Diablo® III

Demonic Essence, going to keep it short.

@OP As you already know I agree 100% with you. I have stated pretty much the exact things in numerous posts about DEs, but so far nothing is happening and I don't know why.

This dev team keeps embarrassing itself over and over, I just don't get it.

Lyllirra if you read this: You "were looking into it" over 2 weeks ago, what happened since then?

I haven't played your game since 2 weeks, because it bores the crap out of me to waste my time trying to find a good item which is not happening anyways.

So while you're not able to find a good item and the itemization patch is ages away, why can't you give us SOMETHING that makes us play your game until then?

I would love to craft thousands of amulets, gloves and shoulders until I get something godly.
Will I farm for them with a completely broken drop rate? HELL NO.

Seriously, how could a drop rate like this even have been implemented? Just look at the damn numbers, a 6 year old can see that the monster health with their respective drop rate MAKES NO SENSE at all.

Combine this with the fact that you have to craft several thousand pieces per slot to get a good one and you know why people rather flip items than play your game.

A simple hotfix is all it would take. 10% drop chance per monster power. Bosses should be able to drop several of them, maybe up to 5 on mp5 and up to 10 on MP10 with 5 stacks.

Will it harm the game? Nope.

Will it promote self-found? Yes.

Will it keep players motivated to play? Yes.

Will it create the first effective gold sink? Yes.

So what are you waiting for Blizzard?
Reply Quote
Of course you can't get more in MP 10 with less dps, it's just the ability to survive with the same DPS is a problem. I'm going to try MP 10 with the max dps again using rend. I'll see what happens.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:39 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Of course you can't get more in MP 10 with less dps, it's just the ability to survive with the same DPS is a problem. I'm going to try MP 10 with the max dps again using rend. I'll see what happens.

Well why did you make this thread comparing your DE rates on MP5 with more DPS than you had on MP10... if you don't have the same survivability on MP10 you'll be kiting and dying so your results will be skewed toward lower MP's as well.

I can't remember ever looking at one person's profile who consistently posts about DE rates on MP10 who really had the gear to farm it efficiently... the reality is our characters aren't as godly as we'd like to think...
Edited by Shango#1124 on 7/2/2013 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just tried MP 10 with Rend instead of using my IK belt. It was way harder to do and I still got an average of around 30-31 in that run, judging by what little elites I killed. With rend in MP 8 though, I improved in kills by very little. It's now on par with MP 5 (whoopty doo).
Reply Quote

Well why did you make this thread comparing your DE rates on MP5 with more DPS than you had on MP10...

Ok I'll update it because guess what? I still got the same in MP 10 using my WH. Happy? It's not as though the drop rate would miraculously go up to 40 per hour because I wear all my DPS gear...
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 02:39 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

07/02/2013 02:51 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Just tried MP 10 with Rend instead of using my IK belt. It was way harder to do and I still got an average of around 30-31 in that run, judging by what little elites I killed. With rend in MP 8 though, I improved in kills by very little. It's now on par with MP 5 (whoopty doo).

How long did it take to kill ellites on MP10? How many did you kill?

07/02/2013 02:53 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Ok I'll update it because guess what? I still got the same in MP 10 using my WH. Happy? It's not as though the drop rate would miraculously go up to 40 per hour because I wear all my DPS gear...
Edited by Shango#1124 on 7/2/2013 3:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It probably takes me like 20 seconds or something to kill a pack, but of course that doesn't include the walking time.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/2/2013 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@OP I disagree. Difficult choices make playing a game more interesting. If higher MP was dominant (as in better all around) then people would just flock to the highest MP they can handle.

But as is, now you have to make the choice:
Do I want to farm for items?
Do I want to farm for exp?
Do I want to farm for demonic essence?
Do I want to farm for gold?

Each of these requires a different strategy, and a different MP. Keeping a diverse set of gameplay experiences viable is important.
Reply Quote
@OP I disagree. Difficult choices make playing a game more interesting. If higher MP was dominant (as in better all around) then people would just flock to the highest MP they can handle.

But as is, now you have to make the choice:
Do I want to farm for items?
Do I want to farm for exp?
Do I want to farm for demonic essence?
Do I want to farm for gold?

