Diablo® III

Wishlist - Game Improvements

Yes item links that were work on forums.
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 03:14 AMPosted by Kageki
Yes item links that were work on forums.

I assumed that and added it in Convenience: 17.). Thanks for the sweet idea!
Reply Quote
love it, although senseless could devastate people in hardcore haha.

also, i would like to suggest they remove or change how disconnects function in hardcore. if you DC, you are left in game for 10 seconds (but really its more like 40-50 seconds), you can imagine this becoming a problem, as my paragon 100, hardcore, mp7+ capable witch doctor could be killed on mp0 just from me being left in game after disconnecting >_>
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 03:52 AMPosted by Isolation
love it, although senseless could devastate people in hardcore haha.

More risk is more value in hardcore. :)

07/05/2013 03:52 AMPosted by Isolation
also, i would like to suggest they remove or change how disconnects function in hardcore. if you DC, you are left in game for 10 seconds (but really its more like 40-50 seconds), you can imagine this becoming a problem, as my paragon 100, hardcore, mp7+ capable witch doctor could be killed on mp0 just from me being left in game after disconnecting >_>

The problem with this is the detection of your disconnect, meaning they can't instantly disconnect you even if they wanted to. I've found that stacking huge loads of life regen (3k+), and not soloing (having a partner able to protect you, especially a Barbarian with war cry-invigorate ), can save you in these situations. My HC barbarian got dc'd on mp1, and somehow survived this. Although I've got life saving passives on like relentless etc. and very high life regen.
Reply Quote
This might not be possible with a small change, but nonetheless might be a good idea to add for those who seek the greater challenge: (Refer to the game Bastion)

In Bastion, a very fun hack-n-slash indie game, there are options to increase the difficulty of the game for greater reward in loot/xp/gold etc. This system could be implemented for a greater challenge to players of Diablo III. It might work as follows:

Before starting a game, you choose from a couple of options. These can include: 1.) All monsters have double movement speed, but you receive 20% more experience, 2.) Your armour and resistances are reduced by 50%, but the droprate for legendaries are increased by 25%. 3.) Your gear's durability damage is increased 500% , but double gold drops. 4.) All elite-packs spawn in pairs, but so do treasure goblins. 5.) Bosses (Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo etc.) have 400% more life and 200% more damage, but you receive 10 times the amount of ingredients eg. Tomes of secrets etc.

I dunno, of course those are not the most creative options, but the system could work. The purpose is to increase the challenge and reap more rewards. The cool thing is, you could enable all the options for an insane gaming experience which only the best should try. This isn't suppose to be a minor challenge for big rewards, but the opposite.
Reply Quote
A couple of your newer points, namely the Thorns and Life on Kill changes suggested by Waitubold, would be considered a part of itemization which is definitely not a small change. It's virtually been confirmed that those two stats will in fact change with Loot 2.0 next year.

I'm just bringing that up because if you are including itemization changes on your list (the core of the game), then I and many others will have hundreds of ideas for you. And if that's the case I'd change the Thread title to, "Wishlist - Game Improvements" and change your OP to explain this goes beyond small changes.

Don't get me wrong I think both the ideas that Waitubold suggested are fantastic, they are just part of a much bigger picture than simple QoL changes. :P
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 04:38 AMPosted by DamienJohn
A couple of your newer points, namely the Thorns and Life on Kill changes suggested by Waitubold, would be considered a part of itemization which is definitely not a small change.

I did not think about this. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll move them to the "Big Changes" section which are intended for valid points of which do not fit the small changes section.

07/05/2013 04:38 AMPosted by DamienJohn
I'm just bringing that up because if you are including itemization changes on your list (the core of the game), then I and many others will have hundreds of ideas for you. And if that's the case I'd change the Thread title to, "Wishlist - Game Improvements" and change your OP to explain this goes beyond small changes.

Actually that's a good Idea - the more ideas the merrier, but I still want to keep the list "mainly" focused on Quality of Life issues as you say. :)
Edited by pusimusidu#2707 on 7/5/2013 4:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My turn...

Auction House:

1. Add a disable/enable for gem, especially while comparing with your own items or looking for upgrades.
2. Add the followers in the Auction house.
3. Add a watchlist, perhaps an eye icon.

