Diablo® III

Demonic Essence, going to keep it short.

I just wanted to make it clear to people, I don't care if I buy DE from people or the AH. What I want is to get rewarded for my time in the game.

TL;DR
I get 33/30 DE for MP 5/10 I propose getting 33/40 in MP 5/10 instead. Even with perfect gear, you will never get better drops in MP 10.

I run 300k + SoJ in MP 5-6 and 265k + IK Belt + SoJ in MP 7-10.
UPDATE: MP 8 gives me the same DE per hour as MP 5 if I use my WH with Rend. MP 10 is the exact same with my WH + Rend. Same DPS in higher MP at a sacrifice to my EHP and LS, which btw makes MP 10 way harder, I still get the same DE. So impressed.

I get 33 DE per hour in MP 5 and I get 30-31 in MP 8-10. So basically, the only reason I am increasing the difficulty is for "the challenge". This is even worse for all other classes because barbs rely on WotB for speed, so the stronger we are, the slower we are in lower MP levels. Though, in lower MP levels, I still get more DE even though my WotB runs out 1-2 times for the duration of the run.

We get rewarded in experience, drops and magic find but we don't get rewarded for being able to do the same with DE. The HP have dramatic increases while the DE has a small increase. Even with perfect gear, you will never get better drops in MP 10. Here are some rates if you wish to see them.

http://pastebin.com/Y5U2LFEf

These numbers of course can be played with. I do feel this is much more fair. In this case, I'd get around 33 from MP 5 and around 40 from MP 10. I think that seems pretty fair. These numbers aren't super hyperbole (IE not asking for 100% drops) and I feel well thought out.

Also, bosses should drop at a 1.5x rate and should have a chance to drop double based on 20% of the current drop rate. MP 10 would have a 72.88% drop rate on bosses and a 9.5% chance to drop 2 of them if the boss drops a DE in the first place. The double drop would require 5 stacks of valor.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 2:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wanna know how many gloves you had to craft to get those godly ones.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 11:40 PMPosted by Kirishima

I got extremely lucky, like winning the lotto lucky, so you shouldn't act as though my one experience is going to be the same for everyone. Just saying that as a precaution.

I crafted maybe 100 of them. A friend of mine probably crafted 500-1,000 and got the best gloves in the world. Mine are about 4th best.
Reply Quote
I would love to be able to sell them, I have a !@#$ ton and I don't even use them lol
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Sogreth
I would love to be able to sell them, I have a !@#$ ton and I don't even use them lol

Judging by your gear, you probably should use them. Eventually you will, I promise. So hold onto them, don't drop them like some people do (dumbest thing I've ever heard). It'd be nice to be able to trade them, but it isn't as important as being rewarded for my time.
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 11:56 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

I got extremely lucky, like winning the lotto lucky, so you shouldn't act as though my one experience is going to be the same for everyone. Just saying that as a precaution.

I crafted maybe 100 of them. A friend of mine probably crafted 500-1,000 and got the best gloves in the world. Mine are about 4th best.

Yeah, I crafted about 60 and not a single one would sell for more than 20k on the AH if they weren't BoA. In fact the odds of rolling 5 good affixes is about 1 in 150,000 which requires at least 7.5 billion gold plus the reagants.

So yeah, I was just wondering. Crafting is basically, you win a hail marry after the first 10 crafts, or you might as well give up because the next 1,000,000 attempts will probably be vendor trash.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I crafted about 60 and not a single one would sell for more than 20k on the AH if they weren't BoA. In fact the odds of rolling 5 good affixes is about 1 in 150,000 which requires at least 7.5 billion gold plus the reagants.

So yeah, I was just wondering. Crafting is basically, you win a hail marry after the first 10 crafts, or you might as well give up because the next 1,000,000 attempts will probably be vendor trash.

Which is basically why the DE drop rate needs to be raised. I honestly think it needs to be even higher, but for now, all I want is to be rewarded for going to MP 10. It would take literally a year to create just a single item that simply had the type of stats that you want, let alone the rolls.
Reply Quote

Which is basically why the DE drop rate needs to be raised. I honestly think it needs to be even higher, but for now, all I want is to be rewarded for going to MP 10. It would take literally a year to create just a single item that simply had the type of stats that you want, let alone the rolls.

The problem is, with the rampant botting, its always cheaper to buy gear than craft for pretty much everyone in the game, whether you have 100k, 100 million, or 100 billion gold.

