Diablo® III

Wishlist - Game Improvements

Small Changes: Refer to: us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6352085679#1

11.) Increased stack sizes for gems/crafting materials: I have plenty of flawless squares sitting around waiting to be crafted, and wish they didn't take up so much space while I hunt down tomes. [Thanks Kuronishen!]

12.) A way to toggle numbers above your life/resource pools: I know this was something I loved having in Diablo 2, and to my knowledge it's something that isn't in D3. [Thanks Kuronishen!]

13.) Vendor items from the AH screen: This can help clear your stash/inventory of unwanted gear whilst scanning the AH for more gear. [Thanks Fortoom!]
Reply Quote
Small Changes:

14.) Adding separators to gold values: This can be done in many ways. I've read about this a quite a few times and it feels like it is an important feature. I know the commas and full-stops were removed to not confuse some with different numbering systems. But why not add this in options to make it either: 1.) No separators, 2.) Comma separators or 3.) Full-stop separators. This will help prevent selling items at unintended prices or accidently trading too much in the trade window. [Thanks Samfisher!]

15.) Paragon achievements: Probably not very significant to gameplay, but I feel reaching pLvl 100 is a lot more challenging achievement than reaching cLvl 60.

16.) Gear cosmetics: Dyes that mimic the looks of other gear can be quite useful to those seeking more customization in their character's looks eg. The ability to make a Mempo of Twilight look like an Andariel's Visage or any other helm, but have it still look like a mempo of twilight in the inventory screen. This is definitely a small change ( If considered individually), but can turn out to be quite a big change if all items were changed like this. This is definitely a good solution to all barbarians looking the same with their Immortal King look. :)

Big Changes:

7.) Improving the lower level crafting gear: With the presence of the AH, crafting any gear other than the Archon items seems pointless. Why are they there? They seem to have been buffed on the console version, and thats a good thing. The only problem is maybe the AH filling up with gear obtained from crafting, but there are always ways around this: 1.) Make all craftable gear account-locked, 2.) Remove the account-locked gear function and rather make them untradable etc. I don't see the point of crafting the lower iLvl gears. It is cheaper to buy a silly lowlevel waepon on the AH, than to go and salvage items that can be vendored for materials and craft a very poor item. [Thanks JeebusLee!]
Reply Quote
Love all of these except point number 8 under Small Changes and points 4 and 6 (.1-.3) under Big changes.

Class-specific gear is one of the franchise hallmarks introduced in D2, if you like the visuals of another classes gear perhaps it can be implemented via Cosmetic Dyes (Transmog, point 16). As for 6, it's more of a whole new feature as opposed to the rest of these which are really just general changes.

I don't see the point in 8 (custom zoom). We have a zoomed view purely to inspect our character, I can''t see anyone actually playing with a view that isn't fully-zoomed out. Philoi is mistaken regarding the camera on the console version, it only widens in local co-op play to keep all the character on one screen. Otherwise it is at a fixed angle just like the PC version.

These ideas are my favorites;

- Transmog on gear (confirmed as in the works!)
- Sharing stash tabs in chat
- Alternate "build' saves
- Vendoring from the AH screen
- More monster affixes

And these ones are no-brainers and really should be implemented ASAP

- Increasing Stack sizes
- Option for separators in gold values
- Improving lower level crafting
- Skill modification through gear (coming with loot 2.0!)

Great post pusimusidu! :D

Edit: Oh and I would of course love an Ironborn mode/tag if one was to ever be introduced!
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/3/2013 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 06:22 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Love all of these except point number 8 under Small Changes and points 4 and 6 (.1-.3) under Big changes.

Some of the ideas compiled are not exactly the greatest, but I might just keep them on for the sake of the idea. I might go and edit the less-favourable ideas into its own category soon. If you haven't noticed, I keep updating the first post to just create a centrally referable list.

07/03/2013 06:22 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Edit: Oh and I would of course love an Ironborn mode/tag if one was to ever be introduced!

I've already added that into the Debatable-if-small changes list. I believe they're considering it at Blizzard, but no confirmations so far.
Reply Quote
Small Changes:

16.) Altering the movement speed cap: Why is it capped at 25%? Why not more? I think this would be better to be increased (to 40%? What's a sensible number?), or just completely scrapped.

17.) Text shortcuts through the numpad: I don't know about other players, but the voice commands seem a bit useless to me. I'd rather just type it into the chat window. Maybe add the ability to instantly send custom messages through the numpad such as: Sell, Repair, Help, NV Stacks? etc., so that you don't have to type these messages during combat and save some time.

Big Changes:

6.) More difference between weapon types: It just feels like axes/swords/maces/hammers are the same with just different looks and varying APS. It has always been that there are underlying mechanics which greatly vary these weapons? As is, the insignificant differences make it pointless to have varying weapon types. They might aswell all just be swords. I can't remember who mentioned this, but something like an inherent "base bleed, armor pierce, stun"% chance with each weapon type.
Reply Quote
Auto pickup Tomes & Mythic Heath Potions and/or Gems (Like Gold)
Customizable autopickup - Legendaries ilvl 63 items

Tooltip compare out of Trade chat when not in game

And absolutely 100% need to be able to vendor or disenchant items out of stash while in the AH. Also the ability to move items around in stash while in the AH.
Edited by Reximus#1584 on 7/3/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Auto pickup Tomes & Mythic Heath Potions and/or Gems (Like Gold)
Customizable autopickup - Legendaries ilvl 63 items

Tooltip compare out of Trade chat when not in game

And absolutely 100% need to be able to vendor or disenchant items out of stash while in the AH. Also the ability to move items around in stash while in the AH.

