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/revbungie-1528/hero/34597605

07/02/2013 08:39 PMPosted by HVLAthrust
Amazing. I want to do this. Grade A nerd sauce.

We are having fun - feel free to friend me if you want to chat it up some!

07/02/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Poxy
Are you using voicechat?

yep - before we went into the butcher we worked up a rotation. The stomp slam was probably the hardest to see - the blindness is so easy since it has the sparkles above the head.

We are gettin ready to kill Magda in Act2 - probably do that tomorrow, just ran out of time tonight.
Reply Quote
enjoy your challenge. Its gonna be hard but fun at the same time.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:56 AMPosted by Luxifer1983
enjoy your challenge. Its gonna be hard but fun at the same time.

Will do -

I also play my Barb - trying to get him back up to speed to where my monk was when he died, so friend me if you want and feel free to join games if you see me online.
Reply Quote
This is a fun Self-found challenge. I myself can get to Hell difficulty but then there is no way I can survive at MP10. I played solo and you have a team so have fun and good luck!

Oh wait, you guys are playing hardcore? Wow, this IS impressive!
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 7/3/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]