If bots were controlled, the BoA crafting would actually be worth it, but unfortunately Blizzard since the WoW days has had an addition to botting, never IP banning, just banning the cd key to let them rebuy licenses and continue botting. They are too addicted to the income stream from botters to get rid of them.
Reply Quote
Maybe you find it more worth buying gear, but I sure don't. For instance, if I wanted to buy 150 str + vit 9/6 lacuni's it would cost something like 30b? Not sure. Regardless of that, 30b is the same as 300,000 crafts minus the cost for mats. With that many crafts, you'd probably be satisfied with your crafts a long time ago.

A better example would be the shoulders. Let's say the best vile wards cost 20b. That's 200,000 chances to get better shoulders instead. In the long run, it is by far cheaper to craft than it is to buy this stuff. Someone streamed 13,000 DE crafts recently. I am not sure what he put into the amulets, but he got 2 trifectas and like 10 different amulets that can upgrade him, even though he has basically the best rare monk amulet. I'll put it this way, he gets 117k dps from his rare and I get 96k from my crafted. It must have taken him anywhere from 200-300 hours to get that and he has 400k unbuffed DPS, which is insane.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah but you can't roll movespeed with crafted bracers. Also even average lacunis for 50 mil will roll more dps than godly crafted bracers.

You can have more ehp and dps with rare pants + lacuni bracers than inna's + crafted rare bracers so IMO going with a decent lacunis and high ehp pants is the way to go to maximize your slots, unless of course your don't care about ehp at all, in that case lacunis + inna's is the way to go.

Also, prices of vile wards go up astronomically though for just a few stats. I paid about 300 mil for my shoulders, based on the odds of crafting I would probably have to spend much more crafting just to have a reasonable shot at rolling the same rolls and affixes. I mean, I've already rolled over 100 shoulders, I haven't even gotten Str + Vit + All Res yet, much less come close to what I have on my shoulders, and that's 7.5 mil gold I won't be getting back.
Edited by Kirishima#1651 on 7/2/2013 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah but you can't roll movespeed with crafted bracers.

You can have more ehp and dps with rare pants + lacuni bracers than inna's + crafted rare bracers so IMO going with a decent lacunis and high ehp pants is the way to go to maximize your slots, unless of course your don't care about ehp at all, in that case lacunis + inna's is the way to go.

Let's assume perfect stats and no gems.

300 DD + 200 Bracers 500 Str
100 DD vit + 100 vit Bracers 200 vit
9 IAS
12 MS
6 CC

100 Inna + 300-330 crafted 400-430 str
100 Inna vit + 200-330 crafted 300-430 vit
9 IAS
12 MS
6 + 1 CC

As far as I'm concerned, I'd take the latter. 400 str and 430 vit is way better to me. I like my str, but it'd be dumb to give up 230 vit for 70 strength.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just wanted to make it clear to people, I don't care if I buy DE from people or the AH. What I want is to get rewarded for my time in the game.

TL;DR
I get 33/30 DE for MP 5/10 I propose getting 33/40 in MP 5/10 instead. Even with perfect gear, you will never get better drops in MP 10.

I run 300k + SoJ in MP 5-6 and 265k + IK Belt + SoJ in MP 7-10.

I get 33 DE per hour in MP 5 and I get 30-31 in MP 8-10. So basically, the only reason I am increasing the difficulty is for "the challenge". This is even worse for all other classes because barbs rely on WotB for speed, so the stronger we are, the slower we are in lower MP levels. Though, in lower MP levels, I still get more DE even though my WotB runs out 1-2 times for the duration of the run.

We get rewarded in experience, drops and magic find but we don't get rewarded for being able to do the same with DE. The HP have dramatic increases while the DE has a small increase. Even with perfect gear, you will never get better drops in MP 10. Here are some rates if you wish to see them.

http://pastebin.com/Y5U2LFEf

These numbers of course can be played with. I do feel this is much more fair. In this case, I'd get around 33 from MP 5 and around 40 from MP 10. I think that seems pretty fair. These numbers aren't super hyperbole (IE not asking for 100% drops) and I feel well thought out.

Also, bosses should drop at a 1.5x rate and should have a chance to drop double based on 20% of the current drop rate. MP 10 would have a 72.88% drop rate on bosses and a 9.5% chance to drop 2 of them if the boss drops a DE in the first place. The double drop would require 5 stacks of valor.