Thanks, your ideas have been added as 18.), 19.) and 20.) in small changes!
Reply Quote
New Additions:

Small Changes:

18.) Customization of auto-loot options: Have the option to set which gear to be auto-looted, similar to the way that gold is eg. Setting a minimum iLvl to be looted (Which adjusts itself with +1 iLvL) as you your character levels, auto-looting a minimum tier potion (eg. all cLvl 60's will auto-loot mythic potions), auto-loot materials etc. [Thanks Reximus!]

19.) Out of chat item comparison tooltip: The ability to compare gear to your currently selected character when out of game (The green number differences). It is frustrating to enter a game every time you see a nice game just to compare it. [Thanks Reximus!]

20.) Moving items in the stash/inventory while in the AH sell tab: This change will work well with 12.). The ability to move around items in the stash and to different tabs while working in the AH will again save effort with having to enter a game every time to do this. [Thanks Reximus!]

21.) Temporary banner-teleport invincibility: This is to prevent deaths from banner-teleporting into the heat battle, just to be slain instantly by 1 - 2 seconds of lag. A 1 - 2 second invincibility buff just when you click on someone's banner could suffice for this unnecassary form of death. [Thanks Supreme!]

22.) An Auction House Wishlist: This a way to "tag" items in the AH for reference to other buys, or just to keep an eye on them. A truly useful feature to all the AH vulture out there! [Thanks Jackal!]
Reply Quote
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet but;

Legendary-specific affixes searchable on the AH. Example; When we are looking for a SoJ, we can pick the skill bonuses from the drop down menu. Or when we are looking for lacuni's we can pick attack speed.

It actually really confuses me as to why this hasn't been implemented yet.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet but;

Legendary-specific affixes searchable on the AH. Example; When we are looking for a SoJ, we can pick the skill bonuses from the drop down menu. Or when we are looking for lacuni's we can pick attack speed.

It actually really confuses me as to why this hasn't been implemented yet.

I know, this is truly annoying. Having to manually search for the chantodo's wand with "+0.24 - +0.25 APS" is a nightmare. Thanks for mentioning this. I'll be adding this to the list.

PS: I'm surprised myself that I havent added this since it was on my mind earlier, and every time i try to snipe the ole AH. If you have any other ideas, please end them this way! Thanks!
Reply Quote
New Additions

Auction House

4.) Searching for legendary-unique stats (which are not found on blue/rare rolls) on the AH: Quite an important feature to have since it creates a big hassle to find that "Chantodo's Will with +0.25 APS" or the "Lacuni Prowlers with a sweet +6% critical hit chance". This is a crucial feature which should've been added from the start. [Thanks DamienJohn!]

5.) Sorting items by bid amount: I'm there's a reason why one can't sort by bidding, to prevent sniping or some other reason. But why? Either way, this is a feature that should be implemented.

6.) Filtering items by a maximum bid amount: Similar to the maximum buyout option,

Convenience

15.) Character delete lock: Currently, if you delete two characters, you can only restore the last one, and the first one is gone forever. This happened many times before to many people, and there should be more safety in place for this. Be it trolls who are just doing it for giggles, or late-night accidents, it happens. [Thanks Bjorn!]

Aesthetics

none.

Gameplay

5.) Incentives for killing bosses: More drops/gold should be awarded for killing bosses, especially on Inferno. As is, killing story bosses are not worth it compared to just running elite/trash mob killing sprees and going on uber runs. The incentives should be enough to make it worth it to tie them into these farming runs, but not enough to make them the most efficient way of farming. [Thanks ontheleft!]
Reply Quote
Did you have to change the thread title like that? You don't speak for all players.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Dralix
Did you have to change the thread title like that? You don't speak for all players.

Sorry, I changed it to something more subjective.
Reply Quote
1.) Vendor items from the AH screen: This can help clear your stash/inventory of unwanted gear whilst scanning the AH for more gear. [Thanks Fortoom!]

2.) Moving items in the stash/inventory while in the AH sell tab: This change will work well with 12.). The ability to move around items in the stash and to different tabs while working in the AH will again save effort with having to enter a game every time to do this. [Thanks Reximus!]

I say NO, to both of these because it further promotes playing the AH instead of the game, if you are forced to enter a game every time you need to move things around you may very well just actually play the game, where in this instance you wouldn't be forced to join a new game ever. You could forever play the auction house and not enter the game ever again.

2.) Skip cutscene/dialogue/quest completion/lore update option/button: It is annoying to have to repeatedly pres Esc+Enter to skip a cutscene and bash Spacebar to skip ahead on dialogue from NPCs. [Thanks Waitubold!]