Each of these requires a different strategy, and a different MP. Keeping a diverse set of gameplay experiences viable is important.

So boring or semi interesting? With my DPS:
MP 10 is best for items
MP 8-10 would be best for exp if I needed it.
MP 5-8 is probably best for me in DE.
Who farms for gold?
Reply Quote
So boring or semi interesting? With my DPS:
MP 10 is best for items
MP 8-10 would be best for exp if I needed it.
MP 5-8 is probably best for me in DE.
Who farms for gold?

This means there's something you can do in 6 of the 11 MP's! I'd say that's a pretty successful game design. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think you should feel like you're forced to play MP10. (If MP10 is more efficient at everything, then it feels like you're forced to play it)

I did my share of "gold farming" ages ago when a million gold an hour was worth it - back before MP was introduced. (I was still killing monsters, just geared for extra gold find and pickup radius)
Reply Quote
Look out... it's the war of the potatoes.
Reply Quote
King Kongor said in three seven hour tests he avg'd 31 per hr in 10, 34 per in 9 and 40 per in mp8. You have roughly the same DPS and defensive stats although he's got more life, maybe you should check his build. If you missed it his video about the tests are on the front page in a blog post about DE farming.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10326035/community-commentary-oh-demonic-essence-where-art-thou-6-27-2013

Not that I'm a fan or anything but I'll check out tips where I can get them.

Oh here's his barb
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KingKongor-2672/hero/50747

I do agree the rates should be adjusted to be in line with the increase in difficulty.
Reply Quote
I've seen his barb and he has far more DPS than I have. The reason his tests are so low is because of his build. It isn't good. He's using Whirlwind (I suppose to make sure he doesn't die as much) and leap. He has like 97% CC with HotA, so he probably doesn't need OP. He's using Bloodthirst instead of brawler and he isn't using Bash - Punish. If he used Brawler and Punish alongside Rend + WH or IK belt + OP, he'd get at least 35-40 in MP 10. His build is horrid.
Reply Quote
Anyone else understand my position on this?
Reply Quote
All I know is crafted 166 gloves today and I didn't roll anything within 40k dps of what I already have, and my rare gloves are crap compared to what you have ISmkPotatoes...

Sigh.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 12:59 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Which is basically why the DE drop rate needs to be raised.
It actually has to be lowered, drastically. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone would want to craft more than 45 pair of gloves per hour. Lower the DE drops to about 5% of what it is now and instead increase the likelihood of getting a good roll by the same amount.

This isn't a crafting game.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:55 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Which is basically why the DE drop rate needs to be raised.
It actually has to be lowered, drastically. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone would want to craft more than 45 pair of gloves per hour. Lower the DE drops to about 5% of what it is now and instead increase the likelihood of getting a good roll by the same amount.

So to you, 5% drop rate with a 50% chance of being good is better than a 25% drop rate and a 10% chance of being good?
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 03:27 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
It probably takes me like 20 seconds or something to kill a pack, but of course that doesn't include the walking time.

I was going to ask right after you posted these results... that is why I quoted the post where you said your were going to do the test, then your results... 12 minutes apart...

The following quote is from another thread you started...

07/01/2013 11:41 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Sorry, I lied in the OP. I never did test what I said, but I just did. I can maintain my fury with it, but it definitely isn't worth the exchange in DPS. I edited it to be correct.

I'm curious did you actually do this MP10 test, because you said it was way harder to do but you also said you had kill times of around 20seconds, which is right around the same time for the best geared barbs in the world...

Even if you did do the test, basing any results off a 12minute run seems like a real stretch...
Reply Quote
I tested it quickly because I didn't feel like doing a long test. The fury deal I only tried a fury weapon and full IK, which I couldn't maintain my fury on 2 packs (in vota) with everything, it was extremely easy in fields of misery and I suspect almost as easy in VotA. Like I stated, you lose to much dps for it to be worth doing.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:59 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

So to you, 5% drop rate with a 50% chance of being good is better than a 25% drop rate and a 10% chance of being good?

I just knew you would find something to complain about this. Yes of course more of something is better than less of something, it's being taught in kindergarten after all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]