You mentioned an IK belt on MP7-10, do you use a Witching Hour on MP5-6? What is your 3rd passive on MP5 and MP10?
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Shango
You mentioned an IK belt on MP7-10, do you use a Witching Hour on MP5-6? What is your 3rd passive on MP5 and MP10?

The skills I am using now is what I use on all MP levels. Yes I use my WH on Mp 5-6.

If you're looking for tips, here is a good one. If you can't crit 100% of the time with HotA, use Overpower. If you can crit 95%>, don't use Overpower and use Leap instead. Chances are, leap will help you save more time than OP will at that point. I am at 92% with HotA, so I get almost full benefit from it.
Reply Quote
farming on that mp level with your gear is too low or just lazy atleast mp8 for consistent drops for essence another thing is your build i only see low levels using it and dieing on mp10 try my build for speed and dps 300k is what holds you back.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:10 AMPosted by DecadoKiller
farming on that mp level with your gear is too low or just lazy atleast mp8 for consistent drops for essence another thing is your build i only see low levels using it and dieing on mp10 try my build for speed and dps 300k is what holds you back.

Not completely sure as to what you're saying since you worded it so oddly. From what I am grasping, you're telling me to use your build and having 300k dps is holding me back. My DPS isn't the point. Even if I had 700k DPS, I'd still get faster DE on MP 8 than I would MP 10.

I just looked at your build and I have to say, it'd definitely be slower than mine. I'll try something similar, but I can basically guarantee it's slower. Whirlwind isn't as good for elite killing, rend is good for surviving which I don't need and if I use it with HotA, it just wastes one of my smashes using it and bash I basically always have another 24% more damage. I'm probably going to test out WH + Rend instead of OP. If I had more CC, I wouldn't use OP at all.
Reply Quote
I agreed. Playing in higher MP should be more rewarding for the DE, this is similar to the scenario for experience previously.
Reply Quote
Yeah HOTA + Rend does at least 30% more single target dps than whirlwind does, based on my timed Belial MP10 trials. WW is not very efficient at high MPs, you see almost all streamers using Hota build in high MP farming.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:16 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
it just wastes one of my smashes using it and bash I basically always have another 24% more damage

I had a question about that.. I'm not a huge barbarian player, so please bear with me.. But why would you use bash punish when you could be using frenzy maniac? Why do I see people using bash? What makes it so good? ~Philoi.
Reply Quote
it just wastes one of my smashes using it and bash I basically always have another 24% more damage

I had a question about that.. I'm not a huge barbarian player, so please bear with me.. But why would you use bash punish when you could be using frenzy maniac? Why do I see people using bash? What makes it so good? ~Philoi.

Bash lasts longer and I believe the stacks don't reset like frenzy, you can't see the bash stacks so I can only assume based on my experience keeping an eye on my DPS. Basically, Punish lasts for 5 seconds and if you wait 5 seconds then bash again, it seems to just go back to 3 from 2. Where as frenzy lasts like 3 seconds and if you wait to long, it removes it completely and you have to hit 5 times again. If frenzy changed the speed of my HotA, I'd definitely use it. Since it doesn't, it's a waste to use it. Bash is by far better. Easier to manage and does more damage, both in the bonus and the swing.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

The skills I am using now is what I use on all MP levels. Yes I use my WH on Mp 5-6.

If you're looking for tips, here is a good one. If you can't crit 100% of the time with HotA, use Overpower. If you can crit 95%>, don't use Overpower and use Leap instead. Chances are, leap will help you save more time than OP will at that point. I am at 92% with HotA, so I get almost full benefit from it.

You gave someone else who replied a tip about his gear, then gave me a tip, let me return the favor...

You can't farm MP10 with LESS DPS than you do MP5 and get better results... you farm MP10 with over 10% less DPS than MP5... gg

You have a nicely geared Barb, I'm sure you do ok in MP10, but to put it bluntly you (and myself) are not even close to being geared to efficiently farm Elites in MP10...

07/01/2013 10:45 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

here is a link to a thread in the barb forum where people post videos/talk about averaging 18-22 seconds per Elite in MP10... pretty sure these bad boys are getting better drops in MP10,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088618856?page=1

I hope this tip has helped you, feel free to add me in game if you need another tip.
Edited by Shango#1124 on 7/2/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]