I only use Esc, and I turn the dialog off if I don't want it.

I can no longer read further TL:DR. There are a few more suggestions in ehere I don't believe should come into play, like autopick rares, only consumables should be considered for autopick up. And no more of this manipulation of stash and items outside of game, it will only make the AH flippers more prominent since they won't actually need to join a game to profit.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:21 AMPosted by pusimusidu

Sorry, I changed it to something more subjective.

Thanks. Just one of my bugaboos :)
Reply Quote
If I die. I should be put back in town instead if a check point.i feel it's annoying to port back to town. also upon death all cooldowns should be automatically reset. Remove account bound.

Edit: for leveling you can add things like reduce cooldown by 1%
Add x% damage by 1%. Reduce cost of skills by 1%. Make it to choose so you can customize your char of course % was just an example numbers would need to be worked. If you can think of other adds to choose from.
Edited by Deadfront#1699 on 7/3/2013 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1.) Vendor items from the AH screen: This can help clear your stash/inventory of unwanted gear whilst scanning the AH for more gear. [Thanks Fortoom!]

2.) Moving items in the stash/inventory while in the AH sell tab: This change will work well with 12.). The ability to move around items in the stash and to different tabs while working in the AH will again save effort with having to enter a game every time to do this. [Thanks Reximus!]

I say NO, to both of these because it further promotes playing the AH instead of the game, if you are forced to enter a game every time you need to move things around you may very well just actually play the game, where in this instance you wouldn't be forced to join a new game ever. You could forever play the auction house and not enter the game ever again.

2.) Skip cutscene/dialogue/quest completion/lore update option/button: It is annoying to have to repeatedly pres Esc+Enter to skip a cutscene and bash Spacebar to skip ahead on dialogue from NPCs. [Thanks Waitubold!]

I only use Esc, and I turn the dialog off if I don't want it.

I can no longer read further TL:DR. There are a few more suggestions in ehere I don't believe should come into play, like autopick rares, only consumables should be considered for autopick up. And no more of this manipulation of stash and items outside of game, it will only make the AH flippers more prominent since they won't actually need to join a game to profit.

I do not see the negatives in these other than hatred towards anything other than the Auction House itself. Since most of the game is based around it, we don't have much more choice than to embrace it.

Your argument is that people need to repeatedly join empty games in order for them to be able to sell the gear on the auction house. That seems counter-productive. Wouldn't it be faster to just do your AH doings and then waste less time in order to play more of the game itself? That is the whole purpose of these features - Waste less time, play more game. (Before this is taken out of context - I mean to not waste time on frivolous activities for who just quickly flip the AH and want to join the game immediately),

Apparently, an Ironborn mode is on its way. That will hopefully remove the Auction House from the game. But until then, why not improve the Auction House for those that wish to use it?
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Deadfront
If I die. I should be put back in town instead if a check point.i feel it's annoying to port back to town. also upon death all cooldowns should be automatically reset. Remove account bound.

1.)Thanks, this is a worthwhile idea. Would it be better if there were a third option, besides "revive at check point" or "accept Resurrection", that read "revive to town"?

2.) Resetting all cooldowns at death can be exploited such as for Archon or Call of the Ancients.

3.) Removing account bound is good, but the latest crafts are made so to prevent further rapid destruction of the economy. If you can find a fix for that, let me know - my ears/eyes are wide open.
Reply Quote
Your argument is that people need to repeatedly join empty games in order for them to be able to sell the gear on the auction house. That seems counter-productive. Wouldn't it be faster to just do your AH doings and then waste less time in order to play more of the game itself? That is the whole purpose of these features - Waste less time, play more game. (Before this is taken out of context - I mean to not waste time on frivolous activities for who just quickly flip the AH and want to join the game immediately),
Apparently, an Ironborn mode is on its way. That will hopefully remove the Auction House from the game. But until then, why not improve the Auction House for those that wish to use it?

You missed the point that I was making. Most people who use the AH don't play the game, with the current game system they are FORCED to enter a game and not be browsing the AH, if you were to implement these features the players who only wish to "Play the Auction House" would never have to set foot in a game ever again, further promoting flippers, since they would never have to join a game to get rid of items that aren't selling or move items around their stashes.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:37 AMPosted by grovak
You missed the point that I was making. Most people who use the AH don't play the game, with the current game system they are FORCED to enter a game and not be browsing the AH, if you were to implement these features the players who only wish to "Play the Auction House" would never have to set foot in a game ever again, further promoting flippers, since they would never have to join a game to get rid of items that aren't selling or move items around their stashes.

I see your point, but I interpreted it as such: 1.)Flippers are disadvantaged by having to join town, 2.)but so are those who genuinely want to quickly use the AH.

Is it worth it to punish those who genuinely use the AH, in order to add a minor penalty of say 2% extra time spent to flippers?

This system causes a minor inconvenience to flippers and a major inconvenience to non-flippers, considering the relative time non-flippers use the AH.

Edit: Changed 2% to 2% extra time spent
Edited by pusimusidu#2707 on 7/3/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]