Monsters:

1. Why not make elite/champs monsters changed to a different colors [not glow]
2. Would love to see a random boss monsters, huge just like in the trailer. [same loot as elites]
3. Perhaps goblins should add to NV also.
Reply Quote
Auction House:

1. Add a disable/enable for gem, especially while comparing with your own items or looking for upgrades.
2. Add the followers in the Auction house.
3. Add a watchlist, perhaps an eye icon.

1.) Definitely a sweet idea. I hate it when people purposely leave gems in gear to make it "seem" more valuable, but actually are just making it hard to compare gear.
2.) I'm assuming the ability to compare their gear directly from the auction house?
3.) This is already in the list ->Auction House 3.)

Monsters:

1. Why not make elite/champs monsters changed to a different colors [not glow]
2. Would love to see a random boss monsters, huge just like in the trailer. [same loot as elites]
3. Perhaps goblins should add to NV also.

1.) Why should this be changed? To make the more visible?
2.) Very hard to implement this as epic as it was in that gameplay trailer due to the huge scripts required eg. It wouldn't be random.
3.) True. Good suggestion.
Reply Quote
Very good topic, I agree only with some points but it would be great if devs look to this type of topic when they think what to implement in the next patch or expansion.
Reply Quote
@pusimusidu,

For the follower, yes, I would also love to upgrade/sell my followers items. I hate to log in the game just to see my followers items and then come back to the Auction house.

For the monster suggestion 1, yes especially when farming act 2 desert, hurt my eyes, lol. I would love to see their textures, and it'll also be refreshing to see more variations to all the monsters.
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Mau2Due
Very good topic, I agree only with some points but it would be great if devs look to this type of topic when they think what to implement in the next patch or expansion.

Thanks, I just wanted to put my ideas, and others', on the same list of stuff.

I don't agree with all the points either, but even those have a root problem that should be solved somehow.

And yes, I hope the developers will take a look at this. They do not have to even consider the bigger changes, just some of the quality of life issues.

07/05/2013 05:34 AMPosted by rOnn
For the follower, yes, I would also love to upgrade/sell my followers items. I hate to log in the game just to see my followers items and then come back to the Auction house.

Good idea. I'll be adding this to the list soon, if I haven't already - It's getting harder and harder to track with this list.

For the monster suggestion 1, yes especially when farming act 2 desert, hurt my eyes, lol. I would love to see their textures

I have no idea how to improve this so that everyone that enjoys it/ is used to it won't be annoyed.

, and it'll also be refreshing to see more variations to all the monsters.

This is already in -> Small Changes->Gameplay->8.)
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 04:46 AMPosted by pusimusidu
A couple of your newer points, namely the Thorns and Life on Kill changes suggested by Waitubold, would be considered a part of itemization which is definitely not a small change.

I did not think about this. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll move them to the "Big Changes" section which are intended for valid points of which do not fit the small changes section.

Oops! Guess I got a little carried away, there.
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Waitubold
Oops! Guess I got a little carried away, there.

No problem. It gets hard to find new ones to add to the list though. I keep scanning other threads for more ideas, but most are in. I'm sure there are more ideas out there.
Reply Quote
GET RID OF THE AUCTION HOUSE with all the necessary itemization and drop rates, etc. changes that would come with it!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not diablo until that god damn database of items are gone
Reply Quote
07/05/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Durabolin
GET RID OF THE AUCTION HOUSE with all the necessary itemization and drop rates, etc. changes that would come with it!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not diablo until that god damn database of items are gone

Already in the list. :)
Reply Quote
Here's another one for Small Changes: Auction House: Filters on the "Completed" tab. Most players are focused on their next purchase, but some do want to look through what they've already bought; to recall how much they spent on an item, or just to get a sense of how much they've spent on the AH in general (or, conversely, how much they've sold). They don't need to be as detailed as the filters on the searching/purchasing tabs, but there has to be a better way to search through your AH history without clicking "Show more items" and scrolling forever.

Not my idea, BTW: credit for this one goes to venveng.
Reply Quote
Here's another one for Small Changes: Auction House: Filters on the "Completed" tab. Most players are focused on their next purchase, but some do want to look through what they've already bought; to recall how much they spent on an item, or just to get a sense of how much they've spent on the AH in general (or, conversely, how much they've sold). They don't need to be as detailed as the filters on the searching/purchasing tabs, but there has to be a better way to search through your AH history without clicking "Show more items" and scrolling forever.

Not my idea, BTW: credit for this one goes to venveng.

Thanks Waitubold! I'll be sure to add this into the list.
Reply Quote
New Additions

Auction House

9.) Filters on the "Completed" tab: Most players are focused on their next purchase, but some do want to look through what they've already bought; to recall how much they spent on an item, or just to get a sense of how much they've spent on the AH in general (or, conversely, how much they've sold). They don't need to be as detailed as the filters on the searching/purchasing tabs, but there has to be a better way to search through your AH history without clicking "Show more items" and scrolling forever. [Thanks venveng!]

10.) Sorting by +DPS,+HP or +Protect: Many people who are inexperienced at Diablo III gear have a tough time trying to find upgrades. I highly doubt that it was intended for the auction house to be difficult to find upgrades.
Gameplay

Convenience

Gameplay

10.) XP Penalty on softcore death (Similar to Diablo II, but less harsh): Gold is a valuable currency for Diablo III and the penalty of repairs is justifiable. However, the penalty still feels a bit weak. I suggest a 5% experience loss of the current progress e.g. If the slain player is currently 50% towards paragon level 50, upon revival he is now at 47.5% experience.

This is a minor penalty which might enforce a little bit more focus on survival or eHP than just pure DPS builds. Players should not feel that dying a few times is better than to properly equip their characters, but the penalty should be subtle enough to not force them out of DPS builds.

11.) .) Workaround on “aura” skill replacements: A good example is with two barbarians: The one casts war cry that gives a 40% armor boost, but then the other casts war cry with invigorate which gives a 20% armor boost and life regeneration – this replaces the 40% armor boost on the other barbarian. Some people like to keep their current buff, e.g. War cry etc, and not have it replaced.

A workaround will be needed for this. This can possibly be implemented through a button which locks buffs from other players of the same skill which you currently have on. Applied to the above example: The one casts war cry that gives a 40% armor boost, but then the other casts war cry with invigorate which gives a 20% armor boost and life regeneration – both barbarians have the “same skill lock” enabled and it does not replace the 40% armor boost on the other barbarian whilst keeping his invigorate 20% armor and life regeneration boost.

I have experienced too many times where I have to ask kindly ask another barbarian to change his war cry rune just so that it won’t counter my invigorate life regeneration boost, which can be infuriating at times.

12.) XP-radius zones on minimap: Sometimes players like to run ahead and kill monsters, you are stuck somewhere or are just fighting two separate packs of mobs. A radius view around players currently in combat (The minimap axes icon thing) would be great for players to know if they are actually gaining/losing xp since the xp-gain distance is not that clear (I believe 2 screens far? Hard to judge that in combat).

Edit: Typo'd the numbers. Added the xp radius to gameplay..
Edited by pusimusidu#2707 on 7/6/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A couple more, probably for the "Big Idea" category:

Fix Dodge
Worst damage mitigation in the game, and possibly part why DHs feel so "squishy." Maybe give players a move speed buff, equal to 1/4 or 1/3 their dodge chance, if and when they're taking damage from an undodgeable affix, so that they're better able to move away from its area of effect. Give it to all players, too, so that everybody sees the benefit (although the Dex-based DH and Monk would benefit most).
Maybe combine that with tweaks to those heavy-damage, undodgeable Elite affixes, so that their damage starts off lower for a second or two, and then ramps up above where it is now. After all, if you're given a fighting chance to dodge 'em, and still don't, then there should be some kind of penalty, right?
Also, if they buff the defensive skills and/or passives of the melee classes, then they can take the 30% DR out of the game, which seems to be causing some hard feelings.

Fix Hitboxes
This would actually work hand-in-hand with my proposed Dodge fix; if you're going to allow players to avoid attacks by moving around the screen, then it helps if they know which parts of the screen are actually occupied by their own hitbox.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]